grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lemans207 said:
Big retailers face new language rules in Quebec
Quebec's language watchdog wants more French in business names

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2012/10/13/french-language-english-companies.html
oh mon dieu, c'est un carnage pour les gens qui ne parlent pas le français..... :eek:

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
there is more

PQ wants to trim English classes, boost sovereignty studies
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2012/10/12/quebec-education-english-sovereignty-marie-malavoy.html

going crazy

grande_folie said:
oh mon dieu, c'est un carnage pour les gens qui ne parlent pas le français..... :eek:

grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lemans207 said:
there is more

PQ wants to trim English classes, boost sovereignty studies
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2012/10/12/quebec-education-english-sovereignty-marie-malavoy.html

going crazy
:eek: :D

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Hey folks... I have already sent my application for CSQ in July 2012... Now I've changed my mind because I can't wait for another 2-3 years so I want to go and study in Toronto or something for a year on a student visa and then get a work permit and start working and then get Canadian PR through that way... any ideas if this will affect either of the processes NEGATIVELY?

grimreaper

Oct 24, 2010
Folks,

My A2 results have come and it is not as expected:
PO : 8.5
CO : 13.0
PE : 15.0
CE : 24.0

I had applied in Nov'11, without French (it was allowed then). My total scores without french was 57 and I'm applying with the family (wife and one son).
The above scores may give me 2 more points taking the total to 59. I am thinking for waiting for the interview and expect the interviewer to give me the remaining 4 points. Is this something that is achievable? Please advise.

stanchuks

May 7, 2012
Naija
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
4glory said:
Well, I'm a Nigerian. All of us that applied before December 2011 change are lucky because applications could be submitted without French certificate and that's what you are benefitting now, please try to have our wife start preparing for French now against your interview because as the principal applicant she will be scored more points for her French ability than you will be scored. I have said it before on the forum that the effort one puts in learning French also count because our interview officer said oue French wasn't that good based on our expressions during the interview that we should continue learning French against our landing in Quebec but we meritted the CSQ. With the emphassis on languages now it is important to try to get as much point as possible.

In regards of your likely interview date I believe Mkash, Osamar and others have done a good job in analyzing the pattern of Hong kong VO interview scheduling using applicants AOR file numbers, application dates and the interview mission schedules so if you look into it you should be able to get an approximate interview mission schedule.

I'm of the opinion that the interview scheduling system will improve with the March 29th change and as soon as the backlogs are cleared.

Cheers

Hello 4glory,
I am really excited to find out you are Nigerian, i started the process since May 2012, did my language tests and just submitted last week and would be awaiting my AOR as i was told in 3-6months time
I am actually doing this through an agent and those were the details i got, my spouse didn't get any Score in our TEFaQ exams so she would be trying her luck again in 3 weeks time, although i have submitted without her result, hoping to replace it when we get our AOR (as i was told)
Yes, the big issue now is learning French, i have a very tight schedule, but i am willing to use my weekends to improve on my french, the truth is i have forgotten all i learnt before my exams, i was advised not to stop by my agent

My application was submitted in Monreal, am i going to have my interview there?
I noticed some people did not go through the interview stage, how possible is that?
Being a Nigerian, how is settling down in Quebec being? What are the likely challenges?

Sorry am asking so many questions, am just excited to see a fellow Naija on this Thread

Cheers

stanchuks

May 7, 2012
Naija
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
Hello All,

how do i edit my profile so i can include some details?
what i mean is this below (4glory)

Category........: QSW
Visa Office......: Accra
NOC Code......: 2172
Pre-Assessed..: Yes
App. Filed.......: 29-04-2010/17-10-2011
Doc's Request.: 28-03-2012
Nomination.....: 15-06-2011
AOR Received.: 18-06-2010/29-02-2012
Med's Request: 22-05-2012
Med's Done....: 26-05-2012
Interview........: 15-06-2011
Passport Req..: 16-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...: 20-08-2012

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
stanchuks said:
Hello 4glory,
I am really excited to find out you are Nigerian, i started the process since May 2012, did my language tests and just submitted last week and would be awaiting my AOR as i was told in 3-6months time
I am actually doing this through an agent and those were the details i got, my spouse didn't get any Score in our TEFaQ exams so she would be trying her luck again in 3 weeks time, although i have submitted without her result, hoping to replace it when we get our AOR (as i was told)
Yes, the big issue now is learning French, i have a very tight schedule, but i am willing to use my weekends to improve on my french, the truth is i have forgotten all i learnt before my exams, i was advised not to stop by my agent

My application was submitted in Monreal, am i going to have my interview there?
I noticed some people did not go through the interview stage, how possible is that?
Being a Nigerian, how is settling down in Quebec being? What are the likely challenges?

Sorry am asking so many questions, am just excited to see a fellow Naija on this Thread

Cheers
Yeah, it nice to see a fellow country man in the same category, God willing all will go well.

Why TEFaQ, I and my wife did TCF Quebec, it is a lot easier and can be done with Alliance Francaise at Yaba, there should be an exam coming up soon because we did ours late year 2010. Please don't rush your wife, let her take time to study well and prepare for TCFQ if possible. I understand how difficult it is to learn and work at the same time, coupled with the fact that you won't have people around that speak the language for continuous practice. The lord is your strength.

We also used an agent and we were advise throughout to keep learning French, even the interview officer said the same thing and even now that we are landed we are still in the process of registering for French classes to ease the integration process.

Yeah, a few people didn't go through the interview process probably as a result of having scored well in French exams and their AOT also being on the priority list, at least I know of someone with such a case but I believe you will be scheduled for an interview, just keep preparing though it might take some time. The interview will be in Accra just like mine, despite submitting your application to Montreal.

Well, for me settling down has been relatively fine because I have being preparing years before this opportunity and I have saved up some money, with enough money on you and God on ones side, one should be able to get an apartment and settle in fast with basic necessities.

Cheers

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
stanchuks said:
Hello All,

how do i edit my profile so i can include some details?
what i mean is this below (4glory)

Category........: QSW
Visa Office......: Accra
NOC Code......: 2172
Pre-Assessed..: Yes
App. Filed.......: 29-04-2010/17-10-2011
Doc's Request.: 28-03-2012
Nomination.....: 15-06-2011
AOR Received.: 18-06-2010/29-02-2012
Med's Request: 22-05-2012
Med's Done....: 26-05-2012
Interview........: 15-06-2011
Passport Req..: 16-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...: 20-08-2012
Well, below is a quote of my post on the process to someone on a different thread some post back, however I believe you need to make up to ten or twenty posts on the forum before you can do so;
4glory said:
It is very easy to update your forum profile information, just look up the current page when you are logged into the site, to your right hand side where you have Home, Assessment, Help etc, click on profile, it will display another page for you, in the new window, to your left hand side you will see the box containing headers named Profile info, Modify Profile and Action , select forum profile infomation then a new page where you will see the respective boxes for you to update as applicable. When done just click on change profile or save at the far left hand side of the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

beulah.joshua

Oct 15, 2012
4glory said:
Yeah, it nice to see a fellow country man in the same category, God willing all will go well.

Why TEFaQ, I and my wife did TCF Quebec, it is a lot easier and can be done with Alliance Francaise at Yaba, there should be an exam coming up soon because we did ours late year 2010. Please don't rush your wife, let her take time to study well and prepare for TCFQ if possible. I understand how difficult it is to learn and work at the same time, coupled with the fact that you won't have people around that speak the language for continuous practice. The lord is your strength.

We also used an agent and we were advise throughout to keep learning French, even the interview officer said the same thing and even now that we are landed we are still in the process of registering for French classes to ease the integration process.

Yeah, a few people didn't go through the interview process probably as a result of having scored well in French exams and their AOT also being on the priority list, at least I know of someone with such a case but I believe you will be scheduled for an interview, just keep preparing though it might take some time. The interview will be in Accra just like mine, despite submitting your application to Montreal.

Well, for me settling down has been relatively fine because I have being preparing years before this opportunity and I have saved up some money, with enough money on you and God on ones side, one should be able to get an apartment and settle in fast with basic necessities.

Cheers
Hi 4glory,

I am glad also to have come across your post just now. Please I have a question for you. My sister recently attended the Quebec Selecton interview at Accra but she was told she will hear back in few weeks. I'm just wondering if you had similar experience or you were given your certificate the same day you had your interview.

Thanks and God bless

canadaQC

Oct 15, 2012
Hello everybody,

I have been following the forum for months, and it's really great how everybody is helping each other!!

I am a 2010 Quebec applicant and I am in the final step waiting for PPR (applying with lawyer in canada). I applied from US and now Im back to my country.

My question is, if I get a job offer from Toronto, what will happen?? they said they are willing to help with visa and work permit process!! Do you think that they can help me give a push to finalize my case?? or would it be a problem??

Please give your advice!! Thanks

manoun

Oct 15, 2012
Hi all,

I am new to this forum.

This is our timeline:
Received Certificat de selection de quebec sometime in March 2011
Applied to CIC in January 2012
AOR + Medical Request on 27th of February 2012
Medicals done on 27th of March 2012

Our Ecas says application received. When we click on it, I have the following:

We received your application for permanent residence on January 13, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

We have sent separately our FBI police certificates as well as police certificates from our home country all together in August 2012.

Since then, we are patiently waiting for our passport request.

I believe it is talking longer than it should as our case still says application received!

Any thoughts will be very helpful

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
beulah.joshua said:
Hi 4glory,

I am glad also to have come across your post just now. Please I have a question for you. My sister recently attended the Quebec Selecton interview at Accra but she was told she will hear back in few weeks. I'm just wondering if you had similar experience or you were given your certificate the same day you had your interview.

Thanks and God bless
Well, I saw your post on the other thread and had wanted to respond but for time. Like you said normally the CSQ is issued there and then after the interview and at the same time if it is to be refused/denied it is made known to the applicant after the interview too with a notification of the reason for refusal with a time frame for an appeal for the case review if not satisfied with the outcome.

My take is that it is possible that the officer feels a need to make further investigation or get a clarification on a grey area before taking a decision. My advise to your sister is that she should be very optimistic with fervent prayers to God for His divine favor for a positive outcome. I understand her plight and anxiety for the outcome which is very usual with the application process. God willing everything will go well.

Cheers

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
canadaQC said:
Hello everybody,

I have been following the forum for months, and it's really great how everybody is helping each other!!

I am a 2010 Quebec applicant and I am in the final step waiting for PPR (applying with lawyer in canada). I applied from US and now Im back to my country.

My question is, if I get a job offer from Toronto, what will happen?? they said they are willing to help with visa and work permit process!! Do you think that they can help me give a push to finalize my case?? or would it be a problem??

Please give your advice!! Thanks
Well, my take is that the job offer can't give any push to finalize your current case, the offer can only start a fresh visa application process and seek a work permit. Come to think of it with the completion of your QSW application you won't require a work permit though you will be expected to land and remain in Quebec, so if you have a job offer it will pay you better if the company is recruiting you for Quebec location otherwise it may become a dilemma and you may be viewed as wanting to use Quebec as a back door into Canada.

Cheers

sigelopisan

May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Push back to Jan 2013 (hopefully)
Seniors, I'm going to sit on my DELF A1 exam on 6th Novembre and I know that the certificate will only available on the next 2-3 month.
But according to the AF officer, a "copy of result" is available on 2-3 weeks after test date.

my question is, can I apply with the "copy result"? or should I wait the original result certificate?

merci beaucoup.