+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quarantine queries

neverb4

Oct 30, 2020
Greetings everyone,

I am very confused about where to get myself quarantined and how to manage food while quarantined. If I book a hotel room at AIR bnb do I get food services? Please help me on how to manage while quarantined as I do not know anyone where I will be headed in Canada.

Also, what are the utensils I need to carry along with me? I am planning to stay with 3-4 people sharing an apartment somewhere in Scarborough. I am going on the study permit basis and have never even travelled through a flight. Kindly help.

Thanks in advance.

sim08

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
You can book a hotel room, an airbnb or even rent a place on kiji but I think booking a hotel room or an airbnb is safer. For food- you can pack a few ready to eat items from your home country, you can also order groceries from walmart.ca or order cooked food from ubereats or skip the dishes. Regarding utensils, carry a few plastic plates, bowls and cutlery, if the hotel room/airbnb you plan on booking does not provide that already.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Greetings everyone,

I am very confused about where to get myself quarantined and how to manage food while quarantined. If I book a hotel room at AIR bnb do I get food services? Please help me on how to manage while quarantined as I do not know anyone where I will be headed in Canada.

Also, what are the utensils I need to carry along with me? I am planning to stay with 3-4 people sharing an apartment somewhere in Scarborough. I am going on the study permit basis and have never even travelled through a flight. Kindly help.

Thanks in advance.
Pack as much food as you can because depending on where you live it might be quite expensive to order groceries. My husband and I spend a bit more than 600 CAD ordering from instacart for the 2 self-isolation weeks. Also, be transparent and make sure to tell your location that you’re going to be self-isolating – and do ask whether if it is a hotel they can bring you food right to your door since you’re not legally allowed to go out

Reactions: neverb4

ohbruh

Jul 25, 2020
You can book a hotel room, an airbnb or even rent a place on kiji but I think booking a hotel room or an airbnb is safer. For food- you can pack a few ready to eat items from your home country, you can also order groceries from walmart.ca or order cooked food from ubereats or skip the dishes. Regarding utensils, carry a few plastic plates, bowls and cutlery, if the hotel room/airbnb you plan on booking does not provide that already.
No, its wrong. You cannot order food from outside.

Contact with your school they will guide you.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020

It depends on the school quarantine plan that they submitted to the government. My school didn’t have anything specific except that I can stay in the hotel free of charge for the duration of self-isolation if I do not have my own location. The only thing they do not cover is food and transport. So it is possible that their school is not arranging anything, however, in order to get the letter of support from institution they need to comply with whatever school requires

sim08

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019

You can order food from outside, as long as you instruct the delivery guy to leave it on your doorstep, its all good. Also, every uni/college has a different quarantine plan, which is an option you can go with, generally, that option is expensive.
In short, a decent quarantine plan is one which convinces the CBSA officer that if there is any contact with you and another person, it is extremely minimal.

Reactions: janesama