+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quarantine Exemption - Entry without visa

Ram21

Apr 4, 2021
You do not qualify for an eTA.

You need to apply for a TRV if you want to travel to Canada.
I applied for it, however I can't give biometrics now in India, and Dubai online appointment doesn't allow me to book biometrics there as well? Pls advise

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I applied for it, however I can't give biometrics now in India, and Dubai online appointment doesn't allow me to book biometrics there as well? Pls advise
You must complete biometrics. Your options are to wait until they start processing biometrics in India again for TRVs - OR to travel to Dubai or Nepal now to get biometrics done.

I don't know why you cannot book biometrics online in Dubai. You may want to read through other discussions here to determine how others have done this successfully.

Reactions: YVR123

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Your visa will not be processed until biometrics are completed or unless your PHAC approval letter states otherwise. Do you have PHAC approval?

You can go to Nepal or Dubai. Why can't you book an appointment in Dubai?

Toss

Apr 3, 2021
It can actually allow you to travel without having to do biometrics. It is really dependent on the situation.
Not sure what I am missing here. I got phac approval. Submitted a request to IRCC as outlined in the website for “COVID-19 PHAC” ..IRCC is still asking for biometrics...how do I get past this biometric wall.

Is the IRCC stance that they wouldn’t exempt anyone from biometrics even if it is emergency.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Not sure what I am missing here. I got phac approval. Submitted a request to IRCC as outlined in the website for “COVID-19 PHAC” ..IRCC is still asking for biometrics...how do I get past this biometric wall.

Is the IRCC stance that they wouldn’t exempt anyone from biometrics even if it is emergency.
Unfortunately, you are not exempt from biometrics unless the PHAC approval explicitly states a biometrics exemption.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Many seem to be applying for PHAC to be with a pregnant daughter which is not truly a PHAC situation. They seem to be granting the PHAC but requiring the biometrics as a happy medium.

fang21

Apr 17, 2019
This letter allows for exemption from quarantine. The OP still needs a visa as stated,

“This letter is not a travel document and does not, on its own, authorize you to travel to Canada without a valid passport, visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA) that you may require to travel to Canada. To board your flight and/or to enter Canada, you must continue to meet all the usual eligibility and admissibility requirements in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).”

The PHAC forms are on the website but you still need a TRV or eTA

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine.html
Hi,

Where, in the letter does it state that the person is exempt from the hotel quarantine? I got a similar letter but am not sure about the hotel quarantine part.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Where, in the letter does it state that the person is exempt from the hotel quarantine? I got a similar letter but am not sure about the hotel quarantine part.
It doesn't exempt you from quarantine. It is based on your reasons for PHAC.

fang21

Apr 17, 2019
I see. I would be going to meet my high risk pregnant daughter. She might have a baby by then, depending on her condition. We aren't sure yet. This hotel quarantine thing and the quarantine at a private residence for 14 days is pretty confusing.

Thanks for the reply.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I see. I would be going to meet my high risk pregnant daughter. She might have a baby by then, depending on her condition. We aren't sure yet. This hotel quarantine thing and the quarantine at a private residence for 14 days is pretty confusing.

Thanks for the reply.
You can't be anywhere near a pregnant woman or infant for 14 days because both are considered more vulnerable to covid and both could have contact with the healthcare system. After hotel quaratine you can only stay with them if they have something like a basement where you can remain for 10 days without contact.

fang21

Apr 17, 2019
You can't be anywhere near a pregnant woman or infant for 14 days because both are considered more vulnerable to covid and both could have contact with the healthcare system. After hotel quaratine you can only stay with them if they have something like a basement where you can remain for 10 days without contact.
Yeah, I do have a private residence lined up for my 14 day quarantine. So, if I am reading this correctly,, I would be doing a 3 day hotel stay and 11 days at my residence ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, I do have a private residence lined up for my 14 day quarantine. So, if I am reading this correctly,, I would be doing a 3 day hotel stay and 11 days at my residence ?
I think they need to have a separate residence (for example you live in the main floor, while they live in the basement) for the rest 11 days.

If you have the chance, you can look up your provincial order. My province said do not invite friends or extended family inside your residence.