+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

Mak0890

Oct 28, 2020
Hi Everyone, After my first medical i got furtherance letter for medical info from IRCC and i went to panel physician and they ordered me a Sputum test and 2nd Xray on Aug 12. I got an email from Panel physician tat i need to inform my IRCC case officer about three month period about this test. Do i need to update IRCC with Webform about this test ? Please let me know if anyone came across this same situation

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello All - I am looking for your expert opinions.

My parents recently went for their medical exam and the radiologist found some linear and mottled opacities in my dad's chest x-ray. Panel physician referred him for sputum test and told him once the sputum test results come back then he will refer him again to a pulmonologist. Once pulmonologist give him a clearance certificate then they will upload it to CIC.

In the meantime, my father went for a second opinion and doctors told him his x-rays and test results do not suggest TB. Unfortunately panel physician does not want to listen to other physicians.

Now I am so scared as I read some posts where the pulmonologist and Panel physician recommended 6 months treatment though the applicants' sputum test came back negative as well as did not have any symptoms at al. If that happens in my dad's case, can we contact with IRCC RMO directly and provide them all the opinions we got from other physicians? As my father is diabetic so I don't want to make things complicated.

Also he has valid visitor visa, can I bring him here and check up by a Canadian panel physician?

Thank you.
The thing is that for the immigration medical they have designated medical facilities and won't accept anything from the circle outside that panel.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello,

Just to share my timeline and see if someone has experienced the same:

My timeline (I, spouse, and 3 children all below 14 yo) and assisted by one of immigration consultants in Canada:
- Sep 11, 2020: Job Advertisement started.
- Dec 4, 2020: LMIA Submitted: (LMIA Processing Time for PR Stream by December 2020 was 22 working days).
- Jan 20, 2021: LMIA Positive Result received.
- Feb 18, 2021: Work Permit (including Spouse Open Work Permit) and 3x Study Permits submitted. (Working Visa Processing Time from Indonesia was 8 weeks).
- Feb 19, 2021: Biometric Invitation Letter (BIL) received.
- Feb 23, 2021: Medical Check Up and Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) Requested by IRCC.
- Feb 25, 2021: Biometrics submitted via VFS Office.
- Mar 1, 2021: PCC submitted.
- Mar 3, 2021: Medical Check Up submitted (Medical Check up for 5 family members).
- Mar 10, 2021: Additional Medical Check Up Requested by IRCC. This was a request only for my Spouse to give sputum culture sample
- Apr 26, 2021: Got a phone call from Embassy asking for my spouse Medical Exam and I sent a written response describing the current situation.
- May 3, 2021: Additional Medical Check Up done/ submitted: (as Sputum result can only be seen after 8 weeks from Mar 3, 2021)
- May 10, 2021: Received a letter from London RMO to take another medical exam.
- May 11, 2021: Got an info from our PP, that my spouse needed to have another X-Ray after June 1, 2021 and take GenExpert Test only for my spouse.
- May, 12. 2021: While waiting, my spouse, by her own, took Thorax CT-Scan and GenExpert on other hospital by a Pulmonologists. Both results were negative. Yet, Pulmonologist testified that no TB disease.
- May 13, 2021: Sent an updated email to Embassy and uploading the two results. We did hope they were eager to look at and judge the results without necessarily waiting for June 2nd's X-Ray Test.

Currently, I am requesting our PP to report those results to E-Medical even though the two tests were not done at his hospital.
At the moment, he does not give any response yet.

Is it ok to ask that kind of request?
Will the RMO only look at the result from E-Medical?

Perhaps anyone could share their experience.
Or @legalfalcon could also put a comment or advise.

Thank you and have a great weekend.
They can only upload the results done by them.

MANtoAB

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Islamabad
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-11-2021
Nomination.....
31-01-2022
AOR Received.
23-02-2022
Med's Done....
21-02-2022
I did an upfront medical my medical centre ask me for re x-ray after 3 months. But to my surprise, I got bil request and also my medical status got changed as well now it's saying we are reviewing your medicals. Is it normal?
My upfront medical was on 21st Feb 2022, and I was asked for a sputum test on 22nd Feb 2022. They collected all three samples on the same day, I submitted my samples after one interval. The same day my panel physician gave me the date for re x-ray which was 3 months after. I went back to the hospital on 26th May 2022, they just took my x-ray from different angles, they took 3-4 different x-ray after that pulmonologist wrote a report on my case regarding my health condition, in which he stated I am healthy and I do not need any further examination. My medical officer submitted that report very next to ircc and called me that in the morning they receive the x-ray reports so now he has submitted my medical report and remarks by the pulmonologist.

27th May 2022 Friday they submitted my reports and on 30th May in my GC Key account I received an updated medical passed on 30th May.

Thank you everyone for helping and writing their experiences, I just wanted to share my experience.

Good luck to everyone.

aman.kansal1234

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
My upfront medical was on 21st Feb 2022, and I was asked for a sputum test on 22nd Feb 2022. They collected all three samples on the same day, I submitted my samples after one interval. The same day my panel physician gave me the date for re x-ray which was 3 months after. I went back to the hospital on 26th May 2022, they just took my x-ray from different angles, they took 3-4 different x-ray after that pulmonologist wrote a report on my case regarding my health condition, in which he stated I am healthy and I do not need any further examination. My medical officer submitted that report very next to ircc and called me that in the morning they receive the x-ray reports so now he has submitted my medical report and remarks by the pulmonologist.

27th May 2022 Friday they submitted my reports and on 30th May in my GC Key account I received an updated medical passed on 30th May.

Thank you everyone for helping and writing their experiences, I just wanted to share my experience.

Good luck to everyone.
Could you please help where you have done sputum test??? Pls reply on aman.kansal1234@gmail.com

catalin1122

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Romania
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......

Good luck to everyone.
Hi, glad to see everything went smooth for you. I have also received the request for a sputum test and a 2nd x-ray. Do you know if your application processing continued while you were waiting for the sputum result?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi, glad to see everything went smooth for you. I have also received the request for a sputum test and a 2nd x-ray. Do you know if your application processing continued while you were waiting for the sputum result?
They goes simultaneously but there won't be any decision till the second xray. Then the sputum and xray results are anlysed again and you would either be cleared or will be given medical surveillance.

Reactions: catalin1122

MANtoAB

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Islamabad
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-11-2021
Nomination.....
31-01-2022
AOR Received.
23-02-2022
Med's Done....
21-02-2022
your application will be in process, R-10 stage will be complete in meantime.

Reactions: catalin1122

Xygrzy

Jan 21, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I just want yo share my experience,Im done for my 6month treatment,and the physician told me that my medical result is cleared .I just want to ask who have an experience that after getting cleared for the medical how long can wait for the passport request.? I already done for my biometric during my treatment.
please answer my question.Thankyou

Xygrzy

Jan 21, 2022
Hello everyone sa lahat ng nag undergo ng 6 month medication na approved din lang po ba kayo ng visa?.Thankyou in advance

Xygrzy

Jan 21, 2022

Good luck to everyone.

MANtoAB

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Islamabad
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-11-2021
Nomination.....
31-01-2022
AOR Received.
23-02-2022
Med's Done....
21-02-2022
Hello May I ask if did you received passport request? after pqssing the medical.
yes got PPR and my Passport also got stamped COPR received.