QUEBEC 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Sara015

Star Member
May 25, 2020
I've got some news for you, my friends.

First, my timeline:
Application delivered to MIFI: January 6, 2020
AOR received: February 17, 2020

I called MIFI this morning and spoke to a very friendly and helpful agent (rare!). She gave me lots of information.

1. The date hasn't changed on the website because they are still processing some applications from before November 20. She says the date on the website will only change once all applications received before that date are processed.
2. However, she confirmed that they are indeed working on applications received after that date.
3. Our application has been assigned to an agent and is currently processing.
4. We are at the first step of the process. Requests were sent to third parties (Ministère du Revenu, État Civil...) and they are awaiting responses.
5. She encourages me to call back in two weeks to see if the first step has been completed

Moral of this story: If you call MIFI and an unhelpful agent answers, simply hang up and call again. The agents do have access to the information... you just need to find a kind agent who is willing to help you.
Hi! Do you know the name of this agent ?

Malikhk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
Hi Everyone, would it be possible to update your signatures with your timeline since submission of your sponsor request. It will avoid everyone to keep asking what is your timeline

Reactions: Arnaud87

Ukraine/

May 22, 2020
The Department is currently receiving an exceptional volume of family sponsorship cases. As a result, it has become impossible to meet the 25-day deadline set out in the Customer Service Statement.

However, be assured that these delays will not affect the timelines for issuing permanent resident visas to sponsored persons. MIFI and IRCC work together to ensure that your file is processed and visas are issued in a timely manner. Arrangements have also been made so that you do not have to worry about the date of issuance of the Québec Selection Certificate. The MIFI is in charge of making the link with the IRCC.

The Department is currently processing applications received up to:

• November 20, 2019 for a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child;
  • November 14, 2019 for other family members.
They have already changed the information from the website
from
Starting June 1, information regarding timeframes will be updated on a weekly basis.
to
Wait time information is updated regularly.

What does it mean))))

Canada&CO

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
The Department is currently receiving an exceptional volume of family sponsorship cases. As a result, it has become impossible to meet the 25-day deadline set out in the Customer Service Statement.

However, be assured that these delays will not affect the timelines for issuing permanent resident visas to sponsored persons. MIFI and IRCC work together to ensure that your file is processed and visas are issued in a timely manner. Arrangements have also been made so that you do not have to worry about the date of issuance of the Québec Selection Certificate. The MIFI is in charge of making the link with the IRCC.

from
Starting June 1, information regarding timeframes will be updated on a weekly basis.
to

What does it mean))))
Hi guys

I just called MIDI and I had the nice lady once again :). She told me that they changed the information because a lot of them are working remotely. She told me that they will update the dates on the website next week...let wait and see

Malikhk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019

from
to

What does it mean))))
I said before : It is their sense of humor ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Canada&CO and Nkpj

Nawar Helala

Jan 12, 2019
Yesterday I called MIFI and I got the rudest agent yet she was talking to me as if I have been calling her personally every 10 mins for the past year and she is tired of it. she answered N(O) to every question I asked even when it was not a yes or no question. She gave me absolutely no information other than IN Process which means absolutely nothing since they said that since February. She refused to tell me if an agent was in fact working on my application all she said was that there is no way for her to know any more details and that after they open the file and send the AOR the file is then transferred to the appropriate department and they ( client services ) have no access to any information after that point. When I asked about their assurance that the delay will not affect the overall PR application she answered that THEM ( Quebec ) are independent from the Federal and that they process applications in their own timeline depending on they AOR Date and that nothing can change that.She said that they will start updating their website soon but they are nowhere near FEB AOR since they are still working on applications with Nov AOR.
I then called the office of the Quebec government deputy for my area and asked for their help and they said and I quote " you are Not the only one like this there is nothing that we can do to help all we can do is the same that you just did which is to call them and check the status of your application " I then asked is there someone who can help ? and he answered that no can can do anything you just have to wait. He also told me that they have never seen an application delayed more than six months after they receive their AOR from MIFI.
I also told him that I have called 3 times in the course of 7 months to check on my application and that I wanted to let him know that all 3 times I was treated without respect and with rudeness by the agents. His answer was that this is not the first time he hears that and that nothing can be done unless I can tell him what is the agent's name or number.

I am really tired of this whole thing, I am tired of being treated like this and at the first chance I am going to leave Quebec behind.
My only regret is that I have spent all this time and energy learning the language and trying to prove to my self and to the Quebec Society that I can be one of them.
Good luck to all of you and if anybody asks you about the Quebec immigration please advise them to pick any other province of this beautiful country as it will save them a tremendous amount of pain.

Nkpj

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Yesterday I called MIFI and I got the rudest agent yet she was talking to me as if I have been calling her personally every 10 mins for the past year and she is tired of it. she answered N(O) to every question I asked even when it was not a yes or no question. She gave me absolutely no information other than IN Process which means absolutely nothing since they said that since February. She refused to tell me if an agent was in fact working on my application all she said was that there is no way for her to know any more details and that after they open the file and send the AOR the file is then transferred to the appropriate department and they ( client services ) have no access to any information after that point. When I asked about their assurance that the delay will not affect the overall PR application she answered that THEM ( Quebec ) are independent from the Federal and that they process applications in their own timeline depending on they AOR Date and that nothing can change that.She said that they will start updating their website soon but they are nowhere near FEB AOR since they are still working on applications with Nov AOR.
I then called the office of the Quebec government deputy for my area and asked for their help and they said and I quote " you are Not the only one like this there is nothing that we can do to help all we can do is the same that you just did which is to call them and check the status of your application " I then asked is there someone who can help ? and he answered that no can can do anything you just have to wait. He also told me that they have never seen an application delayed more than six months after they receive their AOR from MIFI.
I also told him that I have called 3 times in the course of 7 months to check on my application and that I wanted to let him know that all 3 times I was treated without respect and with rudeness by the agents. His answer was that this is not the first time he hears that and that nothing can be done unless I can tell him what is the agent's name or number.

I am really tired of this whole thing, I am tired of being treated like this and at the first chance I am going to leave Quebec behind.
My only regret is that I have spent all this time and energy learning the language and trying to prove to my self and to the Quebec Society that I can be one of them.
Good luck to all of you and if anybody asks you about the Quebec immigration please advise them to pick any other province of this beautiful country as it will save them a tremendous amount of pain.
I totally understand. One time an agent screamed at me on the phone I took her name to file a complaint and all I got was there’s no agent under that name.
Anyways I should have moved to Ontario and filed my husband’s sponsorship. Literally I was born and raised in Quebec and I’m saddened by this . So sorry guys

kylaviet

Dec 4, 2019
I totally understand. One time an agent screamed at me on the phone I took her name to file a complaint and all I got was there’s no agent under that name.
Anyways I should have moved to Ontario and filed my husband’s sponsorship. Literally I was born and raised in Quebec and I’m saddened by this . So sorry guys
I agree with you both. Had I known about these unacceptable delays, I would have moved to Ontario before submitting my application. Hawkesbury, Ontario, is only about 1 hour away from Montreal. Income tax is lower in Ontario, and gasoline is much cheaper. The health system is much better in Ontario as well. My advice to anybody wanting to immigrate to Canada: choose any province except Quebec.

kylaviet

Dec 4, 2019

I know I have mentioned this on this channel before, but you can file an official complaint with MIFI. The process to file a complaint is explained here:
http://www.mifi.gouv.qc.ca/fr/ministere/gestion-plaintes.html

Translated via Google Translate:
Steps to forward a complaint or comment
Please ensure that your complaint or comment relates to the services and programs of the Ministère.
Check with the Customer Contact Center, if applicable, before submitting the complaint.
If you remain dissatisfied with the information received and wish to file a complaint with the complaint management team, make sure:
at. to provide detailed information;
b. explain the steps taken;
vs. clarify your expectations (what you want us to do to resolve the issue) as long as they are within the mandate of the complaint management team.
You can contact the complaint management team in any of the following ways:
at. through the complaint form
b. by telephone :
Montreal region: 514 873-3533
Elsewhere in Quebec, toll free: 1 800 771-0464
vs. by telephone device (TTY) for deaf or hard of hearing people:
Montreal region: 514 864-8158
Elsewhere in Quebec, toll free: 1 866 227-5968
d. by fax: 514 873-6399
e. by mail :
Complaints management
Ministry of Immigration, Francization and Integration
1200, boul. Saint-Laurent, office 2.200
Montreal (Quebec) H2X 0C9
CANADA

Jordan Khan

Star Member
Jan 14, 2017
Hello
We are sponsored refugee waiting to be resettled in Quebec
Applied on january 2017 Got Acceptance on august 2017, G number Received on january 2018
Interview done and medical done on October 03 2018 .
Ankara Embassy sent our files to Quebec for Issuing CSQ on Feb 2020 ...
Since than no response.. should we ask anyone for help ?
Any response will be appreciated thanks in advance..