+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kylie said:
hello my husband did his medical last sept 2013..due to reason he has lung scar until now the test are not yet done. since its almos 10 months i received refusal letter last june because iom didnt communicate for the results of their patients..
Hi,
I looked at your other posts (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pulmonary-tuberculosisactiveinactivehistorysputum-tests6-mos-medication-t150897.0.html;msg3207833#msg3207833) - if the problem is IOM not communicating with the VO and thus the issuance of the refusal letter, and if IOM is the one hindering it, then, try to turn the process around. As you have been given 60days to respond, then correspond with the VO first, given the current issues with IOM.

List all the events from the time the medical exams were performed and the dates when these occurred, what instructions from the clinic were given (added tests etc.), the dates when your husband has repeated these tests, - all the events. Then send these to the VO in response to the refusal letter, thus showing your husband has been complying with the instructions of the clinic since the medical instructions have been issued, but there are repeated procedures being asked by the clinic that is extending the completion of the medicals which have been (to your opinion) unnecessary and unjustified.

It seems that the VO is only waiting for these from the RMO/clinic and nothing has been seen since - so it falls to you to make them aware of what is happening, to circumvent the clinic being the hindrance. This is to point out you have been compliant, but the non-communication is from the clinic. The objective right now is to get the VO to understand this, negate the reasons in the refusal, and buy more time for you to have the completion of the medical tests.

Good luck and all the best....

paguio

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
April 24, 2014 (date of approved SINP)
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014, Sept. 23, 2014, Jan 26, 2015 ECAS Shows medical recd.; Sept. 10, CIC request Med. re-assessment, Sept. 18, done with med. re-assessment, but then again my eldest need to undergo sputum, repeat x-ray and med. clearance to pulmo on Dec. 18. Finally, medical was submitted to CIC last December 23, 2015.
Interview........
No more interview :) RPRF req. and paid - Feb. 6, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan. 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
In God's grace...
LANDED..........
Already landed... Inland applicant
Good day!

Just want to ask, we have only 60 days to process our medical but I need to undergo sputum test. Do the clinic will be the one to communicate with the embassy or I should be the one to email? If I will be the one, can you help where to send the email?

Thank you in anticipation for your response.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
paguio said:
Good day!

Just want to ask, we have only 60 days to process our medical but I need to undergo sputum test. Do the clinic will be the one to communicate with the embassy or I should be the one to email? If I will be the one, can you help where to send the email?

Thank you in anticipation for your response.
Hi,

Would you check again your IME/MR letter again. Does it state that you have 60 days to make an appointment or schedule and have your IME or does it state you have 60 days to submit the medical results? :)

Nevertheless, you have 60 days in which to schedule and have a medical exam. That period does not include the transmittal of results to CIC. As long as you have undergone the medical exam within the timeframe given to you, you have complied to the instructions. Procedures of medical furtherance, or such as sputum test which is part of TB investigation - the period for these are not counted as part of the initial instructions for you to have a medical exam.

Clinic will be the one to transmit the results. See here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

.../atb

paguio

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
April 24, 2014 (date of approved SINP)
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014, Sept. 23, 2014, Jan 26, 2015 ECAS Shows medical recd.; Sept. 10, CIC request Med. re-assessment, Sept. 18, done with med. re-assessment, but then again my eldest need to undergo sputum, repeat x-ray and med. clearance to pulmo on Dec. 18. Finally, medical was submitted to CIC last December 23, 2015.
Interview........
No more interview :) RPRF req. and paid - Feb. 6, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan. 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
In God's grace...
LANDED..........
Already landed... Inland applicant
Thank you so much for answering my concern.

Yes, that's right we have only 60 days to make an appointment for our medical examination. I just got confused whether we need to advise the immigration about the additional sputum test, because when I asked the doctor, she told me to inform the immigration about the furtherance of our medical.

I hope you enlighten me more. :(

chie15

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All! I was cleared from my sputum test and had my xray repeated and was cleared already last May 12, it's been 2 months now and we have not received any progress for our application :(. Our ECAs already showed medical results received, what's next for us? Is it possible to make a follow up on our application? thanks

rcg

Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013 MPNP, CIC DEC 30, 2013
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
nov. 21, 2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2013 MPNP, CIC Feb 6, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
April 14, 2014/ RPRF Payment May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
April 25 and May 6, 2014
Interview........
mpnp sponsor Oct 30, 2013
Passport Req..
August 18, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 26, 2014, received September 5, 2014
LANDED..........
November 2014
chie15 said:
Hi All! I was cleared from my sputum test and had my xray repeated and was cleared already last May 12, it's been 2 months now and we have not received any progress for our application :(. Our ECAs already showed medical results received, what's next for us? Is it possible to make a follow up on our application? thanks
hello chie, from where are u and where is your visa office? Perhaps you could just email your VO, just to inform them that you already finish all thatis ask of you and ask if there are still documents you need to submit, just for them to look at your apps maybe then they will realize it is time for you to recieved a PPR.BTW did your ecas already in process?

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
paguio said:
Thank you so much for answering my concern.

Yes, that's right we have only 60 days to make an appointment for our medical examination. I just got confused whether we need to advise the immigration about the additional sputum test, because when I asked the doctor, she told me to inform the immigration about the furtherance of our medical.

I hope you enlighten me more. :(
Hi,

In an ideal scenario it would be the clinic informing the processing office (specifically the regional medical office/RMO) of the medical results and if there are additional tests needed. If medical furtherance is needed, then the processing office will notify you officially. However, we know there are and will be communication gaps in between these agencies, even though we do not expect these to exist. So it falls under the applicant to make ways to ensure the messages get relayed - as your doctor mentioned you to inform the processing office, you can send the VO a message, stating the medical examination has been conducted, and that you were advised by the panel physician that there were additional tests needed.

That would then satisfy the two needs here:
1) for you to have a medical examination (by notifying the VO that this has been done, you have fulfilled that requirement within 60days)
2) for you to inform the VO of the additonal sputum test/medical tests (as instructed by the doctor/panel physician)

.../atb

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just an update with my husband and kid's medical.

They did their medical June 4 at IOM, then husband took the sputum test last June 16,17,18.

I followed up with IOM and asked the status for my kids. And they emailed me that they submitted my kids medical last June 25th. And my husband will follow up the result on August 20th (fingers crossed that everything will turn out clear and negative).

chie15

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rcg said:
hello chie, from where are u and where is your visa office? Perhaps you could just email your VO, just to inform them that you already finish all thatis ask of you and ask if there are still documents you need to submit, just for them to look at your apps maybe then they will realize it is time for you to recieved a PPR.BTW did your ecas already in process?
My husband is based in Saskatchewan..our docs were submitted in nova scotia...we have a consultant taking care of our docs..perhaps we can ask him to email our VO? Our ecas only shows Application received and Medical results received...thanks for the reply!

Drv

Jun 11, 2014
Hii everyone..
My husband get survilliance letter for inactive tb while our file is in process. I have question that cic will wait for completion of the survilliance? Or they will continue the process? Please guideme. I m getting worried.

chie15

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chie15 said:
My husband is based in Saskatchewan..our docs were submitted in nova scotia...we have a consultant taking care of our docs..perhaps we can ask him to email our VO? Our ecas only shows Application received and Medical results received...thanks for the reply!
Our ECAS was updated, now shows they've started processing our application July 15, 2014..hopeful we will get our PPR soon!!

Drv

Jun 11, 2014
Hii chiee15
Can you please explain your process because we have same scenario. My husband get survilliance? Did u get that?

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Drv said:
Hii chiee15
Can you please explain your process because we have same scenario. My husband get survilliance? Did u get that?
Hi Drv,

So you your husband is done with his sputum test and still waiting for the result and he suddenly received a surveillance? Can you clarify or make it more specific?

Thanks!

Kylie

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
After 11 months of long time waiting.....did everything! Now the embassy wants my partner, husband do 6 months medication, everything is crap, they should tell the patient the first time ti do 6 months medication. He did all the test. After that 6 months medication... It should be be medication first and then xray, sputum culture. IOM SUCKS!

Drv

Jun 11, 2014
Hi pat. He did all sputum n culture in february and after that our status updated with "medical received " on may. Than in july we got surveillance letter. We visited public health today and they said that he has to pass through sputum test and skin test again. So i have question that cic will wait for the report of surveillance or they will continue their process. I got confused . I cant getting process steps.