+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quarantine plan for fully vaccinated students

Jun 25, 2021
Do I still need to upload a quarantine plan on ArriveCAN if I am fully vaccinated ?

if so , can I make two hotel bookings , for example August 21 to August 23 and then August 23 to September 5 .. such that if I am exempt , I can cancel the second booking

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Do I still need to upload a quarantine plan on ArriveCAN if I am fully vaccinated ?

if so , can I make two hotel bookings , for example August 21 to August 23 and then August 23 to September 5 .. such that if I am exempt , I can cancel the second booking
You just need to indicate that you will have a suitable quarantine place at your final destination (provide info such as room and bathroom to yourself, won't be in contact with others and would not be quarantining with vulnerable people (65+) and health workers. No hotel booking required (unless you don't have a suitable place to quarantine at your final destination).

Reactions: 85000

Jun 25, 2021
I don’t have a place to quarantine unfortunately- so I’ll be making a hotel booking for 14 days , basically 2 days in one booking and then 12 days in another
I was just curious if that would be ok, because once I’m waived the quarantine requirement at the border, I’ll cancel the 12 day booking

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I don’t have a place to quarantine unfortunately- so I’ll be making a hotel booking for 14 days , basically 2 days in one booking and then 12 days in another
I was just curious if that would be ok, because once I’m waived the quarantine requirement at the border, I’ll cancel the 12 day booking
That should be fine.

kwaame

Star Member
Jul 11, 2021

Contact international relations office of your university to get the accurate information.

Reactions: binnareyn

prashar.chhavi

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
You just need to indicate that you will have a suitable quarantine place at your final destination (provide info such as room and bathroom to yourself, won't be in contact with others and would not be quarantining with vulnerable people (65+) and health workers. No hotel booking required (unless you don't have a suitable place to quarantine at your final destination).
Hi, I am fully vaccinated too. Can I show the apartment I have rented as place of quarantine for 14 days. I'll mention that I have private bedroom and washroom also I'll order food and groceries online and would have no contact with other people. Will it be alright?

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Are you allowed to book 2 different stays for your quarantine plan?
I thought it needs to be a place where you have to stay put for a continuous period of 14 consecutive days?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Are you allowed to book 2 different stays for your quarantine plan?
I thought it needs to be a place where you have to stay put for a continuous period of 14 consecutive days?
I'm in Toronto right now with my family, waiting for connecting flight to Regina. I was never asked about my quarantine plan at entry. They only looked at my arriveCAN receipt and no further questions after that. No questions asked before issuing our permits either - they only asked us (my family) to handover our documents (LOI and proof of funds), take a sit and wait for our permits.

Reactions: roro.xx

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
I'm in Toronto right now with my family, waiting for connecting flight to Regina. I was never asked about my quarantine plan at entry. They only looked at my arriveCAN receipt and no further questions after that. No questions asked before issuing our permits either - they only asked us (my family) to handover our documents (LOI and proof of funds), take a sit and wait for our permits.
But did you book 2 different stays for your 14 day quarantine?

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
How's the line in Toronto ? I heard people are waiting for hours to get out of the plane and even more waiting down the line.

babyshamini14

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
Hi my program ends by this month, but visa is till Dec, is it ok if i travel next month

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
How's the line in Toronto ? I heard people are waiting for hours to get out of the plane and even more waiting down the line.
Unlikely there will be a long line given that theres a pandemic going on, not a lot of people are traveling.

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
There's a flock of students and vaccinated Americans coming in this August. My friend had to wait for 2 hours in the plane and another 5 hours in line -- this was on August 7 when hotel quarantine was still in effect. Hopefully it will die down.