Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Salut !

My spouse just received Confirmation of Permanent Residency!

Our partial timeline:
Application received Oct 21, 2019
Sponsor Approval and Request for CSQ Dec 10
Biometrics Dec 11 2019
Medical passed Jan 17, 2020
CSQ Received July 7, 2020
CoPR Sept 2, 2020

Context: Je suis Canadien de naissance, located in Québec. My spouse's country of origin is Scotland (Citoyenneté britannique).

Bonne chance à toutes et tous, j'espère que tout le monde entend de bonnes nouvelles sous peu ! :)
Your application is processed in CPC-M and you're outland?

Stephie@31

Aug 26, 2019
Hi guys! Could anyone on here please share the link to request some insight about the steps IRCC has taken to finalize my application ? Thanks

Maes

Nov 7, 2019
Salut !

My spouse just received Confirmation of Permanent Residency!

Our partial timeline:
Application received Oct 21, 2019
Sponsor Approval and Request for CSQ Dec 10
Biometrics Dec 11 2019
Medical passed Jan 17, 2020
CSQ Received July 7, 2020
CoPR Sept 2, 2020

Context: Je suis Canadien de naissance, located in Québec. My spouse's country of origin is Scotland (Citoyenneté britannique).

Bonne chance à toutes et tous, j'espère que tout le monde entend de bonnes nouvelles sous peu ! :)
Congratulations

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
That's right.
Do you mind me asking why? Doesn't CPC-S processed all the application? I thought you had to send your application in Sydney and they transfer it to the VO when they have assessed the sponsor. What was your situation?

PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
Hi, I received the letter authorizing me to apply for the CSQ, can someone tell me how long approximately until they ask for my medical exams? I am an Inland applicant. I know the COVID has changed the timeframes. I just want to have an idea so we can organize our finances to pay them.

R H

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Hello everyone
I need to ask something
I am a PR and going to sponser my spouse by the end of this month. But my PR card is expiring in december 2020. I have applied for renewal of my PR card but did not get any AOR yet. My questions are
1. Can i sponser my spouse with my current PR card?
2. I was outside canada for more than 1.5 year and i came back in oct 2019 and i filed tax returns of 3 months (oct, nov, dec) of last year 2019. I got NOA for revenue department reflecting the tax returns of only 3 months of last year before i sponser my spouse. Is this ok to sponser with this NOA?

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hello everyone
I need to ask something
I am a PR and going to sponser my spouse by the end of this month. But my PR card is expiring in december 2020. I have applied for renewal of my PR card but did not get any AOR yet. My questions are
1. Can i sponser my spouse with my current PR card?
2. I was outside canada for more than 1.5 year and i came back in oct 2019 and i filed tax returns of 3 months (oct, nov, dec) of last year 2019. I got NOA for revenue department reflecting the tax returns of only 3 months of last year before i sponser my spouse. Is this ok to sponser with this NOA?
Firstly I dont think filing tax returns has anything to do with sponsorship...you can sponsor your spouse right after you land in Canada. Also the PR card Is just a document to substantiate your permanent residency and it doesnt matter if its expiring..what matters is whether you will maintain the permanent residency status after december 2020..please check if you have stayed inside Canada for more than 2 years over the last 5 years...if yes then I think you are good to sponsor, if not I'm not sure if you are eligible..

R H

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Firstly I dont think filing tax returns has anything to do with sponsorship...you can sponsor your spouse right after you land in Canada. Also the PR card Is just a document to substantiate your permanent residency and it doesnt matter if its expiring..what matters is whether you will maintain the permanent residency status after december 2020..please check if you have stayed inside Canada for more than 2 years over the last 5 years...if yes then I think you are good to sponsor, if not I'm not sure if you are eligible..
Thank you so much for your valueable answers. Yes i have stayed now more than 2 years in canada. I read somewhere that at the time of sponsership we have to show NOA of previous year if i am not wrong?