+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

elledg

Jul 29, 2022
Hello! To anyone who completed tb treatment after being diagnosed from the first medical, were you asked by the IRCC/RMO to undergo another sputum test after the end of the treatment?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello! To anyone who completed tb treatment after being diagnosed from the first medical, were you asked by the IRCC/RMO to undergo another sputum test after the end of the treatment?
So you got the full 6 months treatment in Canda after PR? Is that what you mean?

Aug 27, 2022
Hello guys,

Hope everyone is recuperating from this bug...
Already got job offer and Lmia is in process, awaiting for next process (working visa thru consultant service)...

Not sure but It seems i got reinfected as symptoms are showing. Got ptb when i was 9 and got cured (visible scar as a result). I just need to know if same process applies for active ptb cases til this time. I would like to do a medical upfront to know the status. But incase i get reinfected, will they reject my application for work permit? I am really down but glad i found this forum it make me feel hopeful. I loan the money for the application and i dont want to fail my journey. Hope you guys can share your present experience this 2022 as i am not sure if they tighten the policies this year.... Thank you and godbless.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello guys,

Hope everyone is recuperating from this bug...
Already got job offer and Lmia is in process, awaiting for next process (working visa thru consultant service)...

Not sure but It seems i got reinfected as symptoms are showing. Got ptb when i was 9 and got cured (visible scar as a result). I just need to know if same process applies for active ptb cases til this time. I would like to do a medical upfront to know the status. But incase i get reinfected, will they reject my application for work permit? I am really down but glad i found this forum it make me feel hopeful. I loan the money for the application and i dont want to fail my journey. Hope you guys can share your present experience this 2022 as i am not sure if they tighten the policies this year.... Thank you and godbless.
IRCC policy of medical inadmissibability is based if it is threat to economy and society. While going for medical reveal everything to your doctor. Don't keep anything under wraps regarding this even though anyone would suggest you to.

Aug 27, 2022
IRCC policy of medical inadmissibability is based if it is threat to economy and society. While going for medical reveal everything to your doctor. Don't keep anything under wraps regarding this even though anyone would suggest you to.
Is there a chance that i could still get a visa incase i am positive?

mabakar25274

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2020
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Windsor
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-06-2020
Doc's Request.
26-09-2022
Nomination.....
08-07-2020
AOR Received.
15-02-2021
File Transfer...
28-05-2021
Med's Request
02-06-2022
Med's Done....
15-09-2022
Aug 27, 2022
Sorry what i mean was incase i get positive, will they reject my application or not?

I see some cases they were put in medication but they didnt reject it... just not sure if its the same thing this year 2022...

mabakar25274

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2020
Lahore, Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Windsor
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-06-2020
Doc's Request.
26-09-2022
Nomination.....
08-07-2020
AOR Received.
15-02-2021
File Transfer...
28-05-2021
Med's Request
02-06-2022
Med's Done....
15-09-2022
Sorry what i mean was incase i get positive, will they reject my application or not?

I see some cases they were put in medication but they didnt reject it... just not sure if its the same thing this year 2022...
No, they will ask you for treatment and will not reject ur application

Aswer

Jan 10, 2019

i see some boys have tubculosis and take treatment and pass medical

Abir BD

Jan 26, 2023
Today my medical passed after 3 months second xray and sputum culture to ruleout TB.
My spouse was anti HCV positive and also clear medical after some further tests and consultation with gastroenterologist.
Anyone need any info can ask me.
Please share your email or whatsapp. I want to discuss with you.

Femosky

Jun 23, 2023
Hi friends! Here’s our timeline:

May 8, 2017: created Express Entry profile
June 17, 2017: received Provincial Nomination
June 29, 2017: received Invitation to Apply
July 4, 2017: upfront medicals (my wife’s x-ray was clear, mine wasn’t)
July 9, 2017: Confirmation of Online Application Transmission
July 10, 2017: Acknowledgement of receipt
July 17-19, 2017: my sputum tests (1st set)
July 22, 2017: Start of treatment

I volunteered and was allowed by the panel physician to immediately begin my TB treatment outside, under the supervision of my preferred pulmonologist regardless of the sputum results. It’s basically a gamble on my part since by beginning treatment asap, even if my sputum results come out negative, I’d still need to finish my 6 month TB treatment. My motivation was, thinking if my sputum results came out positive after the 2 month wait time, it would be an additional 6 monthsd on our timeline to finish with the treatment, thus I felt it best that while I was undergoing my sputum tests, my treatment was running concurrently with it.

Sept 11-13, 2017: my sputum results (1st set - negative)
Sept 20-22, 2017: my sputum tests (2nd set)
October, 2017: my repeat x-ray (no changes)
Nov 15-17, 2017: my sputum results (2nd set - negative)
Nov 22-24, 2017: my sputum tests (3rd set)
Jan 17-19, 2018: my sputum results (3rd set - negative)
Jan 21, 2018: End of treatment
Jan 24, 2018: my repeat x-ray (no changes)
Feb 7, 2018: Medicals passed

We then received an email notice by Feb 15, 2017 that since my wife has been in close contact with someone who has active TB, she will also need to undergo further testing.

Feb 19, 2018: my wife’s PPD Skin Test (positive - We consulted our own pulmo and was advised that since TB in the Philippines is endemic, this test almost always comes out positive.)

Feb 19, 2018: my wife’s repeat x-ray (no changes - If her PPD Skin Test was negative earlier, she’d have been cleared outright and this repeat x-ray wouldn’t be needed anymore.)

Feb 21-23, 2018: my wife’s sputum tests (If her PPD Skin Test was negative earlier, she’d have been cleared outright and these sputum tests wouldn’t be needed anymore.)

Apr 23-25, 2018: my wife’s sputum results (negative)
May 1, 2018: PPR
May 2, 2018: received Medical Surveillance Form
May 5, 2018: Visa On Hand (expires July 8, 2018)

It was a relatively lengthy process in our case but if one follows everything as instructed, is never afraid to ask and clarify, checks both inbox and spam emails (my CIC designated email was set to notify on my phone in real time so I never miss out on anything just in case due to these emails being time sensitive) and never waver in their belief that everything will come to pass, I assure you it will all be worth it in the end.

We hope this answers a few of your questions and provides some useful information to those in a similar situation.
Hello, I know it’s been a long time since this post but I noticed from your timeline that your medicals changed to passed on Feb 7 when you finished treatment jan 21. So roughly 2-3 weeks after. i am just wondering if IRCC didn’t need your final sputum result to change your medical status to pass because that’s what i’m worried about. That additional 2 month wait after the 6-month treatment is my problem.

jmags

Jul 2, 2023
Hi everyone!

Newbie here! Would like to ask if it is advisable to send an email to SLEC Ermita requesting if I could repeat my Xray?

Background story:
Fall intake. September 2023
Medical - June 29
Bio - passed
Eligibility - not started

I had my medical last June 29 and right after I finished all tests, they told me to go the lab and wait for the lab instruction. Right there and then, that situation sinked in.. I was totally nervous and expecting the worst.. and then it happened.. I was given the yellow slip. I got teary eyes when I saw “Sputum” on the paper and immediately my world began to crash, my voice is shaking.. super heartbreaking and devastating.. the lady told me that they seen some “abnormalities” on my X-ray. And she didn’t disclose to me the details. She’s really towards giving me the sputum slip and I don’t like her attitude. Didn’t sympathize with me. I ask what did they saw, she just said “abnormalities” while the only abnormality I know is my Scoliosis.. Isn’t it is one of the Patient’s rights to be informed of his/her diagnosis?? my world really shattered into pieces, I cried to my husband and began to ask “WHY??” and started blaming myself.. immediately after I thought of getting my 2nd opinion from other hospital. Fast forward to July 2, I had my X-Ray done and the results are clear. I also looked into my X-ray files last year and the results are also clear.. as I don’t have history of TB or whatnot.. also our family doesn’t have..

Now my plan is to email SLEC to request a repeat xray and attached all the X-rays i have and the findings. Do you think this is a good action to take? Do you think they will consider my request? Is there anyone in this forum or anyone you know who did the same thing?

I hope you can give me answers!! Thanks a lot!!!