+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

slough

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
We both have pretty much the same timeline.

I'm trying to figure out if VO really stops all processing until they receive the approved CSQ or do they still continue some process after sending out the CSQ request letter.

So you say there hasn't been any file movement after january. I'm guessing they were waiting for CSQ entire time then
I think they probably do normally do some work, and probably the criminality, security, etc. portion did get ordered, but it seems like IRCC in Canada hasn't really touched paper applications since March, so there's just no evidence of any updates to my file other than registering the CSQ (and receipt of a couple of emails I sent regarding the CSQ). Maybe, if we're lucky, most of that is just sitting waiting to be reviewed when someone finally does decide they can go back to work, and we can just quickly move through the process once we pass medical, but I'm not feeling very optimistic.

It's unbelievably frustrating that they haven't apparently given any thought to how to process these applications for the last 6 months. Not to mention that they are only possibly just starting to return to the office at the end of August when everyone else not working for the Federal government has been back at work for months.

complaingeleno

Jul 25, 2020
I think they probably do normally do some work, and probably the criminality, security, etc. portion did get ordered, but it seems like IRCC in Canada hasn't really touched paper applications since March, so there's just no evidence of any updates to my file other than registering the CSQ (and receipt of a couple of emails I sent regarding the CSQ). Maybe, if we're lucky, most of that is just sitting waiting to be reviewed when someone finally does decide they can go back to work, and we can just quickly move through the process once we pass medical, but I'm not feeling very optimistic.

It's unbelievably frustrating that they haven't apparently given any thought to how to process these applications for the last 6 months. Not to mention that they are only possibly just starting to return to the office at the end of August when everyone else not working for the Federal government has been back at work for months.
How do we know they’re only just getting back to work?

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020

Yes I think they are all just waiting for covid to vanish. I'm not sure when they will realize that Covid will never go away but life must go on. Lets hope they come to their senses and quickly figure out a way to process our application.

Will send an update as soon as I receive my GCMS notes.

Reactions: tham_son

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
@slough @Jkca10Received my GCMS notes today - (Applied on Aug 10th).

Basically, notes show nothing has happened on my file ever since CSQ request was sent out in February 2020. This shows that IRCC doesnt do anything until they receive the approved CSQ (Atleast as per my file).

Looks like no hope for another few months atleast :(

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Not Started
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final:

There is a note that confirms CSQ Received in July 2020.

Reactions: jk2ca10

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
@slough @Jkca10Received my GCMS notes today - (Applied on Aug 10th).

Basically, notes show nothing has happened on my file ever since CSQ request was sent out in February 2020. This shows that IRCC doesnt do anything until they receive the approved CSQ (Atleast as per my file).

Looks like no hope for another few months atleast :(

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Not Started
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Medical: Not Started
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final:

There is a note that confirms CSQ Received in July 2020.
My GCMS notes show the same picture. No new activity whatsoever since January. Hopefully, they'll look into it now that CSQ has been issued.

Reactions: SKRPrince09

Azimuss

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Got my CSQ in mail today.
App received Jan 25
Request for additional docs in July
CSQ approved on August 19 (got by calling them August 21)
CSQ by mail August 25.

Sent scanned version to VO in Warsaw (Poland).

jk2ca10

Oct 5, 2019
I ordered notes on August 7 after receiving our CSQ on August 3. The notes came back pretty quickly for us, on August 14. Unfortunately there wasn't a lot of useful information. Medical was just "not started" and there was no evidence of anything that is delaying the process other than just them not having touched our file at all since January. The CSQ did show as registered in the system, at least.
I ordered my first GCMS notes on July 15 2020. I got it on August 3 2020. IRCC generated my notes from July 21- July 25 2020.
Eligibility: Recommend Passed
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: In Process
CSQ received on June 23 2020.
So I ordered another GCMS notes on August 8 2020 to see any update.

Last edited:
Reactions: mlei9569

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
I ordered my first GCMS notes on July 15 2020. I got it on August 3 2020. IRCC generated my notes from July 21- July 25 2020.
Eligibility: Recommend Passed
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: In Process
CSQ received on June 23 2020.
So I ordered another GCMS notes on August 8 2020 to see any update.
Could you share when did they start the eligibility assessment? And when was your eligibility assessment marked as recommended pass?