+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

ellann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
andy_7830 said:
Hi Ms Ellan,

My Mother re did x ray on the same day of her Medical at St Lukes Global and few days later took sputum test. Your Husband might to undergo sputum test or clear the result.

Andy

Hi Ms Kylie,

It is beyond our control let's do what they want us to do. As what you mentioned on earlier posted. "Think possitive" Fight.

-Same-
Thanks God, my husband went to st lukes today and asked what was the problem with his first X-ray. the doc said it was clear but he wants to do the left oblique view and he did and waited for the result for an hour and comes out clear and blood test is ok na din daw.. Felt relieved!..

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband just finished his 3 day schedule for sputum test yesterday June 18. Finally they get his medical request form already and was advise to email them in 2 weeks to follow up if sputum is clear but they will be the one to update his file with the embassy.

I hope everything falls into the right track!

Drv

Jun 11, 2014
Hi friends, iread all your post.
My husband did sputum culture in february and after three month our timeline updated that medical have been recievd. After 10 days we recieved survillance letter showing that youhave inactive tb but they want to monitor my husband from cic. He asked public health of province. Doctor asked him to visit his hospital for further sputumtest. Is there something to worry? What process will be done during. Survillance?
Please advise me asap m getting worried.

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Drv said:
Hi friends, iread all your post.
My husband did sputum culture in february and after three month our timeline updated that medical have been recievd. After 10 days we recieved survillance letter showing that youhave inactive tb but they want to monitor my husband from cic. He asked public health of province. Doctor asked him to visit his hospital for further sputumtest. Is there something to worry? What process will be done during. Survillance?
Please advise me asap m getting worried.
What country are you from and did your husband received his visa already?

My cousin who came here last 2011 had a medical surveillance as well and there's nothing to worry about it coz they just want you to comply with all instructions once they're here in Canada. I just want to know, is your husband doing the sputum in Canada after arriving?

Drv

Jun 11, 2014
Hi there thank you for your concern
My husband is in canada. He already did his sputum n culture before three month for his medical furtherence. The result is inactive n cic send survillance. M also in canada havong student visa my medical is outstanding.

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Drv said:
Hi there thank you for your concern
My husband is in canada. He already did his sputum n culture before three month for his medical furtherence. The result is inactive n cic send survillance. M also in canada havong student visa my medical is outstanding.
I see...so there's nothing to worry and just need to comply. Like my cousin who needs to have pulmo check up once every 3mos I guess. And she's been here almost 3 yrs now and no problem at all.

Drv

Jun 11, 2014
Hii pat..
Do you have any idea what treatment they did with your friend while comply according to survillance..

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Drv said:
Hii pat..
Do you have any idea what treatment they did with your friend while comply according to survillance..

She wasn't asked to do any treatment but just to have a quarterly check for the whole 1 year and that you need to comply and show the doctor about the medical surveillance form.

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
pat1181 said:
She wasn't asked to do any treatment but just to have a quarterly check for the whole 1 year and that you need to comply and show the doctor about the medical surveillance form.
which check she had means xray or any other test?

ellann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
hu! another call from St lukes...i thought everything was ok na then just this 6pm manila time st lukes called again and ask my husband to go to ermita branch on thur for pulmonary evaluation. anybody who experience this?and what do they do. is there a fee..I feel anxious again. hope it will be okay.

andy_7830

Star Member
May 12, 2014
He might take sputum test. What happened to my mother are as follow medical May 30, 2014 twice chest xray, June 2, 2014 pulmo eval at St Lukes Ermita referred by St Luke's Global and sputum test June 4, 5 and 6. After a week you need to go back for smear result if negative then repeat chest xray on date provided by St Luke's on a pc of paper and ours dated Sept 1, 2014 if culture test turn negative. St Luke's never instruct my sis and mother to call them or they will call us only instructions was if we receive letter from Canadian Embassy before Sept 1, 2014 they need to bring that letter asap to St Luke's. We paid pulmo eval 1,600+, plus 2,625 for sputum test and 5,588 for additional fee for sputum studies all in php.

Andy