+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD

Umangi Nayak

Jan 14, 2024
Hello All,
My husband is in canada from October 2023 and waiting for his first PR card which is still not recieved. He has booked his ticket for india and leaving on 8 Feb 2024 and returning on 20 Feb 2024 for his medical surgery. We have already applied for urgent reqest of PR card.
kindly suggest can we apply PRTD inside canada?

faiqsheikh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
Hello guys,

I applied for my mother's PR renewal card on dated 15 May 2023, and still we are waiting for the same. No. of days has not been completed just because of health issue and covid-19. She visited in March 2023, till dated she is in Edmonton, Canada. (More than 370 days)

- After 08 months, on 28 December 2023, we received an email from IRCC office in order to resubmit photo and updated address.
- On 04th January 2024, photo received by officer confirmed by courier.
- On 13th February 2024, that PHOTO has been received and case is under review. In this regard, we approached to MPA office and got update on dated 29th February, through MPA office that:

' FILE TRANSFERED TO MONTREAL OFFICE FOR RESIDENCY OBLIGATION REVIEW"

' NO PROCESSING TIME APPLIES TO THE THIS APPLICATION'

Please do help me in this regard as how long would it take to process the same once the file has been forwarded to Montreal office.

Secondly, my mother needs to go to home country in first week of April. Is it safe to go without PR card and return to Canada with PRTD document.

Will she easily get PRTD document as case is under review.

faiqsheikh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
I applied for URGENT PRTD from INSIDE CANADA ONLINE.

Date Submitted: Feb 7, 2023

Passport Request: Feb 10, 2023

Background:

• My PR card expires on March 13, 2023.

• Leaving Canada: Feb 26, 2023 Returning: March 27, 2023

• I also have a PR card renewal application pending. I applied for a PRTD because I don't think my PR card will make it in time for my flight. (mentioned in explanation letter on application)

•On the application form IMM5444, I declared that I have not left Canada in the past 5 years. (Residency obligation proof like T4 and NOA, passport pages provided in application)

•On the declaration and consent form, I declared I am still IN CANADA. (There is a check box. If you choose outside Canada, it will let you go back to the Residency Obligation section on your application to reflect dates when you left the country, which I already ticked the option that I have not been outside Canada in the past 5 years.)

A few things I added on my application to prove my urgent request (other than the required):

•My flight details. (Flight itinerary attached)

•Serious illness of a family member (medical notes)

•An explanation letter (again mentioning my travel dates & the need for urgency)

•On the application form, I provided my out-of-country address.

I will be sending my passport to the nearest VAC as soon as I arrive at my destination. I have 30 days from the passport request date to do it. I will update as soon as I move along with the process.

Update:

March 2, 2023- sent my passport to VAC for PRTD.

March 5,2023- was informed I paid the incorrect amount for the VAC fee. Paid the correct fee the same day.

March 15, 2023- Passport sent back to me with PRTD foil valid until 2024.

Hello bro,

I applied for my mother's PR renewal card on dated 15 May 2023, and still we are waiting for the same. No. of days has not been completed just because of health issue and covid-19. She visited in March 2023, till dated she is in Edmonton, Canada. (More than 370 days)

- After 08 months, on 28 December 2023, we received an email from IRCC office in order to resubmit photo and updated address.
- On 04th January 2024, photo received by officer confirmed by courier.
- On 13th February 2024, that PHOTO has been received and case is under review. In this regard, we approached to MPA office and got update on dated 29th February, through MPA office that:

' FILE TRANSFERED TO MONTREAL OFFICE FOR RESIDENCY OBLIGATION REVIEW"

' NO PROCESSING TIME APPLIES TO THE THIS APPLICATION'

Please do help me in this regard as how long would it take to process the same once the file has been forwarded to Montreal office.

Secondly, my mother needs to go to home country in first week of April. Is it safe to go without PR card and return to Canada with PRTD document.

Will she easily get PRTD document inside in Canada.