+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

kid_koala

Nov 5, 2014
Hello :)

Anyone scheduled for interview in New York these days? I've searched the entire forum and nothing. Maybe those who had the interview already can share their experience.

Thanks!

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
aneeshthomas said:
Hello Seniors,

I had already applied for Quebec skilled worker program on January, 2013. And I got my file number by email on March, 2013 and also got the receipt.

Now I want to know how long it will take time to get my CSQ certificates?

Please help me. When I applied for this program, my agent had told me that you will get CSQ certificate within 4-6 months. Now they tell me it will take more than 6 months time period.

Can anybody please tell me the approx time of getting CSQ certificate after getting file number ?

Also please tell me the complete time period of getting Quebec skilled worker visa ?

I am from India (Kerala)

Your help will be really helpful to people like me.

Many Thanks,
aneesh
I agree with Anand_Inida. For prioritized profession with 16 points, it takes at least 1 year or 1.5 years to get CSQ (that is to say if your application is complete and no need to add any further documents. It's not possible 4-6 months.

death_fast

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 2014
AOR Received.
22 may 2014
Milan kunwar said:
Hours for telephone inquiries

Monday, tuesday, thursday and friday

8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Montréal time)
Wednesday
10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Montréal time)

Please note that their offices are closed on certain holidays.

Holiday
Closing dates
New Year's Day January 1
January 2
Good Friday April 18
Easter Monday April 21
National Patriots' Day May 19
Québec National Day June 24
Canada Day July 1
Labour Day September 1
Thanksgiving Day October 13
Christmas
December 24
December 25
December 26
New Year's Day December 31
thanx milan for the info

death_fast

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 2014
AOR Received.
22 may 2014
DebR said:
Do you know the Number?
the number of montreal office is +15148649191

death_fast

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 2014
AOR Received.
22 may 2014
Milan kunwar said:
If you are planning to call today, call after 9 :15pm nepal time. For tomorrow you can call after 7:15 pm onwards.
thanx milan ji
lets be connected in this topic
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nepalese-applicant-for-csq-t250707.0.html

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally someone said something realistic - Bravo. Thanks for sharing what the majority of immigrants are going through.

rohitchaudhary1976 said:
WHAT YOU ALL GUYS ARE EXPECTING THAT ONCE YOU GUYS WILL LAND AT MONTREAL OR QUEBEC CITY OR GATINEAU, WHAT WILL HAPPEN WITH YOU GUYS WHEN YOU START WORKING AS NURSES...

I just wanted to give you guys an advice that if you have not left your jobs or sold your homes and your assets in your home country, then it is a please save them and then land in Canada because "Government has some different requirement for Immigration" and Employers/Professional associations have different requirements from candidates. It's kind of unachievable (may be achievable)/expensive process. Forget that in Quebec you will get anything (as far as nursing is concerned). Only Quebec rentals are cheaper and the money which government says to bring (landing fund for quebec) is very very very very less. Other part of Canada is costlier you can say 50% of your income (if doing survival jobs) will go as rent. YES you can move to any province any day after landing in Montreal, no probs at all as i have met few people those are Fluent in French (yess FLUENT, like from morocco, Tunisia and they are accountant, PhD and Mechanical Engr and not getting jobs and racism (this guy mech. Engr did his masters from Montreal did not get the job there and got a response from employer after he called the employer about the decision, the employer says The dont hire arabs and blacks, so this guy was Arab.

I even cant suggest to those that if you are doing well in India (cuz i am indian) then dont leave because it's a myth we see from our home country, that it's shining, as nobody will understand this part and will question me then that "why you went to Canada, stopping us." I am not stopping anybody.

Quebec does not have jobs. Most of the filipinos are working Survival jobs, they are family of 5 and everybody is doing this only, indians too..i wont say that everybody has same faith but yea most of them has this thing.

Canadians dont need us but they need our kids cuz the kids will grow as real Canadians, they want a skill (except s/w engrs) which everybody has to acquire and it's not easy but it's very costly......

Doctors, It is next to impossible that one international doctor can ever become doctor in Canada (very rare, it's really hard)... Immigration departments give immigration to nurses by scoring 6 bands in IELTS but nursing association dont give you Equivalency on that score.

INDIAN GNM diploma holders just forget that you will become RN without studying 2-3 years and high IELTS score. Yes You can become LPN but now rules changed so apply thru www dot nnas dot ca.

ALL THE BEST GUYS, UNTIL AND UNLESS YOU STUDY THERE (CANADIAN STUDY) you won't get licenses but we dont get jobs easily so we end up spending our money, and to survive we have to do jobs and this way we cant study and end-up doing secondary jobs or choose different low paid fields. And as we leave our home countries so we never tell our near ones or dears ones what work we are doing. A physiotherapist in India always says i am working as physio in Canada but 90% of the time they are telling lies to their families/friends in India.

IT'S VERY VERY VERY HARD TO GET SURVIVAL JOBS IN MONTREAL/QUEBEC. I HAVE ALSO HEARD (HEARD ONLY FROM STUDENTS WHO HAVE LEFT TO ALBERTA AFTER FINISHING THEIR STUDIES) THAT ONTARIO HAS SO MANY STUDENTS THAT THEY ARE READY TO WORK BELOW THE LOW WAGES SO EMPLOYER ESPECIALLY FOR SURVIVAL JOBS HIRE THEM OR HARASS US IMMIGRANTS BY TELLING US LOW SALARIES, BUT IF SOMEONE WANTS SURVIVAL JOBS AFTER A WEEK THEN GO TO ALBERTA ONLY (EDMONTON, CALGARY) BUT IN ALBERTA, 2 BR APARTMENT IS ANYWHERE FROM 1200-1400$ A MONTH, YOU ARE LUCKY IF YOU GET 1100 A MONTH, ELECTRICITY NOT INCLUDED ONLY HEAT AND HOT WATER INCLUDED. WHEN YOU REACH ALBERTA (ESPECIALLY EDMONTON/CALGARY) OR TORONTO, YOU WILL MOSTLY SEE WE INDIANS (They use Desi) or Filipinos or chinese students as majority lol.

I dont know what to say, i am not discouraging anybody but those who can save their home country jobs and properties, then just go there without selling or resigning and watch, it's not what we see, but most of the people were having hard time in India so they kind of compromise. Alberta has 6-7 or lets say 8 months of winters (SNOW i mean) and other time 10-20 degree temperature. Very less doctors, waiting period of getting family doctor is very long, doctors dont believe in writing prescription (this is what i have noticed, i can be wrong).

Canada is safe, work respect is there, and your kids (us indian's), they become Canadians but we indian parents are still trying that please stay Indian, stay Indian, stay Indian but no they won't. Everybody says, oh at least it (canada) is good for our kids, they can go to world class universities and it's funny that everybody is saying that, everybodyyyyyyyy.

I wrote all this is that dont think road is very easy ahead than it seems....ALL THE BEST...Please dont shout on me or get angry...Just i typed like others what i wanted to type....chill

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
rohitchaudhary1976 said:
YOU JUST LANDED SEPT 5, 2014......I know this pathetic process of OIIQ, and Enjoy your time in Montreal. Dont get angry on me please "cuz when you used word CHILL, i saw anger." I typed in General, and you are telling your own experience....but i am happy you are doing good...but if you see nodbody type any reality and just type green or white, so i just tried to show the real picture....i dont know which part of canada you are and how long ago you went there but i have met more than 200 people immigrants, and out of those 200 only 10 are happy and 190s are just saying which i dont wanna type here and saw doctors....I am typing reality ok which nobody nobody has typed the day i filed my application......there are very good people very well earners left for Canada thinking that it will be awesome and they are regretting...so dont make your Individual case...Show the reality those who have not reached there....and aware them okay...tell them how it will be.....It should be a SMART DECISION AND NOT HASTY DECISION....and if someone wants to go then at least dont sell your property/leave your well paid jobs (if you are earning good)........and then leave for Canada. WHAT WRONG I AM DOING IF I AM TYPING ALL THIS...I can type ooooo Canada is awesome..once you come out of airport, people will greet you redcarpet, the next day of landing you will get highly paid jobs, and or should i type that nurses dont worry no problem come and get a job...it's brilliant here....
Er...where did you get that? We didnt land anywhere, we are not there yet, we just filed application and we are waiting for a result. Im simply saying i already know at this point, how hard it's gonna be for new applicants. I heard that many people returned to their home country after 2 - 3 years. It's hard for some people, but not all people. I also heard positive results from people who moved there, friends and relatives. All we need to do is to be fully prepared, save up and bring enough money. Yes, you are doing the right thing in informing people here. I agree with you there. You seem to be frustrated and complaining, that's all i mean. No need to get so worked up...

death_fast

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 2014
AOR Received.
22 may 2014
rohitchaudhary1976 said:
I am sorry you are right you have not reached there. I am not Complaining. I am not asking for any help. I am just typing which nobody has typed. Showing people what i have seen in 7 months okay and saw people who are here for 2-3 years or 4 years. For you i have one suggestion, just leave Montreal the day you land here and go to Alberta for jobs (not saying nursing job), and it's not a complaint but a suggestion and if you are B2 DELFer (passed) then stay in Montreal and do your nursing bridging program in FRENCH language and then you become nurse in superfast way, it's a suggestion as only one John Abbott College gives English training which has limited seats. and if you speak B2 level french and write then no problem for you, i mean no problem for anybody...pass you OQLF exam and you are well salary paid and well tax paid person in Quebec....All the best....FYI, i am not frustrated, just saw all the posts and nobody is typing reality....damn...people are coming in flying colors here and then spending finishing their money quickly and govt. does not help that quickly that seems okay, kids money takes 2-3 months, or 4 months, if you finish your money and dont get job, you dont get help from quebec govt like that....okay...."now tell me do i sound like frustrated." comeon...i will not type anymore if you want and i wish someone has typed all these things when i was going there....so i feel i should tell everybody what it's like to be here.
what are the formality to be registered as a nurse in quebec and could we move to another province like ontario after landed to montreal without getting our pr

nikolain

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
death_fast said:
what are the formality to be registered as a nurse in quebec and could we move to another province like ontario after landed to montreal without getting our pr
I don't know about registration formalities but Canada is cracking down on people who are moving to different states than the ones where they landed, in your case what do you mean by, without getting PR ?

Okacheese

Oct 28, 2014
rohitchaudhary1976 said:
WHAT YOU ALL GUYS ARE EXPECTING THAT ONCE YOU GUYS WILL LAND AT MONTREAL OR QUEBEC CITY OR GATINEAU, WHAT WILL HAPPEN WITH YOU GUYS WHEN YOU START WORKING AS NURSES...

I just wanted to give you guys an advice that if you have not left your jobs or sold your homes and your assets in your home country, then it is a please save them and then land in Canada because "Government has some different requirement for Immigration" and Employers/Professional associations have different requirements from candidates. It's kind of unachievable (may be achievable)/expensive process. Forget that in Quebec you will get anything (as far as nursing is concerned). Only Quebec rentals are cheaper and the money which government says to bring (landing fund for quebec) is very very very very less. Other part of Canada is costlier you can say 50% of your income (if doing survival jobs) will go as rent. YES you can move to any province any day after landing in Montreal, no probs at all as i have met few people those are Fluent in French (yess FLUENT, like from morocco, Tunisia and they are accountant, PhD and Mechanical Engr and not getting jobs and racism (this guy mech. Engr did his masters from Montreal did not get the job there and got a response from employer after he called the employer about the decision, the employer says The dont hire arabs and blacks, so this guy was Arab.

I even cant suggest to those that if you are doing well in India (cuz i am indian) then dont leave because it's a myth we see from our home country, that it's shining, as nobody will understand this part and will question me then that "why you went to Canada, stopping us." I am not stopping anybody.

Quebec does not have jobs. Most of the filipinos are working Survival jobs, they are family of 5 and everybody is doing this only, indians too..i wont say that everybody has same faith but yea most of them has this thing.

Canadians dont need us but they need our kids cuz the kids will grow as real Canadians, they want a skill (except s/w engrs) which everybody has to acquire and it's not easy but it's very costly......

Doctors, It is next to impossible that one international doctor can ever become doctor in Canada (very rare, it's really hard)... Immigration departments give immigration to nurses by scoring 6 bands in IELTS but nursing association dont give you Equivalency on that score.

INDIAN GNM diploma holders just forget that you will become RN without studying 2-3 years and high IELTS score. Yes You can become LPN but now rules changed so apply thru www dot nnas dot ca.

ALL THE BEST GUYS, UNTIL AND UNLESS YOU STUDY THERE (CANADIAN STUDY) you won't get licenses but we dont get jobs easily so we end up spending our money, and to survive we have to do jobs and this way we cant study and end-up doing secondary jobs or choose different low paid fields. And as we leave our home countries so we never tell our near ones or dears ones what work we are doing. A physiotherapist in India always says i am working as physio in Canada but 90% of the time they are telling lies to their families/friends in India.

IT'S VERY VERY VERY HARD TO GET SURVIVAL JOBS IN MONTREAL/QUEBEC. I HAVE ALSO HEARD (HEARD ONLY FROM STUDENTS WHO HAVE LEFT TO ALBERTA AFTER FINISHING THEIR STUDIES) THAT ONTARIO HAS SO MANY STUDENTS THAT THEY ARE READY TO WORK BELOW THE LOW WAGES SO EMPLOYER ESPECIALLY FOR SURVIVAL JOBS HIRE THEM OR HARASS US IMMIGRANTS BY TELLING US LOW SALARIES, BUT IF SOMEONE WANTS SURVIVAL JOBS AFTER A WEEK THEN GO TO ALBERTA ONLY (EDMONTON, CALGARY) BUT IN ALBERTA, 2 BR APARTMENT IS ANYWHERE FROM 1200-1400$ A MONTH, YOU ARE LUCKY IF YOU GET 1100 A MONTH, ELECTRICITY NOT INCLUDED ONLY HEAT AND HOT WATER INCLUDED. WHEN YOU REACH ALBERTA (ESPECIALLY EDMONTON/CALGARY) OR TORONTO, YOU WILL MOSTLY SEE WE INDIANS (They use Desi) or Filipinos or chinese students as majority lol.

I dont know what to say, i am not discouraging anybody but those who can save their home country jobs and properties, then just go there without selling or resigning and watch, it's not what we see, but most of the people were having hard time in India so they kind of compromise. Alberta has 6-7 or lets say 8 months of winters (SNOW i mean) and other time 10-20 degree temperature. Very less doctors, waiting period of getting family doctor is very long, doctors dont believe in writing prescription (this is what i have noticed, i can be wrong).

Canada is safe, work respect is there, and your kids (us indian's), they become Canadians but we indian parents are still trying that please stay Indian, stay Indian, stay Indian but no they won't. Everybody says, oh at least it (canada) is good for our kids, they can go to world class universities and it's funny that everybody is saying that, everybodyyyyyyyy.

I wrote all this is that dont think road is very easy ahead than it seems....ALL THE BEST...Please dont shout on me or get angry...Just i typed like others what i wanted to type....chill
This is true.

However, there are many things that can be done to minimise the impact.

Of course, the younger you are, the easier it will be for you to adapt.

As for qualifications. Foreign credentials are not recognised. So the best way to approach this is to transfer internally within your present company in India or Philippines etc. Regulated trades and professions, be prepared to not be in those trades or profession unless you are absolutely certain that your qualifications are recognised. Which is unlikely. Don't assume, get it really appraised now, down to the details.

It doesn't matter if you have been to the best school in India or the UK to begin with, the way Canada assess your application is to go through your course list. If say you were a civil engineer in India, Canada will see if you have done all the courses that an undergraduate would in Canada....if you are short of anything, you would need to take a test or obtain a Canadian degree. Yes....this means redoing thermodynamics if necessary.

That is why there are many immigrants who take on odd jobs. Most of the time food delivery.

I don't necessarily think that racism is a big factor. In many times, how you carry yourself matters. In many instances, some people still behave as if they are still in their native countries. First impression counts and if the way you behave reflects the stereotype, of course you will be discriminated.

I have seen a fair share of people within a specific community who are rude and obnoxious, yet there are also people who are pleasant, who do not fit into the stereotype.

It helps if one can communicate properly too. Last but not least, in fact probably the most important. One should give a damn about Quebec and Quebecois culture. Learn the history of Quebec, learn why is Quebec the way it is today, learn about its historical figures, major events and milestones.

Okacheese

Oct 28, 2014
Miumiu said:
Er...where did you get that? We didnt land anywhere, we are not there yet, we just filed application and we are waiting for a result. Im simply saying i already know at this point, how hard it's gonna be for new applicants. I heard that many people returned to their home country after 2 - 3 years. It's hard for some people, but not all people. I also heard positive results from people who moved there, friends and relatives. All we need to do is to be fully prepared, save up and bring enough money. Yes, you are doing the right thing in informing people here. I agree with you there. You seem to be frustrated and complaining, that's all i mean. No need to get so worked up...
Definitely do a certificate/diploma to spice up your CV.

Improve that French if need be. Pinoys usually settle down better than some groups......

rohitchaudhary1976

Star Member
May 26, 2010
Kenya
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Doc's Request.
N/A
Okacheese said:
This is true.

However, there are many things that can be done to minimise the impact.

Of course, the younger you are, the easier it will be for you to adapt.

As for qualifications. Foreign credentials are not recognised. So the best way to approach this is to transfer internally within your present company in India or Philippines etc. Regulated trades and professions, be prepared to not be in those trades or profession unless you are absolutely certain that your qualifications are recognised. Which is unlikely. Don't assume, get it really appraised now, down to the details.

It doesn't matter if you have been to the best school in India or the UK to begin with, the way Canada assess your application is to go through your course list. If say you were a civil engineer in India, Canada will see if you have done all the courses that an undergraduate would in Canada....if you are short of anything, you would need to take a test or obtain a Canadian degree. Yes....this means redoing thermodynamics if necessary.

That is why there are many immigrants who take on odd jobs. Most of the time food delivery.

I don't necessarily think that racism is a big factor. In many times, how you carry yourself matters. In many instances, some people still behave as if they are still in their native countries. First impression counts and if the way you behave reflects the stereotype, of course you will be discriminated.

I have seen a fair share of people within a specific community who are rude and obnoxious, yet there are also people who are pleasant, who do not fit into the stereotype.

It helps if one can communicate properly too. Last but not least, in fact probably the most important. One should give a damn about Quebec and Quebecois culture. Learn the history of Quebec, learn why is Quebec the way it is today, learn about its historical figures, major events and milestones.
Awesome....great

death_fast

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 2014
AOR Received.
22 may 2014
nikolain said:
I don't know about registration formalities but Canada is cracking down on people who are moving to different states than the ones where they landed, in your case what do you mean by, without getting PR ?
without pr card

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Okacheese said:
Definitely do a certificate/diploma to spice up your CV.

Improve that French if need be. Pinoys usually settle down better than some groups......
Yes i know that many ppl here in China, younger applicants, who are more comfortable with money, plan to study again in Canada first. A PR's tuition is way cheaper than being jst a foreign students. It wil definitely easier to find a job with a Canadian diploma. Im not Pinoy, my husband is; but, exactly, i agree with you, i didnt hear many negative reports from my husband's side of friends and relatives who relocated in Canada. Of course, everyone's situation is different. I guess it would be more stressful for applicants with child(ren).