+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Kareem222

Sep 12, 2011
Hi everyone. Hope all of you are safe and healthy.

I have a question and I would love if somebody could help me.

I am sponsoring my brazilian wife (Outland Quebec).
We have received her and her son's CSQs. The application is in visa office in Mexico now. I sent them an e-mail with some questions (nicely answered) and they replied that for now, the Immigration section of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City is currently working with essential staff only and providing essential urgent services through teleworking. This limits our ability to process paper-based applications such as permanent residence applications.

Well, it does not seem things will be moving anytime soon.

Back when I applied, in Feb 2020, I wondered if it would have been a good idea to apply for her Work Visa and for her kids Study Visa.
Given that applications were usually processed around 12 months, and that our plan, since last year, was for them to arrive in Mid April 2021, we decided not to apply for it. Nobody knew about COVID back then.

So, question is - FINALLY ;-)
Do you think it is worth to apply for her work visa and for her kid's study visa now?
Is it possible to be done now, after Quebec approved and issued their CSQs?

Thank you so much.
Even your work or student visa will not work till the end of the travel restriction Ca. ):

Tay123

Sep 3, 2020
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has received their medical request in the past few months and if anyone has been approved since *Mississauga office*? My partner completed his medical about 1 month ago and everything else is complete so we are now just waiting on the final approval.
Curious if anyone has any ideas on how much longer this could be?

Also, is anyone's partner here as a visitor during the pandemic? Mine is here as a visitor, so he is only allowed to be here for 6 months. We might not get approval in time, in which case we will be applying for an extension so that he can stay. Has anyone else done this? Was it seamless or did you face issues? Note that he is British and only required an ETA to come here.

Thanks for any feedback!!

slough

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has received their medical request in the past few months and if anyone has been approved since *Mississauga office*? My partner completed his medical about 1 month ago and everything else is complete so we are now just waiting on the final approval.
Curious if anyone has any ideas on how much longer this could be?

Also, is anyone's partner here as a visitor during the pandemic? Mine is here as a visitor, so he is only allowed to be here for 6 months. We might not get approval in time, in which case we will be applying for an extension so that he can stay. Has anyone else done this? Was it seamless or did you face issues? Note that he is British and only required an ETA to come here.

Thanks for any feedback!!
Hi there - we're in the same boat waiting for approval even after finally getting the medical request at the end of last year. Your partner can apply for a visitor extension while in Canada before visitor status expires. apply for a visitor extension while in Canada. This will allow your partner to stay in the country even while it's being processed ("implied status"). My wife applied for one in June 2020 before her initial status expired in August, and finally got approved on December 27 2020 for an additional year, until December 2021.

Reactions: Marcos_Bastos

Tay123

Sep 3, 2020
Hi there - we're in the same boat waiting for approval even after finally getting the medical request at the end of last year. Your partner can apply for a visitor extension while in Canada before visitor status expires. apply for a visitor extension while in Canada. This will allow your partner to stay in the country even while it's being processed ("implied status"). My wife applied for one in June 2020 before her initial status expired in August, and finally got approved on December 27 2020 for an additional year, until December 2021.
Thank you so much for the information, we have virtually the same timeline! I will be sure to apply for the extension ahead of the expiration, as you mentioned.
Crossing my fingers that we both get approval soon!!!

Reactions: Kareem222

Kareem222

Sep 12, 2011
Finally, PPR, thanks to god. Below is the timeline for info;
App sent Oct 2019
AoR received Nov 2019
AoR2 31 Jan 2020
CSQ sent 12 Feb 2020
CSQ received Oct 2020
MR Dec 2020
PPR Feb 2020

Wish you the best of luck guys in this tough journey, and don't worry too much, you are next.

Is there any exception for a family member (family reunification) to avoid mandatory 3-nights quarantine at a hotel with an expense of $ 2,000 while entering Canada via flight?
Looking to hear from you guys,,,,

Last edited:
Reactions: Tay123

mahtax

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
Is there any exception for a family member (family reunification) to avoid mandatory 3-nights quarantine at a hotel with an expense of $ 2,000 while entering Canada via flight?
They will announce the details of the requirements thursday evening, but there's no hint of any exemption for any non-essential travelers - and essential only counts medical staff, truckers, and airline workers.

Tay123

Sep 3, 2020
App sent Oct 2019
AoR received Nov 2019
AoR2 31 Jan 2020
CSQ sent 12 Feb 2020
CSQ received Oct 2020
MR Dec 2020
PPR Feb 2020

Wish you the best of luck guys in this tough journey, and don't worry too much, you are next.

Congrats!!!! Which visa office are you?

Reactions: mimiai45

mimiai45

Oct 29, 2019
App sent Oct 2019
AoR received Nov 2019
AoR2 31 Jan 2020
CSQ sent 12 Feb 2020
CSQ received Oct 2020
MR Dec 2020
PPR Feb 2020

Congratulations to you!!! Hope we are the next!!!

Reactions: Kareem222

Kareem222

Sep 12, 2011
They will announce the details of the requirements thursday evening, but there's no hint of any exemption for any non-essential travelers - and essential only counts medical staff, truckers, and airline workers.
Hi Mahtax, did you hear anything about immediate family member arrival in Canada?