+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

vergaraquane

Aug 16, 2018
Hi! I just want to ask if ther's anyone here that have the same case like mine? who had an PA xray and lordotic xray and the result is minimal PTB? then i had my sputum test twice to have bacteriological and colleretion but the result

stellarpp

Aug 17, 2018
Last July 12, I had an upfront medical exam for OWP (spouse of international student). My Xray shown an early-stage pneumonia (which was confirmed by my personal doctor). So the designated clinic asked me to undergo 3-day sputum test in 5 days. So while waiting for that, my doctor asked me take antibiotics for 5 days to clear my lungs since he is sure it is not TB. I had personal re-Xray and it has shown to be clear. After the sputum test, I was told to come back in 4 days to get the results. It turned out negative but still have to wait for 8 weeks to know result of the sputum culture. I was told to come back in Oct. 15 for my re-Xray. I asked why it can't be earlier since the I was told that the culture result will come out on Sept 12. They said the policy of re-Xray is 3-months from when the first X-ray was done. Is this true? Anyway, I had no choice but to wait at this point. I have already lodged my application last August 9 even if the results are not there yet. I was told by the clinic that it is already ok to lodge as long as I attach the eMedical info sheet. CIC knows that I have pending medical results. So I am relieved that I don't have to wait for the result before I even start to lodge my application.

My question is, how long will it take to get my visa if my 2nd Xray (oct 15) is clear? Will there be any issues of lodging earlier while results are pending?

Sharmamonika

Jul 26, 2018
Hi, I had tb 16 years ago. I had my medical done in Kolkata as the state where I live in there is no centre authorised for visa medical.
I had gone for Sputum test today after CIC asked for further testing. Just now the diagnostic centre informed me that the sputum sample was not enough and I need to give more sputum tomorrow or day after so that the quantity of it could increase. I am in train back to my place and it's impossible to give sample in this time. Also, while coughing for sample I was unable to produce any further sputum and tried my best to the extent that my head started aching and I started to feel as if I would faint. I could see traces of sputum with saliva but they said that's not enough.
What happens if sputum does not come out to the amount they require?
I am just clueless about all this procedure.

Sharmamonika

Jul 26, 2018
Hello guys,
I give my sputum sample few days ago my sputum did not have mucus . So It contain only saliva and spit . Is it fine ?

Please let me know anyone.
Thank you !!
Hi,
I had the same experience. What did your centre tell you? Is it fine to not be able to give out sputum?

muna_12

Sep 1, 2018
Hello,
When I did my x ray for medicals I was told I had an abnormality in my lungs. I have no symptoms of tb or have ever had tb. Is it possible for the abnormality to be a scar from really bad cough? Can this abnormality be overlooked and I'll still pass my medical test or there is a high chance I will be called to do some extra tests.
I applied for a study permit how does this affect me as a student. Will I have to defer for a year or more?? How does this news prolong my application process.

Renss

Dec 22, 2017
Hello, I am new to this forum.. I had done my first medicals on 24th Aug and I got a furtherance mail from RMO Delhi asking me to visit panel physician for additional tests and when I visit PP told tht I need to undergo sputum smear and culture and repeat x-ray after three months...

I have given samples for sputum test for last three days and clinic told tht they will call me back once results are ready... my question is...

1. Shd I update cic regarding submission sputum sample or shd I write back to RMo Delhi giving them an update tht I have visited PP and given sputum samples ..??

I am worried as the mail says tht if I don't visit doctor my file will be closed and might be refused.

Plz reply...

darkmater

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, I am new to this forum.. I had done my first medicals on 24th Aug and I got a furtherance mail from RMO Delhi asking me to visit panel physician for additional tests and when I visit PP told tht I need to undergo sputum smear and culture and repeat x-ray after three months...

I have given samples for sputum test for last three days and clinic told tht they will call me back once results are ready... my question is...

1. Shd I update cic regarding submission sputum sample or shd I write back to RMo Delhi giving them an update tht I have visited PP and given sputum samples ..??

I am worried as the mail says tht if I don't visit doctor my file will be closed and might be refused.

Plz reply...
No worries! Just raise a cse via IRCC web form addressing to Delhi visa office (I think this is where your file is being proceeded) and explain the situation, that is it!

Last edited:

KP2016

Mar 22, 2016
I had done my medicals on 31st Aug 2018 and I got a call from panel physician for sputum smear and culture and repeat x-ray after three months...

I have given samples for sputum test for three days and waiting for repeat x-ray.

My current status is:

Review of medical results:
We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message below for details.

is it normal or not???

what is your(Renss) file status now??

hima221

Oct 7, 2018
Hello everyone, I had applied for PR and I got my medical passed.I have not received request for passport yet.I had TB which was successfully treated,thats why I passed the medical exam.Now I am again having symptoms of TB after passing the medical exam. If I have TB again, will CIC know about it and delay my approval of PR.I am in canada already on my work permit.

luna897

May 4, 2018
Hi ,

I had done sputum

16 , 17, 18 July

All are clear but my pp said in my X-ray fibroinfiltration is slightly increased . I had ptd history with complete treatment of 11 months .
But Now I am fit no symptoms after treatment since last 3 years .

But doctor suggest me for CT scan and again she is not cleared from CT .

Now she is telling she needs bronchoscopy test for more clearity.

She did not send my sputum and X-ray results to immigration yet .

She telling first complete the all tests then we send .

She also gave me choice if I agree they will send my results(sputum + X-ray) to Immigration but after that she said they will not clear you on the basis’s of these tests you need bronchoscopy .

I can’t understand what I can do , go for bronchoscopy or first send the results of sputum and X-ray to immigration and wait for responses.

Anybody suggest me please give your best advise.

zengkeidean

Jul 15, 2018
Hello everyone, I had applied for PR and I got my medical passed.I have not received request for passport yet.I had TB which was successfully treated,thats why I passed the medical exam.Now I am again having symptoms of TB after passing the medical exam. If I have TB again, will CIC know about it and delay my approval of PR.I am in canada already on my work permit.
hi.. it doesn't mean if you have signs and symptoms of TB your infected seek medical advise first then claim that your infected or not.

zengkeidean

Jul 15, 2018
Hi ,

I had done sputum

16 , 17, 18 July

All are clear but my pp said in my X-ray fibroinfiltration is slightly increased . I had ptd history with complete treatment of 11 months .
But Now I am fit no symptoms after treatment since last 3 years .

But doctor suggest me for CT scan and again she is not cleared from CT .

Now she is telling she needs bronchoscopy test for more clearity.

She did not send my sputum and X-ray results to immigration yet .

She telling first complete the all tests then we send .

She also gave me choice if I agree they will send my results(sputum + X-ray) to Immigration but after that she said they will not clear you on the basis’s of these tests you need bronchoscopy .

I can’t understand what I can do , go for bronchoscopy or first send the results of sputum and X-ray to immigration and wait for responses.

Anybody suggest me please give your best advise.

hi..just do what they say..