+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC 2020 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Marcos_Bastos

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hi @CCarter, how are you?
Quick question:
Where did you submit the Biometrics for your application?

Mine was not submitted yet, because VFS's were closed in Brazil. They resumed Biometrics collection but all slots finished in less than a minute and there are no more available days/time for collecting Biometrics.

I was wondering if it would be worth it for my wife, to come to Canada and having her Biometrics taken here.

Regards,
Marcos

CCarter

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
File Transfer...
14-10-2020
Hi @CCarter, how are you?
Quick question:
Where did you submit the Biometrics for your application?

Mine was not submitted yet, because VFS's were closed in Brazil. They resumed Biometrics collection but all slots finished in less than a minute and there are no more available days/time for collecting Biometrics.

I was wondering if it would be worth it for my wife, to come to Canada and having her Biometrics taken here.

Regards,
Marcos

Hey Marcos,

My husband did his biometrics at the visa office in his country Trinidad and Tobago, they reopened back in August and have stayed open. The country is closed to all non-citizens and citizens need approval for entry.

If your wife has a visa to come here then by all means she should as you could see her and get the biometrics done at the same time. I'm not really sure where she can do that here though. I seem to remember people in Canada having to leave to do their biometrics but maybe things have changed.

Take care,
Charmaine

Marcos_Bastos

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hey Marcos,

My husband did his biometrics at the visa office in his country Trinidad and Tobago, they reopened back in August and have stayed open. The country is closed to all non-citizens and citizens need approval for entry.

If your wife has a visa to come here then by all means she should as you could see her and get the biometrics done at the same time. I'm not really sure where she can do that here though. I seem to remember people in Canada having to leave to do their biometrics but maybe things have changed.

Take care,
Charmaine
Hi @CCarter. Thank you.
We finally managed to schedule her Biometrics collection for February 24 in Brazil.

She hasn't received the medical request yet. I was just wondering if this will happen only after Biometrics are received in Visa office in Mexico.

Regards,
Marcos

CCarter

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
File Transfer...
14-10-2020
Hi @CCarter. Thank you.
We finally managed to schedule her Biometrics collection for February 24 in Brazil.

She hasn't received the medical request yet. I was just wondering if this will happen only after Biometrics are received in Visa office in Mexico.

Regards,
Marcos
Thats great news.

I think the medical request generally comes after biometrics. I still didnt get one and they still havent updated my file to say they got the biometrics so im not holding my breath but I saw the others in the google doc who got biometrics got them acknowledged right away so I think you'll be good to go. . Once the medicals are done they are only good for a year so I guess its better to have a little delay in doing them. It doesnt mean they arent looking at your file.

cheers

Reactions: Marcos_Bastos

Marcos_Bastos

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hi everyone. Hope all of you are safe and healthy.

I have a question and I would love if somebody could help me.

I am sponsoring my brazilian wife (Outland Quebec).
We have received her and her son's CSQs. The application is in visa office in Mexico now. I sent them an e-mail with some questions (nicely answered) and they replied that for now, the Immigration section of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City is currently working with essential staff only and providing essential urgent services through teleworking. This limits our ability to process paper-based applications such as permanent residence applications.

Well, it does not seem things will be moving anytime soon.

Back when I applied, in Feb 2020, I wondered if it would have been a good idea to apply for her Work Visa and for her kids Study Visa.
Given that applications were usually processed around 12 months, and that our plan, since last year, was for them to arrive in Mid April 2021, we decided not to apply for it. Nobody knew about COVID back then.

So, question is - FINALLY ;-)
Do you think it is worth to apply for her work visa and for her kid's study visa now?
Is it possible to be done now, after Quebec approved and issued their CSQs?

Thank you so much.

Marcos_Bastos

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hi all,

Just a quick update on my file.
My wife had her biometrics collected on Feb, 24th and they updated the file immediately, saying that Biometrics was done.

That was the only movement on our file.

TIME LINE

AS - 23 Feb 2020
AR - 27 Feb 2020
AOR1 - 04 Sep 2020
SA - 14 Oct 2020
Biometrics requested - 22 Sep 2020
Biometrics Given - 24 Feb 2021
Medical Request - N/A
Medical Given - 03 Feb 2021
Transferred to VO (Mexico City) - 14 October 2020
CSQ Application sent - 16 Oct 2020
CSQ Application received - 19 Oct 2020
CSQ AOR - 30 Oct 2020
CSQ Approved - 03 Dec 2020
AOR2 - 24 Feb 2021

Cheers,
Marcos

CCarter

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
File Transfer...
14-10-2020
Hi all,

Just a quick update on my file.
My wife had her biometrics collected on Feb, 24th and they updated the file immediately, saying that Biometrics was done.

That was the only movement on our file.

TIME LINE

AS - 23 Feb 2020
AR - 27 Feb 2020
AOR1 - 04 Sep 2020
SA - 14 Oct 2020
Biometrics requested - 22 Sep 2020
Biometrics Given - 24 Feb 2021
Medical Request - N/A
Medical Given - 03 Feb 2021
Transferred to VO (Mexico City) - 14 October 2020
CSQ Application sent - 16 Oct 2020
CSQ Application received - 19 Oct 2020
CSQ AOR - 30 Oct 2020
CSQ Approved - 03 Dec 2020
AOR2 - 24 Feb 2021

Cheers,
Marcos

well any movement is good! At least she was able to get the biometrics done as theres always a risk they will close again. How did she do the medical without it being requested?

I submitted a request for GCMS notes on February 23rd 2021 since it had been a year since they received the application. I also emailed mexico city on March 1st to ask if they needed anything since they still hadnt updated that the biometrics were received I also attached my CSQ again.
On March 2nd they updated my file to say Biometrics passed on Feb 22 2020, which I guess is a typo.
It also now says that they started working on the file Feb 24 2021, it originally said march 3 2020 which was the date of my first AOR. So I guess they finally cracked it open in Mexico City :)

We are inching along here. I'll let you know if I get more updates and when I get those notes. I've seen people saying it takes really long now.
ciao

Marcos_Bastos

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
well any movement is good! At least she was able to get the biometrics done as theres always a risk they will close again. How did she do the medical without it being requested?

I submitted a request for GCMS notes on February 23rd 2021 since it had been a year since they received the application. I also emailed mexico city on March 1st to ask if they needed anything since they still hadnt updated that the biometrics were received I also attached my CSQ again.
On March 2nd they updated my file to say Biometrics passed on Feb 22 2020, which I guess is a typo.
It also now says that they started working on the file Feb 24 2021, it originally said march 3 2020 which was the date of my first AOR. So I guess they finally cracked it open in Mexico City :)

We are inching along here. I'll let you know if I get more updates and when I get those notes. I've seen people saying it takes really long now.
ciao
Hi @CCarter.

I guess we were lucky. The VFS in Brazil reopened early January and closed again, less than a week after my wife gave her Biometrics.
As per the medical request, we can do it, even though there is no formal request (provided doctors are able to find you application number, which was our case). I did the same when I applied for my PR back in 2015. We are aware that medicals are valid for a year only, but I don't think it will take that long.

Yes, you are right. I've heard the same (that Mexico Visa office usually is not that fast), but let's hope for the best.
I will also keep you posted on any progress we have here.

Cheers,
Marcos

Last edited:

CCarter

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
File Transfer...
14-10-2020
Me neither.
But it is strange, right?
Since a lot of people past this date have received COPR already.

Cheers,
Marcos

Hey Marcos,

Update on my end.

Last night we got the medical request, passport request and a request for more information about his child's mother (were they or are they now common-law or still married). We got all the emails in a row so maybe my gcms request helped bring us to their attention? If its been a year on your app you should make the request. It cant hurt :)

not sure how long it will take to approve the medical as they said they have a backlog but we are not complaining!

take care,

Marcos_Bastos

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hey Marcos,

Update on my end.

Last night we got the medical request, passport request and a request for more information about his child's mother (were they or are they now common-law or still married). We got all the emails in a row so maybe my gcms request helped bring us to their attention? If its been a year on your app you should make the request. It cant hurt :)

not sure how long it will take to approve the medical as they said they have a backlog but we are not complaining!

take care,
Wow @CCarter. That is amazing news. Congrats. What a COMBO!!!
They asked me for additional docs yesterday. Believe it or not, even though my application is in Mexico, this request came from visa office in Vietnam (I was confused there).
I sent them the docs yesterday and today, on ecas, I see this:

We sent WIFE'S NAME correspondence on March 16, 2021. If WIFE'S NAME has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have WIFE'S NAME do so as soon as possible. Please wait until WIFE'S NAME receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
I am still not sure of what this correspondence may be, since I was not able to locate any further details under my application.

Does that above mean anything to you?

About the GCMS request, how does that work?

Kind regards,
Marcos

CCarter

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
File Transfer...
14-10-2020
Wow @CCarter. That is amazing news. Congrats. What a COMBO!!!
They asked me for additional docs yesterday. Believe it or not, even though my application is in Mexico, this request came from visa office in Vietnam (I was confused there).
I sent them the docs yesterday and today, on ecas, I see this:

We sent WIFE'S NAME correspondence on March 16, 2021. If WIFE'S NAME has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have WIFE'S NAME do so as soon as possible. Please wait until WIFE'S NAME receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
I am still not sure of what this correspondence may be, since I was not able to locate any further details under my application.

Does that above mean anything to you?

About the GCMS request, how does that work?

Kind regards,
Marcos
Yeah I cant believe we got all that at once I almost had a heart attack!

Vietnam??? so strange. I have heard of them moving things to other visa offices if they are too busy but I thought they had to tell you.
The request for more information was to my husband so my notification looked like that. Was the request for more information addressed to your wife? If so then they are just telling you about it. I have all of my husbands correspondance come to me but I guess they assume other people are receiving their mail seperately and they want to let you know that she has a step to do.

The GCMS is under the access to information act. This is the link https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do
Basically you are requesting the information in your immigration file (officer notes mainly) be made public to you. There is a link in there also to a form for your wife to say its ok for you to see her information since she is in the application as well. You'll have to pay 5$ for the request.

I dont have the notes yet, and may not need them in the end but if I do get them I can share in case it helps someone else. I have seen a few posts on here that explain in detail what the different codes etc mean.

cheers