+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

PrincessLS

Apr 21, 2019
I applied to sponsor my parents, it turned out that my dad has an active TB and needs to undergo treatment. Is there anyone here who have the same situation. He went to st Lukes but we live in the province. How do they do treatment? Do they have you the medication and have you come back for a check up or does he need to go to st. Lukes everyday for treatment?

canaduh2018

Sep 5, 2018
Hi,

I’m new here. I did upfront medical last March however PP asked me to do sputum. I am an OWP applicant and I lodged my application together with my SP applicant. This May is the 2nd month already after I did my sputum smear and by June I will be having my 2nd Xray.

1. Will SP’s application be placed on hold as well since we submitted application together?

2. The status in my account currently is that they are reviewing my medical results, that will only change once they had the go signal from PP is it?

Thank you

Reactions: glenda.cuebillas

krana85

Oct 25, 2018
Guys, if no reply from PP after 2.5 months on sputum and culture? Isit good sign? Or there r still chances that they might ask us to go for

Atlantico

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
Guys, if no reply from PP after 2.5 months on sputum and culture? Isit good sign? Or there r still chances that they might ask us to go for
I am in the same situation. Waiting for another x-ray which must be 3 months from the last x-ray.

sunyyy

Nov 14, 2018
The doctor said the x ray results should show stability or no maj
After the first x ray I don’t know what they saw they just demanded for only re x ray after 3 month if I can’t provide an old x ray .. after waiting 3 month and doing the x ray they now demanded for sputum .. because normally it comes together but at first they didn’t ask for sputum I guess because I told them I treated TB before and submitted report .. I don’t know maybe the person handling my file now is a different person and was surprised sputum was not included at first .. please can I talk to you privately or on WhatsApp.. please reply as soon as you see this

Last edited:

sunyyy

Nov 14, 2018
Hello, just want to give u an update...after 3 xrays, i am now cleared. I think as long as your sputum culture is negative, they will not advise you to take tb treatment
After the normal medical test .. I told them I had TB in the past , they demanded for report from the hospital i provided that .. they sent an email for additional test
1. Provide old x ray or repeat x ray after 3 month
I repeated the x ray after 3 month and the doctor said he did not see anything wrong with it
Then they sent another email for additional test again
2. To do sputum test ONLY there was no repeat x ray
I have done the sputum test, tomorrow will make it the 8th week so I don’t know when should I be expecting update.. because I know it’s just a waste of time I don’t ve TB anymore...
I hope I will not be asked to do 3rd x ray when it comes out negative

How long did you wait after your medicals was updated before you got your visa .. my application is now 8 months o .. student visa .. what a frustration .

DanBhanu69

Dec 19, 2018
After the normal medical test .. I told them I had TB in the past , they demanded for report from the hospital i provided that .. they sent an email for additional test
I repeated the x ray after 3 month and the doctor said he did not see anything wrong with it
I have done the sputum test, tomorrow will make it the 8th week so I don’t know when should I be expecting update.. because I know it’s just a waste of time I don’t ve TB anymore...

How long did you wait after your medicals was updated before you got your visa .. my application is now 8 months o .. student visa .. what a frustration .
8 months...that must be really frustrating. Best wishes, mate.

DanBhanu69

Dec 19, 2018
I did upfront meds last month and there was a "spot" in chest x-ray. I was asked to provide sputum samples. Two weeks later, the medical centre called to say smear test was negative for TB, but the process will continue.

Just noticed I got an email (went to Spam) requesting "additional tests to be performed". I've contacted the center asking for clarifications. Oh well...just another hurdle to cross...

Chamcham

Jan 25, 2019

Hello...sorry i just read this. Do you have viber or fb?

Hargur nahal

Jun 1, 2019
I did upfront meds last month and there was a "spot" in chest x-ray. I was asked to provide sputum samples. Two weeks later, the medical centre called to say smear test was negative for TB, but the process will continue.

Just noticed I got an email (went to Spam) requesting "additional tests to be performed". I've contacted the center asking for clarifications. Oh well...just another hurdle to cross...
Hve u cleared ur medical test after all these tests ??

Kindle_91

May 22, 2019
no.. they will still continue to process your papers and biometrics. same with my application. I did everything already including biometrics the only pending is the medical and the result for sputum will be on June.
Hi
Have you received your results of additional tests ? What is the next step?
Pls update..for which category you have applied.

kkumar110182

Jun 4, 2019
Hi everyone,
I hv done medical on16 july 2018 in max for work permit and after that my sputum test done and result I recived after 3 months . All x-rays are same(because of some marks on lungs and it will remain same) and test is also negative. Bcz of some reason, I could,t submitted visa application that time. But now I am going to submitting visa application in month Aug 2019. In that case should I need to do medical test again and go through sputumtest for 3 months? Please reply.