+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well i think so they are not too much welcoming for the immigrants lets see i think so asian applicants will not apply very few of them will be able to submit in 10000 only 3 4 lets see when the detailed GPI and AOT are released if u really want to go study route is the best option now

rjoyce

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
PH
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 - July -2013
AOR Received.
09 - Sept - 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
Dec 2014
Med's Request
18-March-2015
Med's Done....
25-March-2015
Interview........
08-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
21-April-2015
Mistaken_Identity said:
I've finally sent my application package via Fedex today. Hopefully it will reach Montreal by thursday.

Goodluck M_Identity :) i'm just 4 days ahead of you, hope we'll receive our AOR soon! :D

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
lemans207 said:
seems both principal and spouse must have B2 level french :'(
no i dont think it is a must, but if you want to gain points for language then the starting level would be high intermediate, and this will be suitable for 50 persons out of the 20,000 they are looking for :))))))

beleive me even if you study French in University it is not guaranteed to success the B2.

BTW my french teacher, went out of the B1 exam full of sweat, and got in Listening less than 15/25 and lost the points ...

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
signalmaker said:
no i dont think it is a must, but if you want to gain points for language then the starting level would be high intermediate, and this will be suitable for 50 persons out of the 20,000 they are looking for :))))))

beleive me even if you study French in University it is not guaranteed to success the B2.

BTW my french teacher, went out of the B1 exam full of sweat, and got in Listening less than 15/25 and lost the points ...
LOL

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
signalmaker said:

•the advanced intermediate level will become the minimum threshold from which points will be attributed for knowledge of French;
could become B1 level 2 points :D B2 4 points.....something like that.

I have B1 TEFAQ the wrong questions pushed me down

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leman what will happen to our applications ? :s they havent issued AOR to most of the people may be they are tricking the people with the new Rules :S

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
lemans207 said:
•the advanced intermediate level will become the minimum threshold from which points will be attributed for knowledge of French;
could become B1 level 2 points :D B2 4 points.....something like that.

I have B1 TEFAQ the wrong questions pushed me down
but the " ADVANCED " intermediate means B2 not B1 as i know, no ??!

B1 is ok maybe, if you choose TCFQ, but B2 is hard in anyways !!

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Umer Shahzad said:
leman what will happen to our applications ? :s they havent issued AOR to most of the people may be they are tricking the people with the new Rules :S

if your file reached them before Aug 1st, then you apply to older rules.

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i have AOR before 1 august i am B1 in TCFQ and A2 listening i am worried a bit may be in the interview they dont ask for higher result :(

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
signalmaker said:
but the " ADVANCED " intermediate means B2 not B1 as i know, no ??!

B1 is ok maybe, if you choose TCFQ, but B2 is hard in anyways !!
I already got my CSQ, but do you think they will ask new applicants for B2? During my interview he asked me for French test though I am before December 2011 ....

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lemans207 said:
I already got my CSQ, but do you think they will ask new applicants for B2? During my interview he asked me for French test though I am before December 2011 ....
yes this is what i am worried about :S

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Umer Shahzad said:
i have AOR before 1 august i am B1 in TCFQ and A2 listening i am worried a bit may be in the interview they dont ask for higher result :(

For those who applied before Dec 2011: he can ask for whatever that completes your application to the minimum points that enables you to get CSQ.

For those who applied after Dec 2011, they SHOULD HAVE ALREADY SENT SOME PROOF FOR THE LANGUAGE, AND THEY ALREADY COULDN'T TAKE POINTS FOR SOMETHING THEY DIDN'T PROOF IN DOCUMENTS ....

Now in interview, for those who have applied after Dec 2011, ( for example Married ) :

Example 1:

minimum is 57 before interview and 63 in interview.

if collected 57 before interview, then interview points should be 6/6, to get also minimum 63.

Then, the interviewer may ask you to get more French to get some missing points.

Example 2:

If you have 63 before interview, then the general grid is succeeding to get minimum points needed in whatever case you attend interview or not.

Most probably in last case candidate will not be asked for interview.

Example 3:

Before interview ( married ), and have 60 points.. then you need 3/6 minimum in interview to survive the CSQ.

If got 1 point only, then you will need another 2 points.

In this case you may be asked to get a higher french language, that supports the missing 2 points.

Hope this helps in friends in form.

rifiel

Star Member
May 17, 2012
There were several indications in the past that pointed to these new rules that will soon come into effect.

So now that the Quebec immigration bubble has finally burst;
what next?

Applicants who submitted their applications with french language results and have received their AOR already..........study more to improve your french results

Applicants who submitted their applications with french language results and have not yet received their AOR already..........Also study more to improve your french results (they may yet have some tricks up their sleeves)

Applicants who submitted their applications without french language results and have/have not yet received AOR ......study more to obtain a minimum of B1 (Still, they may yet have some tricks up their sleeves)

Applicants yet to file- hurry and do so before 31st July....with/without language results and start studying french now...

In my opinion, QC immigration will start to request for a minimum level of B1 at interview or for documents upgrade. It's good to start upgrading now......Surely it's not over for the anglophones!!!

YEEEAAAHHHH

Mistaken_Identity

Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
Thank god that I sent my application in this window.