+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC 2020 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Marcos_Bastos

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Yeah I cant believe we got all that at once I almost had a heart attack!

Vietnam??? so strange. I have heard of them moving things to other visa offices if they are too busy but I thought they had to tell you.
The request for more information was to my husband so my notification looked like that. Was the request for more information addressed to your wife? If so then they are just telling you about it. I have all of my husbands correspondance come to me but I guess they assume other people are receiving their mail seperately and they want to let you know that she has a step to do.

The GCMS is under the access to information act. This is the link https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do
Basically you are requesting the information in your immigration file (officer notes mainly) be made public to you. There is a link in there also to a form for your wife to say its ok for you to see her information since she is in the application as well. You'll have to pay 5$ for the request.

I dont have the notes yet, and may not need them in the end but if I do get them I can share in case it helps someone else. I have seen a few posts on here that explain in detail what the different codes etc mean.

cheers
Hi @CCarter. I guess I will give it a try and ask for the notes as well.

In relation to the message we got, here is what happened:
On the 14th of March, we received the following communication:
Dear WIFE'S NAME: This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:
1- Proof of Relationship: Document proving your relationship with your inviter/family member.
2- Please provide detailed information and a timeline regarding your sponsor’s relationship with his ex-wife, including when that relationship dissolved, with documentary evidence.
3- Also provide a narrative indicating when (e.g. what date) you considered yourself to be in a committed relationship with your sponsor

I really don't know why they are askingfor 1 and 2 again. I had provided all possible marriage/divorce certificates.
Anyways. I sent them the 3 things they asked on the 15th of March.
Then, on the 16th, I seean update saying that the documents were uploaded.
Later on the 16th, I see the message from my previous post on eCas.

Let's see what comes next.
So, in your case, all that is left for your husband is for him to send the passport to get the PR visa. Correct?

Cheers,
Marcos

CCarter

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
File Transfer...
14-10-2020
Hi @CCarter. I guess I will give it a try and ask for the notes as well.

In relation to the message we got, here is what happened:
On the 14th of March, we received the following communication:
Dear WIFE'S NAME: This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:
1- Proof of Relationship: Document proving your relationship with your inviter/family member.
2- Please provide detailed information and a timeline regarding your sponsor’s relationship with his ex-wife, including when that relationship dissolved, with documentary evidence.
3- Also provide a narrative indicating when (e.g. what date) you considered yourself to be in a committed relationship with your sponsor

I really don't know why they are askingfor 1 and 2 again. I had provided all possible marriage/divorce certificates.
Anyways. I sent them the 3 things they asked on the 15th of March.
Then, on the 16th, I seean update saying that the documents were uploaded.
Later on the 16th, I see the message from my previous post on eCas.

Let's see what comes next.
So, in your case, all that is left for your husband is for him to send the passport to get the PR visa. Correct?

Cheers,
Marcos
Thats so odd they are asking again but I think they are kind of reading quickly these days. They also asked us for proof he has custody of a child that we explicitly wrote he doesnt have custody of...

We have to send in the proof the relationship with his childs mother is dissolved and the custody docs. He did the medical and they are supposed to finalize and send electronically next week. Then we need to submit passport for PR. I want to wait until that stuff is submitted to send the passport.

Did you upload the docs or email them in? I know for our letter it says to email them to an email address that was different than the one I had used to contact them before. So maybe double check the instructions. Otherwise I would email them the two screenshots, one of the documents received and the other saying your spouse needs to do something and ask them if its all good.

cheers

Reactions: Marcos_Bastos

Marcos_Bastos

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Thats so odd they are asking again but I think they are kind of reading quickly these days. They also asked us for proof he has custody of a child that we explicitly wrote he doesnt have custody of...

We have to send in the proof the relationship with his childs mother is dissolved and the custody docs. He did the medical and they are supposed to finalize and send electronically next week. Then we need to submit passport for PR. I want to wait until that stuff is submitted to send the passport.

Did you upload the docs or email them in? I know for our letter it says to email them to an email address that was different than the one I had used to contact them before. So maybe double check the instructions. Otherwise I would email them the two screenshots, one of the documents received and the other saying your spouse needs to do something and ask them if its all good.

cheers
Hello again,

After you told me what documents they requested you, I feel a little better.
I e-mailed the documents to the e-mail address they instructed.
As for the medicals, my wife did them before they asked. We were lucky, because now in Brazil things are closed.

I am gonna send them an e-mail again, as you suggested.

Thanks again and keep me posted, please.

Cheers,
Marcos

wfsoomro

Jun 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
15-09-2020
Hello everyone.
I recently received a request for CSQ by the IRCC. I plan on sending the application in a few days time.

I will be paying through bank draft.

Any rough idea of what the processing times for CSQs are nowadays ?

Thanks! :)

Marcos_Bastos

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020

CCarter

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
File Transfer...
14-10-2020
Hi @CCarter

Just requested my GCMS notes.
Let's see if it'll work the magic. :)

Cheers,
Marcos

update:

We weren't able to get the affidavit from the ex (eyeroll) but we were able to pull together other documents and submitted them earlier this week. The medical was approved and it looks like they accepted the other docs because today the status changed to decision made! We sent the passport in yesterday since we already had the passport request.

:)

CCarter

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
File Transfer...
14-10-2020
Hi @CCarter

Just requested my GCMS notes.
Let's see if it'll work the magic. :)

Cheers,
Marcos

another update just got the notes!

so turns out they put my husband's country of residence wrong back in September, they changed it from Trinidad to Tongo. Also they wrote to ask for medicals in the same letter as the biometrics but I guess the person didnt do it. It was only when I make the request for notes that it seems they corrected the country and started other work on it.

It seems there is an officer in Mexico making decisions and an employee in Beijing reviewing the docs and entering the information and sending request letters when instructed. that explains why all my letters have come late at night!

hoping yours does some magic as well. :)

devmtl

Aug 25, 2017

so turns out they put my husband's country of residence wrong back in September, they changed it from Trinidad to Tongo. Also they wrote to ask for medicals in the same letter as the biometrics but I guess the person didnt do it. It was only when I make the request for notes that it seems they corrected the country and started other work on it.

It seems there is an officer in Mexico making decisions and an employee in Beijing reviewing the docs and entering the information and sending request letters when instructed. that explains why all my letters have come late at night!

Do you need to fill out any form to request notes ?

devmtl

Aug 25, 2017

Following your lead. I've also requested GCMS notes today. Lets see what happen next :)

Marcos_Bastos

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020

Hi @CCarter
That is what iI noticed. Many officers from different countries, answering.
The first questions I sent by Web Form were answered by an officer in Mexico.
Then, I received a request for additional documents (which I had previously sent with the original application) from an officer in Vietnam. I got letters late at night from this one as well.
FInally, on my last questions sent by Web Form, I received an automated answer from Sao Paulo's office (in Brazil, where my wife lives)

Well, at least it is in Brazil. :)
I also see in the Excel Sheet from FEB, 2020 that there are also 2 other brazilian applicants (application also in Mexico Visa Office) that have had their passports requested. I guess it is getting closer.

Cheers and again, congrats.
Please keep me posted on the progress of your application.

Last edited:
Reactions: CCarter

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, anyone sent a scanned signature for the CSQ application ? It's gonna take a lot money and time to send the application back and forth by mail to my wife to sign it. I know a lot of people said they only accept original signature but IRCC said on their twitter that they do accept scanned/faxed ones, so why not MICC ?

Thoughts ?

Last edited:

Marcos_Bastos

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Guys, anyone sent a scanned signature for the CSQ application ? It's gonna take a lot money and time to send the application back and forth by mail to my wife to sign it. I know a lot of people said they only accept scanned signature but IRCC said on their twitter that they do accept it, so why not MICC ?

Thoughts ?
Hello @yr97

I am afraid I don't know the answer.
When I submmited my CSQ application the form had been signed by my wife.

Cheers,
Marcos