CSQ 15-05-2011 Federal 25-09-2014
Doc's Request.
update of Docs requested in June 2014 and provided in July 2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 29/08/2014(without interview) Fereal application 20-09-2014
AOR Received.
QSW AOR 10 -08-2011- Federal AOR 30/01/2015
IELTS Request
Not applicable, (C1,B2 in TEFAQ Jan-2014)
File Transfer...
15-02-2015
Med's Request
06-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2015
LANDED..........
April 2016 inchallah
sango said:
I tried calling them yesterday on +15148649221 to ask the status of my file. The phone rang but later made a sound as if on fax. Several times, the same sound, I got frustrated. I am in Africa and too considered the 5 hrs difference. Is this the correct number to reach them?
Try this number 0015148649191

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
FOR CSQ MARCH 2013. FEDERAL JAN 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF AND PCC: DEC 19, 2016
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
ECAS: DM
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Decision Made: 16-03-17
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
sango said:
I tried calling them yesterday on +15148649221 to ask the status of my file. The phone rang but later made a sound as if on fax. Several times, the same sound, I got frustrated. I am in Africa and too considered the 5 hrs difference. Is this the correct number to reach them?
Sango that's a wrong number.

This is the right one: +1-514-864-9191

Dial it carefully and you'll get them.

Stylove.

keepthefaith

Oct 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
05-11-2013 remedical 03-12-2014
Interview........
01-06-2012
Passport Req..
11-02-2014
Good day Seniors. I have a very big problem. CIC requested for NBI certification from USA for my spouse but how can he have one will infact he only have C1d visa for seaman not a landbase job. All workdays spent only in the ship. Pleaseeeeee help. Anyone with same situation as our please please help. :mad:

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
talk2melas said:
Look at it this way,for you to be eligible to apply as a single you must score minimum of 51 points and 57 for couple but to get CSQ singles and couples must have minimum of 57 and 63 points respectively. Example if a single scores 51 and submit his/her application,he or she must be awarded 6 points (making his total score 51+6=57) for adaptability by the interviewer for him to get CSQ otherwise he will be denied.The example above also applies to a couple scoring between 57 and 62.The couple must gain the remaining points during the interview else the CSQ will be denied them.
For those who handed in their application before August 1,2013 but falls under the category expected to be assessed based on the new rules,if you no longer meet the threshold of 51 for singles and 57 points for couples by some points which the officers think you can make up by presenting B2 and above in French,you will be giving 18 months to improve your French skills (intent to refuse) and submit standardise french result to MICC, otherwise you will be denied without refund of your application fees.
To calculate your points base on the new rules send your details.
Thanks.
Talk2melas
AFAIK, its 49 and 57 to pre-qualify for single and with spouse respectively and 55, 63 to qualify for csq (again, single and with spouse respectively).

kfzmm

Star Member
Oct 25, 2010
zein said:
1\11
Damas\Montreal
the e-mail asked for my updates regarding Job, it didn't contain anything regarding french language, knowing that i didn't send any proof of my french level!
they are probably recounting my points.
could you kindly share what level of french you declared in your application.
regards

engMostafa

Jan 9, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zein said:
1\11
Damas\Montreal
the e-mail asked for my updates regarding Job, it didn't contain anything regarding french language, knowing that i didn't send any proof of my french level!
they are probably recounting my points.
Dear Zein,

When did they received your application in 2011?

And could you please share the first 3 number of your file number ? and from where you send your file?

Waiting for your reply.

engMostafa

Jan 9, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimmy80 said:
I called them yesterday to ask about my friend file. His file number is 451xxand they receie his file on March 2011 and it was complete. They said it's always "en phase d'attente".
After 5 min i called them and i asked regarding my file # 463xx and they told me its "en phase de traitement".
So t think they are evaluating the files based on the new procedures and who has more than 57 they put it in process phase otherwise if will kept in waiting phase.
I told him and he said that his lawyer"XYZ" confirm to him that no new rules applicable to him despite that he send him an e-mail to start learning French to get B2.
He told him that these rules are not officially published so i told him for sure the consultant knows better than me .
Hi jimmy80,

What is the different between "en phase d'attente" & "en phase de traitement".

Is it mean the primary examination have been done for your files?

jimmy80

Oct 19, 2012
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abou Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ 15-05-2011 Federal 25-09-2014
Doc's Request.
update of Docs requested in June 2014 and provided in July 2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 29/08/2014(without interview) Fereal application 20-09-2014
AOR Received.
QSW AOR 10 -08-2011- Federal AOR 30/01/2015
IELTS Request
Not applicable, (C1,B2 in TEFAQ Jan-2014)
File Transfer...
15-02-2015
Med's Request
06-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2015
LANDED..........
April 2016 inchallah
engMostafa said:
Hi jimmy80,

What is the different between "en phase d'attente" & "en phase de traitement".

Is it mean the primary examination have been done for your files?
Hi
I will answer eventhough im not really sure if i'm right. As per mu understanding my file before was in "phase d'attente" that' s mean sleeping phase.
Now i's in process phase i think it should be the "examen preliminaire".
They are now studying my file to take a decision.
Maybe i will soon in waiting list for interview, or go back to sleeping phase by requesting some update , or maybe tey will reject my application and they finish our nightmare.
Hope i will soon get a response.

Biolah

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
27th Jan.2014
VISA ISSUED...
30th Jan. 2014
LANDED..........
16th MAY 2014
@Sunshine, Congrat on the collection of your CSQ. You are very close to the finish line. Biolah
SUNSHINE4U said:
To God be the glory I received my CSQ on Tuesday.

The interview was scheduled for 9:00am and I got there at 8:09 am and waited for my my turn and at 9:02 I was called in for my interview. The interviewer was a middle aged man and he spoke audible and softly.
He started out with french to introduce himself and the whole process that was about to take place and after that, he started to request for my documents and as he went through each page thoroughly he was making notes also on his computer.
When he got to the documents for work experience, after going through it he then asked if I had done some jobs search on my field and I answered yes and showed him evidences ,he also asked if I knew the equivalent of my qualification in Quebec .
Then I was asked why I chose the borough I wanted to stay in montreal and I gave him my reasons , issues on children's school and day care were asked also.
He asked me to tell him the current affairs within the past month in Montreal and also some news papers that I know, sites where I looked for jobs and also about housing in Quebec.

In all, he kept on switching between french and English and at the end he said the long awaited statement, 'YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED' (hUh !!! sigh of relief). the whole interview lasted for 1hr 32 minutes
An advise to all, please learn your french very well cos he laid so much emphasis on it.

I hope this helps.

engMostafa

Jan 9, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimmy80 said:
Hi
I will answer eventhough im not really sure if i'm right. As per mu understanding my file before was in "phase d'attente" that' s mean sleeping phase.
Now i's in process phase i think it should be the "examen preliminaire".
They are now studying my file to take a decision.
Maybe i will soon in waiting list for interview, or go back to sleeping phase by requesting some update , or maybe tey will reject my application and they finish our nightmare.
Hope i will soon get a response.
hahahahaaa ..... no man .. inshallah you will be in waiting list.

akvarium

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
talk2melas said:
Look at it this way,for you to be eligible to apply as a single you must score minimum of 51 points and 57 for couple but to get CSQ singles and couples must have minimum of 57 and 63 points respectively. Example if a single scores 51 and submit his/her application,he or she must be awarded 6 points (making his total score 51+6=57) for adaptability by the interviewer for him to get CSQ otherwise he will be denied.The example above also applies to a couple scoring between 57 and 62.The couple must gain the remaining points during the interview else the CSQ will be denied them.
For those who handed in their application before August 1,2013 but falls under the category expected to be assessed based on the new rules,if you no longer meet the threshold of 51 for singles and 57 points for couples by some points which the officers think you can make up by presenting B2 and above in French,you will be giving 18 months to improve your French skills (intent to refuse) and submit standardise french result to MICC, otherwise you will be denied without refund of your application fees.
To calculate your points base on the new rules send your details.
Thanks.
Talk2melas
talk2melas, thank you for your response. If I manage to get B2 and score those 10 points for French I will have 66 points. Maybe we will not be called for an interview.

I was wondering how do they give you points for the work experience. According to the new rules the max. points for work experience is 8. But does it have to be the work experience from the list of training? I have 6 years experience which is not on the list, and two years part time work experience from the list. My education is from the list. However, I got my diploma in 2006, which is more than five years ago. Do I still have those points that were given for professions on the list of training? (In my case I get 6 points). The old rules said that those points were given only if the diploma was obtained not more than five years ago or if you have at least one year of paid full-time work experience. But, I did not see this in the new rules. I need to know whether I will still get my 6 points?

sango

Apr 13, 2011
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30/05/2016 Montréal, and became PR
Stylove said:
Sango that's a wrong number.

This is the right one: +1-514-864-9191

Dial it carefully and you'll get them.

Stylove.
Thanks Stylove, I finally got them on the phone spent about 7 minutes. After asking for my reference number, name, country of origin & date of birth the lady told me my file is on 'en attend'. All the converstion was in French with an accent I struggled to understand. Waiting continues Lol.

Ambitious15

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am from Algeria, 25 years old, holder of a bachelor degree in Electronic engineering with more than 2 years of experience in the Industrial Electricity field, I am wondering if I qualify for QSW or not ?

(I've already read the list of eligible occupations 2009 and I couldn't find the recent list)

please anyone can help

talk2melas

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
QSW:October 3rd,2013. Federal : February 16th 2016
Nomination.....
15-02-2015
AOR Received.
QSW:08-04-2014, Federal 20-02-2016
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
26-03-2016
Interview........
QSW: 15-02-2015
Passport Req..
20--04-3016
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
akvarium said:
talk2melas, thank you for your response. If I manage to get B2 and score those 10 points for French I will have 66 points. Maybe we will not be called for an interview.

I was wondering how do they give you points for the work experience. According to the new rules the max. points for work experience is 8. But does it have to be the work experience from the list of training? I have 6 years experience which is not on the list, and two years part time work experience from the list. My education is from the list. However, I got my diploma in 2006, which is more than five years ago. Do I still have those points that were given for professions on the list of training? (In my case I get 6 points). The old rules said that those points were given only if the diploma was obtained not more than five years ago or if you have at least one year of paid full-time work experience. But, I did not see this in the new rules. I need to know whether I will still get my 6 points?
The points awarded for work experience is not based on area of training list.An applicant will earn points differently for AOT and work experience but If your diploma is more than five years old,you must have at least one year work experience in your area of training to qualify.Please do not refer to old rules for anything again.Whatever the old says is not relevant to August 2013 applicants.