QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

nikolain

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OFWKuwait said:
Hi,

I have a question. Does Quebec need educational assessment?
If yes, do they also recognize assessment from WES?

Thank you all in advance for answering and helping.

CHeers
No they do not need Educational Assessment.

OFWKuwait

Aug 17, 2014
nikolain said:
No they do not need Educational Assessment.
Thanks for the reply mate.

Do you happened to have any link about that info?
I am still trying to familiarize myself with this Quebec application,
and I would like to have as much information as I can get.

thanks again! cheers

ashraflakho

Aug 15, 2012
Dear Anand,

I really appreciate and support what you have mentioned here. I am recently facing a problem. I applied through a lawyer for Queebec Immigration in 2012. My file number as allocated after three months. They asked my more documents. I was failed to provide my wife's tax and social contributions and then they rejected my application. Although I was living outside of my home country but they rejected my case.
Now my lawyer is saying we will raise this to deputy minister of immigration that this is not fair policy of dealing the application. If they haven't done any assessment then why they accepted application. Moreover, not providing a wife's documents is not concerned with the points because there are no points of spouse profession. Now that letter has been served to them.

I am waiting for the response. My all original documents are with them. I don't know the outcome of my application.
Can anyone has faced similar sort of problem? Please share with me.

Anand_Inida said:
Dear members,
Updated List
Q1. I have enough points, why is my file rejected?
A1. Quebec Immigration follows Murphy's Law. Whatever that can go wrong will eventually go wrong. That's why.
Q2. Well Said. But I don't get it.
A2. For example, you have 100 points on your file but you fail to/forgot to send a document for high school diploma of your spouse or a tax exempt document for your wife. You may logically think that these documents don't give any points and officer will give you CSQ without interview. Officer can reject you just because of this single piece of paper you did not send with application.
Q3. OK. I still did not get it. Can you explain?
A3. Send all documents in required format. Don't leave even a single one. If you leave one, then it's all up to chance.
Q4. What documents should I send?
A4. Whatever you written in application irrespective of whether it is giving you points or not should be backed with documents in required format.
Q5. What documents I should submit for Income Tax?
A5. Best answer is to tell what not to. Any document not issued by local revenue agency or Government is not valid. For example, Salary slips/PF contribution slips/salary certificate issued by employer are not valid. Confirmation of payment of income tax/ Original proof of payment of income tax/ your original social security contributions are valid.
Q6. But I am exempt from paying Income tax or there is no income tax in my country. What should I do?
A6. If PM Modi says he was a tea vendor before, Quebec immigration wants proof that he paid income tax or he is exempt from. So get a proof from government or local revenue agency.
Q7. But I tried with Income tax department. They don't issue any such thing.
A7. This is why you have local practicing and authorized charted accountants. They are representatives of government. You and I don't follow the rules every year. They do. They can issue these letters in authority given to them by government. In the letter mention what section or rule of income tax you are exempt from paying income tax and get the letter with a seal or stamp. This worked well with me.
Q8. Can I submit online copy?
A8. No. If you have online copy then you have to get a manual copy or a seal or stamp on the online copy. If CA you consulted says he cannot do it, go to other CA. It is possible because most of the members from different countries have done it. If this is not possible in your country, try to get online copy notarized.
Q9. Do I need French for Quebec immigration?
A9. Yes and No. In most cases, first to get CSQ, to get a Job and to have good life in Quebec you need it. NO, to get CSQ in some circumstances you don't need it.
Q10. I am Married. Should I add my wife to application now?
A10. Well if you want to stay married, yes
Q11. Should I inform about changes to application within a month?
A11. Yes you should. If you could not get required documents in a month, you can still send the application with fee and attach whatever is available at that time. In cover letter explain that you will send the actual documents once they are available to you.
Q12. I have more points than minimum threshold. Will my interview be waived?
A12. Anything is possible. Quebec immigration is subjective not objective.
Q13. I don't get it. Explain?
A13. If logical decision is made purely based on the information given in file and based on the calculated points it is objective. If you add mood of the officer, it is subjective.
Q14. My AOT is this how many points do I get?
A14. Difficult to answer. It depends on your Bachelors or masters if your experience is related to any one of them. It's up to officer if your degree is not related to experience.
Q15. What is validated Job offer?
A15. A job offer that is deemed to be genuine by MICC is validated employment. Usually this is done for applicants from outside Quebec who secured a permanent job before they land in Canada. For applicants within Quebec who are working as temporary workers with LMO or Intra Company transfer still should get this document from MICC. The process for internal candidates is easy and fast. The chances of approval are also good since the candidate has already fulfilled a certain requirement in Quebec job market.
The link is http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/employeurs/embaucher-permanent/conditions-requises/index.html. Basically you need your employer to follow all the steps mentioned in the link above. Bottom line is to get a letter from employer that you are/will be a permanent direct fulltime employee, your job description, a positive LMO (if applicable) and why you are chosen ahead of local population. Along with this company's financial statement should be attached (This is tricky part).
If you submit your application with Job offer, you application will be treated with top priority provided you have all other documents in order. A member here got his CSQ in 2 months (yes 2 months) without French.
Q16. Is there a standard format for tax exemption letter?
A16. NO there is no standard format. What worked for me is a letter from CA. But now a days MICC officers are clearly mentioning that they dont accept these also. The only option is to have a document from your tax agency. To my understanding, though your salary is less than the minimum threshold, you still should contribute some amonut to your PF or social security. All legal business in India/any where should pay PF to employees. So get the PF statement stamped by PF office. Sorry if you don't have PF contribution. The legality of experience is even more difficult to prove.

Anand

Anand_Inida

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2014
Doc's Request.
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along
Interview........
Waived
ashraflakho said:
Dear Anand,

I really appreciate and support what you have mentioned here. I am recently facing a problem. I applied through a lawyer for Queebec Immigration in 2012. My file number as allocated after three months. They asked my more documents. I was failed to provide my wife's tax and social contributions and then they rejected my application. Although I was living outside of my home country but they rejected my case.
Now my lawyer is saying we will raise this to deputy minister of immigration that this is not fair policy of dealing the application. If they haven't done any assessment then why they accepted application. Moreover, not providing a wife's documents is not concerned with the points because there are no points of spouse profession. Now that letter has been served to them.

I am waiting for the response. My all original documents are with them. I don't know the outcome of my application.
Can anyone has faced similar sort of problem? Please share with me.
This type of issue has come up even in local news papers and almost everyone related to immigration ( employers, agencies and lawyers ) are talking about these rules. A very interesting case that I knew from some one in circle is of a Macgill professor with Phd. He is from south American country and very important to university in Montreal. His wife worked for a company some 5 years ago and now the company went bankrupt and he could not experience certificate for her. MICC rejected application and deported all his family memebers. This went to the ministry and it seems they are looking in to it. This info is something from word of mouth I have no solid proof.
Now a days all lawyers are filing complaints with Ministry about these rules, especially for tax related documents for self and dependents. May be they may look in to your case and give positive judgement.
All the best
Anand
May be there is a hope

carro

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Jamaica
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 7, 2011
Doc's Request.
January 18, 2013
AOR Received.
April 18, 2011
Interview........
CSQ received November 12, 2013
Hi Geochaddy,

How are you? I got medical request on November 11, 2014 and got 30 days to send them in. Today is my deadline.

nikolain

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OFWKuwait said:
Thanks for the reply mate.

Do you happened to have any link about that info?
I am still trying to familiarize myself with this Quebec application,
and I would like to have as much information as I can get.

thanks again! cheers
The Quebec Immigration website is pretty straight forward. Also i applied in August 2014 so i know which documents to attach.

Geochaddy

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013 at BIQ Montreal
Nomination.....
12-12-2014 CSQ received
AOR Received.
05-06-2013
File Transfer...
April 15 file received at BIQ Mexico
Interview........
Waived
carro said:
Hi Geochaddy,

How are you? I got medical request on November 11, 2014 and got 30 days to send them in. Today is my deadline.
Hi Carro, how are you? Good to see your application progressing nicely. I hope you submitted your medical today. Why did you wait so long. How soon are you hoping to land?

kanarf

Star Member
Sep 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - Mexico BIQ/Federal - POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ-April 2012/Federal -Sept 14, 2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 2013
AOR Received.
CSQ-July 2013/Federal-Dec 8, 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 18, 2015
Med's Request
Feb 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar 7, 2016
Interview........
waived for CSQ
Passport Req..
Feb 25, 2016
LANDED..........
to be decided
congrats to you carro. .......when did you file your federal? whats the timeline like?

carro

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Jamaica
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 7, 2011
Doc's Request.
January 18, 2013
AOR Received.
April 18, 2011
Interview........
Hi Geochaddy,

I think you have it wrong, I just meant that they gave me 30 days and yesterday was my my deadline date. They were submitted before that.

carro

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Jamaica
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 7, 2011
Doc's Request.
January 18, 2013
AOR Received.
April 18, 2011
Interview........
kanarf said:
congrats to you carro. .......when did you file your federal? whats the timeline like?
Hi kanarf,

I got my CSQ on November 11, 2013-interview at the High Commission in Kingston. I filed federal on December 23, 2013, this was sent to Nova Scotia and then it was forwarded to High Commission in Kingston. They acknowledged receipt on February 13, 2014.

On November 11, 2014 I got medical request and got 30 days to submit documents.

kanarf

Star Member
Sep 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Oct 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Dec 18, 2015
Med's Request
Feb 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar 7, 2016
Interview........
waived for CSQ
Passport Req..
Feb 25, 2016
LANDED..........
to be decided
wowwwwww......basically a year for federal. I recently received email that I am on a list to be interviewed. I am happy but nervous at the same time......wish me luck when the time comes

carro

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Jamaica
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 7, 2011
Doc's Request.
January 18, 2013
AOR Received.
April 18, 2011
Interview........
kanarf said:
wowwwwww......basically a year for federal. I recently received email that I am on a list to be interviewed. I am happy but nervous at the same time......wish me luck when the time comes
I pray that you will have success. I wonder if they will be travelling here again or maybe it will be done over the phone/ Just make sure you know basic French such as your name , where you work, your age, where you live? Remember if you don't hear the question make sure you can ask for them to repeat slowly.

Have an idea where you will stay not the exact address, but maybe the town. Know the ruling party and who is the Premier. Just pray will get your CSQ

kanarf

Star Member
Sep 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Oct 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Dec 18, 2015
Med's Request
Feb 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar 7, 2016
Interview........
waived for CSQ
Passport Req..
Feb 25, 2016
LANDED..........
to be decided
thanks soo much. I met someone online thats in ja that got telephone interview in oct.

carro

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Jamaica
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 7, 2011
Doc's Request.
January 18, 2013
AOR Received.
April 18, 2011
Interview........
kanarf said:
thanks soo much. I met someone online thats in ja that got telephone interview in oct.
Okay that's cool so you can get some tips from that person as well.