+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

Grezel

Nov 9, 2018
Congrats friend. I have a question, what was written in your first x-ray report so you had to take sputum test? I mean what the pulmonologist's diagnosis on the x-ray report form? I had to take sputum test as well because the pulmonologist's had checked "storng suspicous of tuberclosis" on my x-ray report form. Btw I was diagnosed with tuberclosis in 2002 after having treatment totally healed since 2002.
Is there any cost for medical surveillance? what about the medical check up?

Tapan_1988

Aug 16, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mumbai
I was treated for tb when I was child (8 years).
I am an Outland applicant.
Medical- 5th Jan-2019
AOR- 28th Jan-2019
Ideally would get the final decision on or before 28th Jul-2019.

But after reading this thread it seems like I won't receive the final decision before Feb-2020. :(

Atlantico

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
Hi all, please can anyone confirm that one can get active TB without any symptoms? I have no symptoms at all but have been referred for TB test. It takes 8 weeks to know result and I am worried. Thanks for your knowledge.

gmat1988

Mar 19, 2019
Hi,
I have a query on the Medical tests for Express entry. I received the ITA and instructed to undergo Sputum test upon medical examination. But I was unable to produce the sample as per the requirement. So I am now instructed to wait for 6 more months to undergo the tests (X-ray) again.
Have anyone been through the same situation?

Regards

sunyyy

Nov 14, 2018
Hello, same case with mine. I just received am email that I need to undergo the 3rd xray. Im worried on what would happen if the result is still unstable.
I was sent a mail now for additional test after the 2nd x ray only without sputum test.. am curious and scared.. what does this mean ..

krana85

Oct 25, 2018
Hi, im in the same situation.. did upfront medical from iom lahore on 11feb, then sputum test on 13feb, now waiting fot 2nd xray on 12may.. i want to know does it stop whole other process like background check, eligibility check biometrics? Im quite worried due to this useless delay.. since i had done same medical for nez visa in singapore n it was passed.. but in iom lahore, it seems they r using old machines etc...

hunterx89

Star Member
Feb 3, 2018
Hi, im in the same situation.. did upfront medical from iom lahore on 11feb, then sputum test on 13feb, now waiting fot 2nd xray on 12may.. i want to know does it stop whole other process like background check, eligibility check biometrics? Im quite worried due to this useless delay.. since i had done same medical for nez visa in singapore n it was passed.. but in iom lahore, it seems they r using old machines etc...
no.. they will still continue to process your papers and biometrics. same with my application. I did everything already including biometrics the only pending is the medical and the result for sputum will be on June.

Reactions: ginger1995

ginger1995

Sep 11, 2018
no.. they will still continue to process your papers and biometrics. same with my application. I did everything already including biometrics the only pending is the medical and the result for sputum will be on June.
Wow! I heard that the biometrics letter comes together with the MEP. So you got that letter even before MEP? Are you applying under EE? I am about to do the same time-consuming sputum test and a second x-ray...

Thanks a lot for your useful information.

hunterx89

Star Member
Feb 3, 2018
Wow! I heard that the biometrics letter comes together with the MEP. So you got that letter even before MEP? Are you applying under EE? I am about to do the same time-consuming sputum test and a second x-ray...

Thanks a lot for your useful information.
I was sponsored as a Family class. I had my MR request last Feb 28 and I had done my medical on March 14. They send me an email for the additional test because of my medical history of having TB last 2017. I had done my Sputum test last week. I also received my Bio letter on March 30 and did the bio on April 5.

Reactions: ginger1995

innahgarcia

Apr 8, 2019
Hi does anyone here know how long cic issue PPR after the sputum culture test and repeat chest x-ray?
My wife did a sputum culture test and it came out negative and she already done repeat chest x-ray and nothing has change since her 1st chest x-ray.
She had a past PTB history which is already cured since 2011.
Did you get your ppr already?

Chamcham

Jan 25, 2019
I was sent a mail now for additional test after the 2nd x ray only without sputum test.. am curious and scared.. what does this mean ..
Hello, just want to give u an update...after 3 xrays, i am now cleared. I think as long as your sputum culture is negative, they will not advise you to take tb treatment

Atlantico

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
Hi all,

It has been 7 weeks since I provided samples for sputum smear and culture tests and i have not heard any call from PP. I understand that the smear test can give result quickly so I wonder if no call until now means my smear test is negative and they only wait for culture test result? Should they call me for treatment immediately if smear test is positive, or they still wait for culture test result anyway? Any idea is appreciated!

Chamcham

Jan 25, 2019
Hi all,

It has been 7 weeks since I provided samples for sputum smear and culture tests and i have not heard any call from PP. I understand that the smear test can give result quickly so I wonder if no call until now means my smear test is negative and they only wait for culture test result? Should they call me for treatment immediately if smear test is positive, or they still wait for culture test result anyway? Any idea is appreciated!
Based on my experience, as long as you don't receive any call then that means its negative.

Reactions: Atlantico