+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD

ajseekshelp

Sep 25, 2021
Any idea on what is the usual validity of the PRTD?

I understand that it is for one time travel without PR card. I am looking for a fallback option just in case PR Card takes way too long.

Nick89

Jan 25, 2017
Just updating that I have received passport request for PRTD document (urgent processing) today.
Applied : 7th Feb
PPR : 10th Feb
I will be travelling to India tomorrow so going to submit my passport next week.
All the best to everyone !!
Hi Narang89, Could you please update us the current status. I was wondering if you have received your passport back with PRTD without any issue. I am going through a similar situation and thinking about applying PRTD from inside Canada.

Narang89

Nov 6, 2017
Hi Narang89, Could you please update us the current status. I was wondering if you have received your passport back with PRTD without any issue. I am going through a similar situation and thinking about applying PRTD from inside Canada.
Sorry for the delay. Yes my wife received her PRTD on 23rd feb while she submitted her passport on 14th feb. No issues and everything in order. So go ahead and apply 2 weeks before travel but only if you have confirmed tickets booked earlier.
All the best to everyone :)

Khuranaa

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Would you able to help me for filling IMM 5444.

How did you answer 5.1 Have you travelled or lived outside of Canada in the past five (5) years?

I never left Canada after my original date of entry and my doubt is if its after becoming PR

Sorry for the delay. Yes my wife received her PRTD on 23rd feb while she submitted her passport on 14th feb. No issues and everything in order. So go ahead and apply 2 weeks before travel but only if you have confirmed tickets booked earlier.
All the best to everyone :)

Narang89

Nov 6, 2017
Would you able to help me for filling IMM 5444.

How did you answer 5.1 Have you travelled or lived outside of Canada in the past five (5) years?

I never left Canada after my original date of entry and my doubt is if its after becoming PR
This is after becoming PR how many days outside canada so if its 0 keep it 0

Dpatel97

Mar 2, 2023
- How may I find the MP and their contact, as I was never in need of it. I was living in Montreal.
- For PRTD, there was an option on online portal to check for urgent, so I checked It and uploaded the travel itinerary. I hope I should hear soon in 2 weeks as I am traveling back in 3 weeks from now, but not sure what will happen. This is what causing me stressed.
- I have sent an email to delhi@international.gc.ca informing lost card as it is one of the visa office, however, i am not sure which optoin to select when sending webform as it will ask application number and I did get not one after online PRTD submission.

Thank you so much for your inputs.

I have made an application for PRTD almost 2 weeks ago, but somehow they are sending my application back saying it's incomplete. They have done that twice now, is there any way to contact them or any other way to overcome this issue? Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA

ddns

Jun 28, 2019
Hello everyone! These forums have been very helpful to me and I want share my experience and timeline to help others.

I applied for my wife's PRTD as Urgent using the portal. We have confirmed return tickets to India and were advised by the IRCC agent that we can apply upto 2 weeks before leaving Canada since we have confirmed return tickets ( I am aware that the IRCC website says you need to be outside canada, but I called IRCC multiple times and even spoke to the same agent twice to confirm that its okay to apply two weeks before leaving Canada becase we have return tickets).

Timeline:
29th January 2023 - applied for PRTD (urgent)
2nd February 2023 - Received passport request letter
14th February 2023 - Will be reach Delhi (India) and submitting passport at VFS (VAC) for PRTD stamping.

Will make sure to update the timeline with future updates after VFS processing.

Note: There is a known glitch in the PRTD portal where after submitting the PRTD application - If the status is 'submitted' and View button is disabled but there is a Return Reason - "Wrong application". This is a glitch IF your status is submitted and view button is disabled. However if your status is "returned" or View button is active it is not be a glitch and you might have to take action on your application. Hope this is helpful. Thanks
Hello, about the glitch you mentioned. My status shows "submitted" and the view is disabled. Is that normal or do I need to take any action on my PRTD?

Mike442

Feb 7, 2023
Hi,
My initial pr card application is undergoing. So, do I need to make new account on pr portal to apply for prtd?

kirk1978

Mar 9, 2023
Hello, about the glitch you mentioned. My status shows "submitted" and the view is disabled. Is that normal or do I need to take any action on my PRTD?
I am wondering the exact same question, and my wife's applicatoin for PRTD has been submitted a LONG time ago, (2nd half of Dec 2022) and it is still saying "submitted" and view disabled. (no return reason, it is empty still).
should we wait or should we do something?

ddns

Jun 28, 2019
This might help anyone trying to apply for PRTD.

Applied online through the new PR portal for PRTD as follows:
Submitted PRTD Application (non-urgent) - March 4, 2023. Status shows submitted, Return Reason is empty, View button is disabled.

Linked my PRTD application on the GCKEY. Selected PR Card under application type, used my UCI and Surname as identifiers. After that, you can see your PRTD application number

PPR - March 9, 2023.

Submitted PPT at VAC March 10, 2023.

I was told at VAC that passport will be returned in about a week

ddns

Jun 28, 2019
I am wondering the exact same question, and my wife's applicatoin for PRTD has been submitted a LONG time ago, (2nd half of Dec 2022) and it is still saying "submitted" and view disabled. (no return reason, it is empty still).
should we wait or should we do something?
see my update in the thread. Submitted, No Return Reason, View Button disabled all seem to be normal. You may want to link your PRTD through your GCKEY to be able to get application number and raise webform to inquire about your PRTD

ddns

Jun 28, 2019
This might help anyone trying to apply for PRTD.

Applied online through the new PR portal for PRTD as follows:
Submitted PRTD Application (non-urgent) - March 4, 2023. Status shows submitted, Return Reason is empty, View button is disabled.

Linked my PRTD application on the GCKEY. Selected PR Card under application type, used my UCI and Surname as identifiers. After that, you can see your PRTD application number

PPR - March 9, 2023.

Submitted PPT at VAC March 10, 2023.

I was told at VAC that passport will be returned in about a week
Update: Passport with PRTD VISA received on March 14, 2023 valid for one year multiple entry.
No change in online PRTD portal. still shows submitted and view button disabled.

kirk1978

Mar 9, 2023
see my update in the thread. Submitted, No Return Reason, View Button disabled all seem to be normal. You may want to link your PRTD through your GCKEY to be able to get application number and raise webform to inquire about your PRTD
Hmm something is not right.. with the UCI and surname, it said it can't find the application. Lost in the matrix I guess?

Neuro

Jul 17, 2021
Hmm something is not right.. with the UCI and surname, it said it can't find the application. Lost in the matrix I guess?
Fill in place of birth exactly as it is in your passport. Try filling different options like name of the district or town or city only or as it is mentioned in the passport.