Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khalidcivil said:
Landing and Settling Experience

Dear fellows!

After issuance of visa, I traveled to Toronto from Islamabad on 21st December 2012. I took the PIA non-stop flight from Islamabad. Against the general perception, the flight was right on schedule and in flight services were quite satisfactory as well. The flight time was 14 hours.

Before landing in Toronto, the airline staff distributed a CBSA form to be filled by all passengers. The form contained information regarding the cash in excess of 10,000 dollars one is carrying, duration of visit etc. If one is carrying more than 10, 000 dollars, it is to be declared in this form and the same form is to be submitted by the immigrant at the airport to CBSA officials.

All processes at Airport went very smoothly. The immigrants landing for the first time were directed to the immigration staff for interview. The interview lasted for a few minutes with general info about family and profession etc. There was no question asked about the POF. The officer just asked about the total amount of dollars available to me for settling in Canada and entered that amount in COPR form. After completing the formalities and taking my address in Toronto, I was asked to sign the COPR form. The whole process took about 10 minutes. The officer also confirmed that I will receive PR card within 6 weeks time at the given address.

After the immigration counter, I attended the CBSA counter where I presented the lists of “goods accompanying” and “goods to follow”. They entered details in their system, stamped the lists and returned one copy to me. At the same counter, I handed over the form I received in the plan to CBSA officials. Again, there was no question asked about POF here as well.

Behavior of both Immigration and CBSA officials was friendly and helping. They always started the conversation by welcoming to Canada.

On the next working day, I went to a Canadian bank (TD bank) for opening account. The bank is well known in Canada with presence in all cities. I opened the basic account with a un-secured Visa Credit card of 500 $ limit. The whole process of opening account was completed in 30 minutes and against the bank stay was very co-operative. On the same day, I went to Service Canada office for getting the SIN number. The process there was very simple and completed in few minutes. They issued SIN number to me at the spot and also confirmed that SIN card will be delivered at my address within 15 days.

The most important thing to share with all of you is regarding driving license. I brought a letter of Authentication / NOC from district licensing issuing Authority in Pakistan for confirmation of my driving license validity and experience. I attended the Ontario Transportation Authority office and presented letter of authentication, original Pakistani license, passport and landing form. The officials accepted my previous driving experience in Pakistan and declared me eligible for class G driving license subject to clearing the written test and road test. Immediately after the process, I appeared for written test in the same office. The test was about traffic rules and signs in Canada. I managed to pass the test and afterwards got a date for practical road test. The important point is that the NOC I brought from Pakistan saved a lot of time and effort on my part as otherwise the licensing officials always ask for a letter of Authentication from for driving license from Pakistani Consulate in Toronto. Getting the letter from Pak Consulate involves not only fee payment but will also waste one full day. Thanks to the advice of our fellow forum member “Lala Ji” and help from “Cocknbull”, I brought the NOC from Pakistan.

Based on my experience, I would advise all fellow members not to worry about the procedures at airport and other preliminary things such opening bank account, SIN etc. The system is very effective and people are friendly. So you wouldn't face any trouble. Just remember to bring dresses for the cold summer as snowfall has already started in Toronto and other areas as well.
Best of luck Khalid bhai.

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zee81 said:
Hi Khalid,

Can you please share the procedure to prepare for the driving test on the forum as well for the benefit of others.....

Thanks and best of luck.
I second.

Khalid bro.,
Plz do share your G license examination preparation on forum as well for benefit of many.

JazakAllah.

obaid.Samee

Apr 8, 2010
KArachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd July 2009
Doc's Request.
31st August 2009
File Transfer...
9th septemeber2009
Med's Request
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
qshahzad said:
Welcome to the group Obaid bhai, wishing you the best of luck.

God bless,
Thanks shahzad bhai...

obaid.Samee

Apr 8, 2010
KArachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd July 2009
Doc's Request.
31st August 2009
File Transfer...
9th septemeber2009
Med's Request
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
phdmaker said:
I second.

Khalid bro.,
Plz do share your G license examination preparation on forum as well for benefit of many.

JazakAllah.
Khalid bhai plz do share and if there is any posibility you can guide or share the initial draft of the NOC letter for the driving license?

thanks

khalidcivil

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I prepared the test from the standard book published by Ontario transportation ministry. The book summarizes all traffic rules and signs being implemented in Ontario. Once you go through the book, you are prepared for the test :) It will take not more than 02 days for preparation. Soft copy of the book is available wuth me. I can share that with all. Please share email addresses with me, I will send the book as well as NOC format.

regards,

obaid.Samee said:
Khalid bhai plz do share and if there is any posibility you can guide or share the initial draft of the NOC letter for the driving license?

thanks

atifhassankhan

Star Member
Jan 26, 2010
khalidcivil said:
I prepared the test from the standard book published by Ontario transportation ministry. The book summarizes all traffic rules and signs being implemented in Ontario. Once you go through the book, you are prepared for the test :) It will take not more than 02 days for preparation. Soft copy of the book is available wuth me. I can share that with all. Please share email addresses with me, I will send the book as well as NOC format.

regards,
asa khalid bhi

my email is dratifhassankhan@yahoo.com. please share is driving test material, secondly i will be coming to canada for 15 days for landing then will come finally in august, what is the procedure to get travel docum ents if in case i do not get my PR cards at the time of returning

tha nks

obaid.Samee

Apr 8, 2010
KArachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd July 2009
Doc's Request.
31st August 2009
File Transfer...
9th septemeber2009
Med's Request
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
khalidcivil said:

regards,
AOA khalid bhai,

My email add is obaid.samee@gmail.com...plz do share the NOC draft and Preparation hand book...

Regards,
Obaid

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khalidcivil said:

regards,
Please note below,

salman.care@gmail.com

Thanks in advance for this valuable sharing. :)

WAY

Mar 1, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 22, 2010
Doc's Request.
April 06, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 13, 2010
IELTS Request
Already done
File Transfer...
May 22, 2012
Med's Request
April 09, 2014 (Re-med)
Med's Done....
May 02, 2014 (Re-med)
Interview........
Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 (May 13, 2014), PPR-2 (Jun 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 27, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 2014, Permanent landing not decided yet
Check the link below, u can get all relevant information on that (if u r willing to move to ontario). You can get all information regarding Ontario on "ontario.ca".

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/handbook/index.shtml

phdmaker said:
Please note below,

salman.care @ gmail.com

Thanks in advance for this valuable sharing. :)

khalidcivil

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all,

I have forwarded the copy of driving test preparation book to the email addresses given here and in my inbox. You all are most welcome to contac me for any further guidance.
regatds

amjpk

Oct 14, 2009
Khalid sb,

I would be grateful if you please share with me driving test stuff.
My email is "amjpk@yahoo.com"

Thanks in advance
Amjad

khalidcivil said:
Dear all,

I have forwarded the copy of driving test preparation book to the email addresses given here and in my inbox. You all are most welcome to contac me for any further guidance.
regatds

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WAY said:
Check the link below, u can get all relevant information on that (if u r willing to move to ontario). You can get all information regarding Ontario on "ontario.ca".

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/handbook/index.shtml
Thanks for sharing this useful link.

atifhassankhan

Star Member
Jan 26, 2010
khalidcivil said:
Dear all,

regatdso
asa

Thanks for sharing. i also sent u a query. copying here for the benefit of others too

i will be landing calgary april 17 for 15 days only with my family
and then plan to come finaly in late august after my cotract finishes with my employe r in ksa. can i give address of a frie nd in calgay for pr card and ask him to send me by courier to ksa or pakistan. is there any problem for the person whose address i will give in recieving or sending the pr card to me.
i heard somtimes they ask to appear in person to collect the pr card. if so what options i have ? can I apply for travel docs from Pakistan without even receiving the pr? If so any idea in how much time one gets travel docs in Pakistan?

thanks
dr atif

obaid.Samee

Apr 8, 2010
KArachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd July 2009
Doc's Request.
31st August 2009
File Transfer...
9th septemeber2009
Med's Request
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
atifhassankhan said:
asa

Thanks for sharing. i also sent u a query. copying here for the benefit of others too

i will be landing calgary april 17 for 15 days only with my family
and then plan to come finaly in late august after my cotract finishes with my employe r in ksa. can i give address of a frie nd in calgay for pr card and ask him to send me by courier to ksa or pakistan. is there any problem for the person whose address i will give in recieving or sending the pr card to me.
i heard somtimes they ask to appear in person to collect the pr card. if so what options i have ? can I apply for travel docs from Pakistan without even receiving the pr? If so any idea in how much time one gets travel docs in Pakistan?

thanks
dr atif
AOA Dr Atif,

Below links will help you a lot in Landing procedures and Pr. I have concluded that there is no need to appear in person to collect PR if you are applying for the first time. It will be delivered to the given address secondly you can use a representative for the collection of PR too. Hope you will get it Inshallah..

I am also planning to Locate myself in Alberta either Edmonton or Calgary. so stay in touch. obaid.samee@gmail.com is my email ID.

ww w. canadavisa.co m/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-in-canada-all-you-need-to-know-t36735.0
ww w. canadavisa.co m/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t30178.0

Regards,
Obaid