QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexey_nathan said:
I don't have anything about priority on my AOR neither, but my application is definitely priority (Quebec diploma, 12 points), and it was confirmed when I called MICC.
but i am not sure if I will fall under priority or not, but, the fact is they should at least follow what they have mentioned in their site, If application is treated with priority, they should mention the same in the AOR..

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia (Federal)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
alexey_nathan said:
I don't have anything about priority on my AOR neither, but my application is definitely priority (Quebec diploma, 12 points), and it was confirmed when I called MICC.
Even if AOT is in priority it won't be mentioned in the AOR. it's written only on CSQ. All AORs look the same.

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Amirjs said:
1- I have been reading about Canada and Quebec since 2004-2005....I was still a student and nothing was serious...
2- in the beginning of 2011, i had 3 years of experience in my field of study, married with one kid and ready to get the required point presuming i have intermediate French and advanced English (test was not required in those days)... So i was hoping to file the application and sit for the language exams afterwards...
3- 10 Dec 2011 my file was ready after 10s of hours of reading rules, translating my degrees and my wife's, etc... and just before i print and submit the applications, the new rules came out asking to submit french and english test with your file, otherwise you won't get points (and will not reach the threshold) and hence we will return your file...
4- So i decided to study hard and sit for exams before sending the file... i sent my file in Aug 2012 after clearing B1 in TCFQ... i worked so hard and spent good money and time on courses and books to refresh my school french knowledge...
5-In Oct 2012.... i was the happiest man on earth to receive AOR knowing that they won't send it unless they found that my AOT and my certificates (language and University) were accredited.... and I was rest assured that any new changes in the rules will not affect me knowing that the very basic rule in laws is that: any new rule should not be retroactive unless it's for the benefit of the case owner...
6- in Aug 2013 .... the dudes in the MICC added the below in their FAQ page... and ruined everything... they will now simply reject my application when my turn comes....

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/questions-answers.html#august
Immigration Rules and Procedures in effect since August 1, 2013

1. I submitted an immigration application under the Regular Skilled Worker Program. How do I know if the new measures apply to me?

The new measures apply to you if, by August 1, 2013, you received one of the following documents from the Ministère:

an acknowledgement confirming that your file has been opened and the fees received;
an acknowledgement as well as a letter asking you to provide missing documents or conforming documents in order to process your application.
does loosing the 8 points make your total points less than minimum needed ?

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
By the way,

Quebec immigration themselves contradicts themselves .. not only Call centres and online info sessions ..

they say those whose applications HAVE NOT BEGUN

and in FAQ they are assuming only those for which decision has been made or an interview call has been made.

Big difference between both, that will change the lifes of thousands of families.

mina_monmon

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
signalmaker said:
By the way,

Quebec immigration themselves contradicts themselves .. not only Call centres and online info sessions ..

they say those whose applications HAVE NOT BEGUN

and in FAQ they are assuming only those for which decision has been made or an interview call has been made.

Big difference between both, that will change the lifes of thousands of families.

Im fully agree with u dear frds , that is there is big diffrence between what they published in their website , and what their customer service said , really nothing to said

anyway , i need advice about getting B2 , and if there any materials helping me approach to this level so im waiting ur advice ?

bobby_pathak

May 17, 2011
Dear All,
i have put my file on 31st July 2013 @ Montreal office.
i am indian citizen working in Saudi Arabia.
When should i expect to get my AOR how much time takes approximately? and how much time it takes for the inverview from Saudi Arabia?
Thanks in Advance for your reply.

beautiful-carla

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreaal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2013(Received on 11/10/2013)
Doc's Request.
Submitted all documents...
AOR Received.
waiting...
IELTS Request
08-10-2013(together w/my Application documents)
File Transfer...
waiting....
Med's Request
waiting....
Med's Done....
not yet
Interview........
Hopefully waived...
Passport Req..
waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
Only GOD knows when...
LANDED..........
Only GOD knows when...
does anyone here applying from saudi arabia who is a nurse? ;)

Amirjs

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
AOR Received.
22-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the file: 4 points. TCFQ: sent with the file: B1 - 8 points
Bachar said:
don't lose hope, you can continue in french to get B2 in one of language skills, its not impossible to reach B2 especially you already have B1 level
Thank you for cheering me up Bashar.... I am tired of this thing... hope things will become better :)

Amirjs

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
AOR Received.
22-10-2012
IELTS Request
raistlin17phil said:
Don't lose hope, you're so close to B2. Study more, if you can. If 2 points is all you need in order to get to the preliminary passmark, they mentioned that they will give you time to present a language test result. Also, you might try updating you and your wife's years of work experience (you might be able to add additional points by now) and maybe even your IELTS, if you can get higher scores. Don't just give up because you're so close. Your turn hasn't come yet, so maybe you can still do something to improve your points ;)
Thanks for supporting me.... what is the preliminary passmark those days?? :) I really don't feel like reading any more documents ;D
I calculated my points again considering 0 for my current B1 french... i scored 57 without adaptability... is that enough?

Amirjs

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
AOR Received.
22-10-2012
IELTS Request
signalmaker said:
does loosing the 8 points make your total points less than minimum needed ?
Signal Maker: if i remove the 8 points of the B1... i get 57 points without adaptability..is that enough?
by when do you think they might need the B2 certificate?

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
Amirjs said:
Thanks for supporting me.... what is the preliminary passmark those days?? :) I really don't feel like reading any more documents ;D
I calculated my points again considering 0 for my current B1 french... i scored 57 without adaptability... is that enough?
I don't think the preliminary passmarks have changed: 49 for single, 57 for married; that's the passmark in order to be qualified to submit. In order to be given a CSQ, you must attain 55 for single, and 63 for married. I understand how you feel with regards to reading all these documents ;)

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amirjs said:
Signal Maker: if i remove the 8 points of the B1... i get 57 points without adaptability..is that enough?
by when do you think they might need the B2 certificate?
get course where you are you can easily get French classes, and with good teacher ull get b2 easily, at least you can get one B2 you get 5 points and writing and reading you can get points
you have enough time ,
as I don't believe 2012 applicants will be treated under new rules, if he wants to treat you under new rules, your profession now priority you get 10 + 12

where you are now better than Canada :p come take my CSQ if you want ;) I don't need it, why to go jobless to there? we are managers now you know ;)

maitamanipol

Aug 24, 2013
signalmaker said:
your asumption for English points is only correct if in listening and speaking you got 9/12 or more.

Also child gives 4 points not 3

Husband education cannot be more than 3, why you assumed 4 ?
thanks for reply, one more question where is will send my documents kindly send me address

virgo78

Aug 26, 2013
Dear all, I am in Pakistan and wanted to apply for Quebec immigration could you please help me in preliminary processing of my case. I have done MBA in Finance in 2007 and working in a bank since mid 2007. Proficiency in French no however could score 7 band in IELTS. Please advise.

kurtsebastian

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, is it okay to apply eventhough you are NOT CURRENTLY employed on the INTENDED occupation? Yes. This is for QSW. Thanks.