+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

rmatienzo_13

Star Member
Aug 5, 2013
Pampanga
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
hopeful
IELTS Request
sent with the application
VISA ISSUED...
God be the Glory
LANDED..........
can't wait...
Eyelashes1222 said:
We are in the same boat. The processing of all our papers is stop because our partners need those test. My husband had his sputum last month and the result might be january or february 2014. Its frustrating to wait but they need those test. My ecas show only application received. Nothing more.

Hi can i ask, where did u have the sputum/culture tests? Is it at the same hospital where u had ur medical done?

Eyelashes1222

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am the pricipal applicant , my husband just done in his sputum test last nov. its frustrating but we need to wait for the result. He did his medical in IOM Manila, yes same hospital

pebbles0402

Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2012
Doc's Request.
15-11-2012
Nomination.....
27-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted together with MPNP application
Med's Request
23-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
07-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2014
Like all of us in this forum, our application is also in medical furtherance because my daughter was diagnosed with primary complex last July by our own pedia and put her on the six-month treatment. We had our medical done first week of August at SLEC and they also did the necessary tests: chest x-ray (aside from what our pedia had already done), pulmonary evaluation and sputum smear and culture. So far, all tests done by SLEC are NEGATIVE.

Since she is already under treatment, we have to finish it (which will be at the end of January 2014) and go back to SLEC for pulmonary reevaluation and tests (chest x-ray only).

Our status in eCAS is already In Process from September. Before that, I was sent an email from the Regional Medical Officer at CEM asking for further testing regarding my daughter's case. Same email was sent to SLEC. I called the clinic and told them about CEM's email which they confirmed to have received as well. They then instructed me to send a reply to CEM that we have communicated and understood what would be done next which is to come back at the end of her treatment with a medical certificate from our pedia regarding her treatment and as mentioned above, go back to SLEC for re-eval.

I have heard from friends in other forums in similar situations that once the reeval has been done and the final medical examination reports have been sent and received by CEM, it didn't take a long time for CEM to request for their passports. Unless they require some other documents, PPR would follow right away.

Let's all pray for applications and that all our loved ones with suspected TB or any pulmonary diseases will be healthy and well before we begin our new and exciting lives in Canada.

I hope what I've shared here can alleviate your doubts and lessen everybody's anxiety. God bless you all! :) :) :)

Eyelashes1222

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes this is also what the doctor said to my husband, once he is positive to sputum test he will go for 6 months treatment/medication. But i am really sure that my husband is negative because he is so healthy and normal. That scar found in him is he has since birth. im crossing my fingers to this because waiting is not easy. Its been three months now when i am done with my medical. i am the principql qpplicnt.

Yogesh85

Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
26-02-2014
Med's Request
25-10-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2014
LANDED..........
In CAnada
Eyelashes1222 said:
We are in the same boat. The processing of all our papers is stop because our partners need those test. My husband had his sputum last month and the result might be january or february 2014. Its frustrating to wait but they need those test. My ecas show only application received. Nothing more.
Thanks for the reply,

My wife sputum test result will come out 1st week of february and the further x-ray on feb 13, 2014. I agree, its frustrating to wait for 3 months, but nothing we can do now.. have a quick questions

Do i have to inform CPP-O that my wife's medical is on further test or they already know that (bcz Doctor said they already submitted the results and Medical regional officer said to do further test) ?

Did you send any email to CIC regarding that?

Eyelashes1222

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes i did as principal applicant. But i was informed them so late because of that sputum hehe

gm30

Dec 10, 2013
Hi l, i was just thinking is it possible to go the hospital where you plan to have ur medicals done ahead of time and have the culture done? So that by the time we receive our medical request here is already a culture test is already on process.Just to lessen the waiting time? Well just a thought. I'm still on MPNP stage :-D

pebbles0402

Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2012
Doc's Request.
15-11-2012
Nomination.....
27-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
23-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
07-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2014
gm30 said:
Hi l, i was just thinking is it possible to go the hospital where you plan to have ur medicals done ahead of time and have the culture done? So that by the time we receive our medical request here is already a culture test is already on process.Just to lessen the waiting time? Well just a thought. I'm still on MPNP stage :-D
The accredited clinics will only allow examinations ordered by the visa office handling the applicant's case. They will ask for the letter/email sent by the VO as part of the applicant's examination process. :)

gm30

Dec 10, 2013
pebbles0402 said:
The accredited clinics will only allow examinations ordered by the visa office handling the applicant's case. They will ask for the letter/email sent by the VO as part of the applicant's examination process. :)
Ouch. Haha that answers it. Thanks pebbles.

Eyelashes1222

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gm30 said:
Ouch. Haha that answers it. Thanks pebbles.

Yes you can do it but be sure that is acredited. If one of u in the family has lung scar or something i think u cn do the test. Waiting is killing. Haha

gm30

Dec 10, 2013
Hi eyelashes yes exactly. Has anyone done this?? I mean the hospital itself like as if u r a walk in customer. Then when u get ur medcal request tell the physician that you have already requested for a culture test on that same hosptal. At least instead of waiting for 2-3months ul only b waiting for say a mnth or less perhaps. Just a thought. :)

ferdzmigz

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
2131/ FSW backlog reduction pilot
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2013
Nomination.....
26-10-2012 ( BC-PNP )
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
10-06-2013
Med's Request
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
21--07-2013 w/ furtherance completed 25-10-2013
Passport Req..
10-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-12-2013
LANDED..........
April ' 2014 GOD willing...
gm30 said:
Hi eyelashes yes exactly. Has anyone done this?? I mean the hospital itself like as if u r a walk in customer. Then when u get ur medcal request tell the physician that you have already requested for a culture test on that same hosptal. At least instead of waiting for 2-3months ul only b waiting for say a mnth or less perhaps. Just a thought. :)
as Pebbles0402 has stated, only applicants who have request from CIC to undergo medical exam will be accepted by the DMPs, that's one of the requirements..

omph

Jan 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
Nomination.....
27-07-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
included
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
ECAS shows recvd 24-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
RPRF:28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
in God's time
hi Pebbles,
similarly, my daughter was diagnosed by our family pedia with Primary complex and is on her 2nd month of treatment now. my question is, how did the clinic find out that she has lung condition, or undergoing 6mos treatment? I mean, if the chest xray has no trace of it, whats the possibility of them knowing the history. We are eyeing to receive the medical request by the time she completes her 6 months medication.

thanks.

pebbles0402

Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2012
Doc's Request.
15-11-2012
Nomination.....
27-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
23-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
07-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2014
omph said:
hi Pebbles,
similarly, my daughter was diagnosed by our family pedia with Primary complex and is on her 2nd month of treatment now. my question is, how did the clinic find out that she has lung condition, or undergoing 6mos treatment? I mean, if the chest xray has no trace of it, whats the possibility of them knowing the history. We are eyeing to receive the medical request by the time she completes her 6 months medication.

thanks.
In the form that I filled out during our med exam, it had questions regarding our medical history and it asked about TB and such diseases. I had to disclose that information about my daughter because we got our medical request at the beginning of her treatment. If I didn't disclose it and got our visa while she was still in treatment, we might be denied entry when we attempt to land in Canada.

It is not advisable to keep pertinent and important information from the designated medical physician (DMP) because if they find out that information was withheld or any conditions were lied about, visa might not be granted.

There is nothing wrong with disclosing all information, you just have to be prepared. Provide all x-rays or tests done by your family pedia and also be ready with a detailed medical certificate from your doctor regarding the treatment done on your child. It has to include when she was diagnosed, when treatment was started, what meds were given with dosage and frequency. The DMP will determine what tests they need to do for their own records. Just follow what they ask of you because they know best.

I have been waiting for my daughter's treatment to end for the last 5 months and have seen all my contemporaries in the forums getting their visas and I can't help but wonder...if my daughter didn't get primary complex then we could be having our first white Christmas this year. No regrets though, because I believe everything happens for a reason and that God has a plan for us. :)

Good luck to you and God bless! :)

omph

Jan 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
Nomination.....
27-07-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
included
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
ECAS shows recvd 24-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
RPRF:28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
in God's time
thanks pebbles for the detailed response. indeed, i agree, everything happens for a reason. at least somehow im not really wishing for the expedited processing of our application, and waiting is not so much of a pain for now, cos we wanted to complete the treatment first prior to the medical request, (hopefully). good luck to our application..