+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Québec qualified workers PR application is now online

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Another update on my side for those who submitted online applications: Got my eCoPR today! Roughly 11 months in total from initial submission as an inland applicant.

December 15, 2021 - Submitted online PR application
July 11, 2022 - Acknowledgement of reciept of application
July 11, 2022 - Request for biometrics
July 15, 2022 - Request for medical exam
July 21, 2022 - Biometrics submitted
July 28, 2022 - Pre-arrival invitation
August 11, 2022 - Medical examination
August 24, 2022 - Medical results approved
October 27, 2022 - First email (PR Confirmation Portal)
November 6, 2022 - Second email (PR Confirmation Portal)
November 23, 2022 - eCoPR

Now just have to wait for the PR Card... also does anyone know if you can renew SIN and Health Card with the eCoPR instead of waiting for the card?
Congrats there, you finally made it! Now Pr card and you are completely done.
Can I ask you something? After AoR did you have to create an IRCC account and link your application right? I did application on paper, but my wife is doing online right now.

QC_

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
Another update on my side for those who submitted online applications: Got my eCoPR today! Roughly 11 months in total from initial submission as an inland applicant.

Now just have to wait for the PR Card... also does anyone know if you can renew SIN and Health Card with the eCoPR instead of waiting for the card?
Yes, you can do everything but Air and commercial travel with eCoPR.

QC_

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
Congrats there, you finally made it! Now Pr card and you are completely done.
Can I ask you something? After AoR did you have to create an IRCC account and link your application right? I did application on paper, but my wife is doing online right now.
I put the same email address when replying to the 2nd email and they were able to find my PR Portal account from there they launched the PR Confirmation Tab where I was able to receive the eCoPR and upload the PIC and address info.

Reactions: LOLR1

joyrealdv

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019

Congrats to you! I *applied for a new SIN on the same morning I got my eCoPR. Once you have the new SIN, you can apply for a new Health Card, and update your CRA too, also update your bank.

Last edited:

QC_

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
Congrats to you! I renewed my SIN on the same morning I got my eCoPR. Once you have the new SIN, you can apply for a new Health Card, and update your CRA too, also update your bank.
From my understanding, you don't need to do anything with CRA, as Service Canada does that for you. They did that with RAMQ as well. When I called to get a new health card the person on the said they won't need my SIN since Service Canada already to care of that.

joyrealdv

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
From my understanding, you don't need to do anything with CRA, as Service Canada does that for you. They did that with RAMQ as well. When I called to get a new health card the person on the said they won't need my SIN since Service Canada already to care of that.
that was also my understanding that I don't need to do anything with my CRA account..however, I was not able to login after I got my new sin#

QC_

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
that was also my understanding that I don't need to do anything with my CRA account..however, I was not able to login after I got my new sin#
Yeah.. I am not sure if we are going to have to create new accounts with CRA and Revenu QC since SINs have been updated to permanent ones

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
@QC_ @joyrealdv
Let me chime in the conversation for a moment.
CRA and Service Canada in fact exchange information between them.
That been said, you need to create a new CRA account with your new SIN number, they will eventually link your new account to the information of your old one.
In the case of Revenu Quebec. you should call them and just tell them your new SIN by phone, then after a week or so you can create your new account (this wait time applies to CRA too). This is because CRA and Service Canada exchange information once a week, it is at that point that they verify your new SIN, you may encounter error 210 during the creation of your new accounts, this is because not enough time has passed yet).

You need to create a new Service Canada account too, remember to save as much information as possible from your old Service Canada account, as the new one will have very little stuff from the old one (kinda like a new person), they are both linked but you just can't see it. I had to call service canada and they had to send me by snail mail some information that I needed from my old one.

You also need to schedule a call with RAMQ in order to renew your RAMQ card, as you are a PR now. Strangely, they will only renew it for 1 year, instead of 3 years. Kinda like they are considering that you "just" arrive in Canada, even if you previously had a work permit or whatever here. After 1 year, you can renew it normally, for 3-5 years each.

Also remember to print, sign and save your Ecorp, it has some numbers that your Pr card has not, and some agencies from the government can ask you for it.

Finally tell your bank you have a new SIN and PR status, as you can access other stuff from them and it is useful for tax declaration later on.

That is all, good luck you all.

• Love
Reactions: QC_

joyrealdv

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
@QC_ @joyrealdv
That been said, you need to create a new CRA account with your new SIN number, they will eventually link your new account to the information of your old one.
In the case of Revenu Quebec. you should call them and just tell them your new SIN by phone, then after a week or so you can create your new account (this wait time applies to CRA too). This is because CRA and Service Canada exchange information once a week, it is at that point that they verify your new SIN, you may encounter error 210 during the creation of your new accounts, this is because not enough time has passed yet).

You need to create a new Service Canada account too, remember to save as much information as possible from your old Service Canada account, as the new one will have very little stuff from the old one (kinda like a new person), they are both linked but you just can't see it. I had to call service canada and they had to send me by snail mail some information that I needed from my old one.

You also need to schedule a call with RAMQ in order to renew your RAMQ card, as you are a PR now. Strangely, they will only renew it for 1 year, instead of 3 years. Kinda like they are considering that you "just" arrive in Canada, even if you previously had a work permit or whatever here. After 1 year, you can renew it normally, for 3-5 years each.

Also remember to print, sign and save your Ecorp, it has some numbers that your Pr card has not, and some agencies from the government can ask you for it.

Finally tell your bank you have a new SIN and PR status, as you can access other stuff from them and it is useful for tax declaration later on.

thanks @LOLR1 you are right, I already created a new CRA account with my new sin (but I waited for the new pin for couple of days, everything is good now) and also contacted RAMQ for my new health card (but will have to wait to receive it after 2-3 months)

QC_

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
@QC_ @joyrealdv

Thanks so much for this. I had some of the info but not the full picture for CRA and Revenu QC. I will try to take care of these before the start of the new year.

@joyrealdv we have very similar timeline so good luck to you. I will keep you posted through this thread for the Card Timeline :)