+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

darkmater

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello mates,

Last week, appeared for post-culture test follow up at IOM. With the grace of Almighty, My medical cleared after pulmonologist checkup, CT and X-ray. My smear and culture tests were negative, there was some uncertainty with my CT though. Timeline is:
Medical appeared: 2th Apr, 2018
Sputum sample: 2, 3, 4 Apr 2018
X-ray were stable with minor changes after 3 months.
july 12, 2018, medical passed.
Just be strong in faith, pray and let the rest to GOD, he has a plan for each one of us. I wish, by GOD grace, everyone gets his/her happy news soon.

AyeshaShakeel

Jul 13, 2018
Hello All,
We received the ITA in may and are about to submit our documents... we had our medical today and the cheese x Ray of my husband showed slight thickening .... I know does not have tb...he will be giving a sample on Monday and final test results come in 3 months so we know from earlier posts also.... my husband is asthmatic so I was wondering that other than tb is there any other lung disease also that can hinder the process for Visa?

Clarizon

Jun 9, 2018
Hello mates,

Last week, appeared for post-culture test follow up at IOM. With the grace of Almighty, My medical cleared after pulmonologist checkup, CT and X-ray. My smear and culture tests were negative, there was some uncertainty with my CT though. Timeline is:
Medical appeared: 2th Apr, 2018
Sputum sample: 2, 3, 4 Apr 2018
X-ray were stable with minor changes after 3 months.
july 12, 2018, medical passed.
Just be strong in faith, pray and let the rest to GOD, he has a plan for each one of us. I wish, by GOD grace, everyone gets his/her happy news soon.
Hi.what does it mean with minor changes on your xray.Because i also had thesame case.I undergo sputum test when they saw scar on my xray.Then after two months its negative but there is minimal changes on my next Xray so they request another sputum test and i am waiting for the result till august.Skin test is negative.Do you think if its going to be negative again .They let us pass our medical exam.We are very worried about this.

darkmater

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do not know exactly what does it mean, that was what my pulmo dr said to me. He could not be sure about the minor change on my 3-months-after-repeated x-ray, and hence, he requested me to have ct. After having seen ct result, he still was unable to be sure. But finally, he reported my current tb status as "inactive", so, I passed medical.
Hi.what does it mean with minor changes on your xray.Because i also had thesame case.I undergo sputum test when they saw scar on my xray.Then after two months its negative but there is minimal changes on my next Xray so they request another sputum test and i am waiting for the result till august.Skin test is negative.Do you think if its going to be negative again .They let us pass our medical exam.We are very worried about this.

darkmater

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As for the second sputum result, get relax, it will come out clear 100%. To me, the only thing you should concern is the delay that is going to cost you, approx. 10-12 weeks. Just be strong in faith, pray to God, everything will be OK.

luna897

May 4, 2018
Anyone tell me please , Will file transfer to Home visa office or not during sputum test ? what about Background check during sputum test ?
Please tell me anyone . Thanks :)

zengkeidean

Jul 15, 2018
hi
Hi sis! Ask ko lang kung nkapunta ka n ng iom.. same case kayo ng husband ko.. after sputum test wla p kme nre reciv n email from embassy so tinwagan nya yung iom and pinapa punta sya s march5
hi ate ano na po progress ng application nyo? my wife is in canada kakareceived lang nmen ng noticed form cic na nareceived na ung application kinakabahan kasi ako kasi got dx TB 2004 pa and all my xray film is washed out from typhoon. tnx sa response po..

zengkeidean

Jul 15, 2018
He was diagnosed tb 10 years ago and took 6 months medication that time.
After uploading the stable xray and negative sputum result his case was passed by cic
hi did they ask for pass xray film i mean the previous xray results? because i was diagnose also tb 14yrs ago already but unfortunately my xray film lost but the results is still available..thank you for the response..

zengkeidean

Jul 15, 2018
Hello can you please enlighten me? Thanks in advance..

I was diagnosed with TB 2004 and got married this year my wife send the application and today cic sent us msg confirming they received it.. My problem is i lost my previous xray film here in abroad. My question is:
1. do they require previous xray film? but i have my result with me.
2. where to do the medical exam since im here in abroad? am i going back to my country to do the medical? since my last work visa is november

thank you in advance sir/madam..

CanAspirant2018

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018
hi did they ask for pass xray film i mean the previous xray results? because i was diagnose also tb 14yrs ago already but unfortunately my xray film lost but the results is still available..thank you for the response..
No they haven't asked for any previous reports. We did our normal medical test first After we uploaded and submitted the application, they asked us go for sputum test and repeat xray. They specify a gap of three months between first xray and repeat. After uploading the repeat xray and sputum results, our medical was cleared within two days

Reactions: zengkeidean

CanAspirant2018

Star Member
Apr 12, 2018

I was diagnosed with TB 2004 and got married this year my wife send the application and today cic sent us msg confirming they received it.. My problem is i lost my previous xray film here in abroad. My question is:
1. do they require previous xray film? but i have my result with me
No they haven't asked us.
2. where to do the medical exam since im here in abroad? am i going back to my country to do the medical? since my last work visa is november
I am not sure regarding this. I did it from my country as I work n reside there itself.

darkmater

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone tell me please , Will file transfer to Home visa office or not during sputum test ? what about Background check during sputum test ?
Please tell me anyone . Thanks :)
Your file stays wherever it is until you has passed medical. BG check starts before or after medical exam, no any BG check is carried out during medical exam process.

darkmater

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

1. do they require previous xray film? but i have my result with me.

thank you in advance sir/madam..
It is not mandatory to declare your previous x-ray and other related results/reports etc. Having said that it is good to show your previous results which allow them to evaluate your current health condition, and eventually, this might expedite the whole process. You will go to the designated hospital for med exam in the country where you currently live. In case of any address change, you can continue your med exam, if it has not finished yet, in your new address/country.

zhaimaine

Jul 17, 2018
Hello there, Im just new here. I have history of PTB wayback 2014. I've completed the six months medication and then took an X-ray exam after. The result found out a scar and my doctor said it's for lifetime. Last year I took an X-ray again for my employment requirements and it got CLEARED. I'm planning to work abroad this year that's why I tried to take an X-ray exam again just yesterday and it still got cleared result. Is it really possible that the scar would vanish? I planned not to state my history because they are strict about PTB history, but what I worry is what if I am already there and the scar found out, then they will deport me and all my efforts and money would waste just like that. Please help.me decide. Thank you so much.

Reactions: AAmd29