+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quality Assurance Exercise and Request for Additional Evidence

YaSaKo

Mar 29, 2018
Quality Assurance Exercise and Request for Additional Evidence (QA / RAE)

Hello everyone,

I was randomly selected for a especial review exercise in connection with my citizenship application. I have been asked to provide:

Long List of Documents
Fingerprints
Consent Form
Reference Letter

I am wondering if anyone has gone trough this same process (QA / RAE) because I would like to know if you were successful in your application and how long did it take you to take the citizenship test after you submitted you additional information.

Thanks.

6242 cook

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013

Hello everyone,

I was randomly selected for a especial review exercise in connection with my citizenship application. I have been asked to provide:

Long List of Documents
Fingerprints
Consent Form
Reference Letter

I am wondering if anyone has gone trough this same process (QA / RAE) because I would like to know if you were successful in your application and how long did it take you to take the citizenship test after you submitted you additional information.

Thanks.
What documents they requested

YaSaKo

Mar 29, 2018
What documents they requested
Passports - Color photocopies of all pages of all passports used during the relevant period

Entry/Exit Record issued by the authorities of your country of citizenship and/or all countries of current or past (permanent or temporary) residency status other than Canada. Refer to the relevant embassy or consulate on how to obtain this record

Provincial/Territorial Personal Health Claims Summary for each province/territory you have resided in during the relevant period.

If you have been or are a renter:
  • Rental or Lease Agreements
  • Letter from Landlord confirming Rental Period

If you have been or are a home owner:
  • Property Titles or Mortgage Documents
  • Property Tax Assessment

If you have studied:
  • Official Transcripts

If you were an employee, recipient of employment insurance, social or disability assistance benefits during the relevant period:
  • T4 Slip
  • Confirmation of employment letter describing each position held, date of hiring and work schedule
  • Records of employment (Under your service Canada Account - View my record of employment - Select - View)
  • Statements of Employments Insurance benefit periods (Under your service Canada Account - My past Claim Details - View my past Claim Payments)
  • Statements of social assistance
  • Statements of disability assistance
If you own a business or are self-employed:
  • Letters from Suppliers or clients (3 letters of most significant parties demonstrating a continuance of business activity over the relevant period)
  • Incorporation or Registration Documents (if any)
  • Advertising contracts (if any)
  • Contracts, invoices (documents demonstrating a continuance of business activity over the relevant period)
  • Bank statements of your business

If you have been or are a member of a professional association or order:
  • Professional License / Membership Card / Permit to Practice

Forms to complete:
  • Information Regarding the reference person
  • Consent to I-94
  • Physical Quality Presence Questionnaire

Hey

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017

Hello everyone,

Long List of Documents
Fingerprints
Consent Form
Reference Letter

Thanks.

Have you got it before or after the test ?? Thx

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
Passports - Color photocopies of all pages of all passports used during the relevant period

Entry/Exit Record issued by the authorities of your country of citizenship and/or all countries of current or past (permanent or temporary) residency status other than Canada. Refer to the relevant embassy or consulate on how to obtain this record

Provincial/Territorial Personal Health Claims Summary for each province/territory you have resided in during the relevant period.

If you have been or are a renter:
  • Rental or Lease Agreements
  • Letter from Landlord confirming Rental Period

If you have been or are a home owner:
  • Property Titles or Mortgage Documents
  • Property Tax Assessment

If you have studied:
  • Official Transcripts

If you were an employee, recipient of employment insurance, social or disability assistance benefits during the relevant period:
  • T4 Slip
  • Confirmation of employment letter describing each position held, date of hiring and work schedule
  • Records of employment (Under your service Canada Account - View my record of employment - Select - View)
  • Statements of Employments Insurance benefit periods (Under your service Canada Account - My past Claim Details - View my past Claim Payments)
  • Statements of social assistance
  • Statements of disability assistance
If you own a business or are self-employed:
  • Letters from Suppliers or clients (3 letters of most significant parties demonstrating a continuance of business activity over the relevant period)
  • Incorporation or Registration Documents (if any)
  • Advertising contracts (if any)
  • Contracts, invoices (documents demonstrating a continuance of business activity over the relevant period)
  • Bank statements of your business

If you have been or are a member of a professional association or order:
  • Professional License / Membership Card / Permit to Practice

Forms to complete:
  • Information Regarding the reference person
  • Consent to I-94
  • Physical Quality Presence Questionnaire
WoW
It looks like an RQ !

YaSaKo

Mar 29, 2018
WoW
It looks like an RQ !
The worst part is trying to get in contact with the embassies/consulates to get the entry/exit records. I have to get them from Venezuela, Dominican Republic and Spain. So far I received an answer from the Consulate of Dominican Republic saying that they do not provide such records in the consulate.

I called all the consulates of Venezuela in Canada. Only the Consulate of Venezuela in Toronto picked up my call:
  • They told me they are not in position to provide me the entry/exit record
  • So I asked them to please reply my email saying exactly that.
  • Their answer was: "we cannot do that because we will be interfering with another Venezuelan institution - SAIME (Spanish acronym for Administrative Service of Identification, Migration and Foreigners).
  • To which I replied: "perfect, could you please then reply my email with that exact answer"
  • They hanged up the phone. (End of the phone call)
After that I sent them another email to which they replied:
I think I am going to use their short and vague answer in addition to the information they have in their website stating that the Entry/Exit record cannot be obtained in the Consulate of Venezuela in Toronto. Here is the link: http://www.consulventoronto.com/movimiento-migratorio

I will keep trying to get in touch with the Consulate of Spain in Toronto.

I have already gathered most of the rest of the documents

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
WoW
It looks like an RQ !
It is actually more comprehensive and intrusive than what has been requested in RQ.

See topic linked by @btbt above for extensive discussion about all the various forms IRCC uses to request more presence/residency related information or documentation.

The PPQ - QAE is, however, purportedly issued RANDOMLY, so it does not signal any actual concern let alone suspicion about the applicant who gets this. There have been multiple reports of applicants proceeding to the test and interview with very little delay after submitting their response.

I have not seen the 11-2017 version of CIT 0171, which has historically been referred to as full-blown RQ, so I am not sure what differences there are now between the PPQ-QAE 0205 request (which is what this OP reports receiving) and the CIT 0171 or whether the CIT 0171 has been renamed "Physical Presence Questionnaire."

For anyone else who has received any of the various forms IRCC uses to request more presence/residency related information or documentation, please join the conversation in topic the titled: "RQ versus Physical Presence Questionnaires, including CIT 0205" (again, linked above by @btbt) and in particular please identify the precise form received, by number and title and date; for example, recent versions include: CIT 0205 (10-2017) and CIT 0171 (11-2017). Along with any other information about the form you are willing to share, and maybe some ideas as to why you think you got it.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
The worst part is trying to get in contact with the embassies/consulates to get the entry/exit records. I have to get them from Venezuela, Dominican Republic and Spain. So far I received an answer from the Consulate of Dominican Republic saying that they do not provide such records in the consulate.

I called all the consulates of Venezuela in Canada. Only the Consulate of Venezuela in Toronto picked up my call:
  • They told me they are not in position to provide me the entry/exit record
  • So I asked them to please reply my email saying exactly that.
  • Their answer was: "we cannot do that because we will be interfering with another Venezuelan institution - SAIME (Spanish acronym for Administrative Service of Identification, Migration and Foreigners).
  • To which I replied: "perfect, could you please then reply my email with that exact answer"
  • They hanged up the phone. (End of the phone call)
After that I sent them another email to which they replied:
I think I am going to use their short and vague answer in addition to the information they have in their website stating that the Entry/Exit record cannot be obtained in the Consulate of Venezuela in Toronto. Here is the link: http://www.consulventoronto.com/movimiento-migratorio

I will keep trying to get in touch with the Consulate of Spain in Toronto.

I have already gathered most of the rest of the documents
The instructions on the Venezuelan consulate page seem to offer you a form and tell you to contact SAIME once you have completed that form. I had a quick look and there is a SAIME website that (at first glance) seems to allow one to create an account to request entry/exit records, so you may not even need to use that form.

Telling IRCC that you cannot get the information may not go over well when there are instructions on the consulate's webpage. They won't expect you to go to a country to get records, but using an online portal, or sending email to the relevant organisation is not something IRCC will consider excessive.

Note that if you find that acquiring some set of documents is going to take a while, you should notify IRCC to inform them of that fact, so they know that you are working on it (and can extend your deadline).

If there is a document that you cannot acquire, you can provide an explanation, but you probably should show you made a good faith effort to get the information they've requested. Making one call and glancing at one website probably won't be considered a good faith effort.

If you have the bulk of the documents you can send those to IRCC, with a letter indicating which documents you are still trying to acquire. That lets them process at least that part of your documentation earlier.

Luv2rock

Apr 9, 2018
Does anyone got any reply or mail from CIC after sending all the documents for quality assurance review of citizenship?

lilestewart

Apr 11, 2017
I am completing the paperwork currently for this. During part of my eligibility period I was living and working in the US. Do I need to provide the equivalent (T4, record of employment, confirmation of employment, etc) from my time there?

YaSaKo

Mar 29, 2018
I am completing the paperwork currently for this. During part of my eligibility period I was living and working in the US. Do I need to provide the equivalent (T4, record of employment, confirmation of employment, etc) from my time there?
I was not in that situation, but in summary you must provide all the documentation you think provides enough evidence to support your case.

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was asked to provide some documentation through CIT 0520 days after the knowledge test and interview. I submitted the information requested after one week and was confirmed received after three days by the CIC call centre.

olamriss

Jun 20, 2018
This is my timeline
application received 20 of july 2017
Test passed with success the 26 of january 2018
i received the cit 0520 on the 31 of january 2018
supporting evidence where sent and received on the 6th of february 2018
Still in process since then, no news from cic
Should i worry? Please Share your timelines