+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD

Alt_232

Jun 8, 2022
I applied from Canada before leaving on December 31, passport request on January 12
Hi Arshdeep!

Quick question for you, would be very grateful for a response.
I am in a situation where my wife has not received her first PR card and we are booked to travel to India on Feb 12th. I was advised by IRCC agent that if I have confirmed travel tickets, I can apply for PRTD two weeks before leaving Canada. Were you advised something similar by IRCC? How much in advance before leaving canada did you apply for PRTD?

Qasim Idrees

Jan 7, 2023
Lahore pakistan
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Global talent stream
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Truck driver
Doc's Request.
26 January 2023
I'm driving with heavy Vehicle transportation

Ashdeep

Jul 19, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Arshdeep!

Quick question for you, would be very grateful for a response.
I am in a situation where my wife has not received her first PR card and we are booked to travel to India on Feb 12th. I was advised by IRCC agent that if I have confirmed travel tickets, I can apply for PRTD two weeks before leaving Canada. Were you advised something similar by IRCC? How much in advance before leaving canada did you apply for PRTD?
I applied for about 2 weeks before leaving timelines are
Applied on Dec 31
Passport request at Delhi office- January 12
travelled to Delhi from Canada- January 15
Passport submission at Delhi- January 17
Passport received at Jaipur- January 24
( I was told by Immigration Canada that I can apply before leaving Canada)

Reactions: sahibo

Alt_232

Jun 8, 2022
Applied on Dec 31
Thank you so much for your response! Truly appreciate it. I am also told by IRCC that I can apply two weeks before leaving Canada .
Could you also tell me the list of all documents/proofs you provided for urgent PRTD processing?
Thanks in advance again!

Ashdeep

Jul 19, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much for your response! Truly appreciate it. I am also told by IRCC that I can apply two weeks before leaving Canada .
Could you also tell me the list of all documents/proofs you provided for urgent PRTD processing?
Thanks in advance again!
It was not much just photo and form which is in prtd portal and all pages of passport and government ID.

andikeep2580

Jan 12, 2009
Applied on Dec 31
Hi Ashdeep

I'm in a similar situation and have a question. When you say CIC advised you to apply 2 weeks before you leave Canada, was this from a webform or did you call them? Should I just explain my situation and ask them if I can do the same?

Thanks

Last edited:

Narang89

Nov 6, 2017
Hi Ashdeep

I'm in a similar situation and have a question. When you say CIC advised you to apply 2 weeks before you leave Canada, was this from a webform or did you call them? Should I just explain my situation and ask them if I can do the same?

Thanks
Hi, we are in a similar situation as well. Just wanted to check did you apply online for urgent request ? And did we check I am outside Canada if we are travelling in next 2 weeks ? We are travelling to India on 11th feb and my wife received her ecopr yesterday (27th Jan). We have a return ticket and obligation to come back on 18th March due to office situation. Do you think that will be counted as urgent request ?
please let me know

legaltrr

Star Member
Jan 18, 2023
How many months will you be outside Canada? Do you meet your RO?
Hi, i became a PR in Nov 2022, did my soft landing and now planning to move to canada in Aug 2023.
Got a photo resubmission request, not sure how long the PR card will take and then there is also a question of getting it delivered here, thats why looking for a backup plan.

Alt_232

Jun 8, 2022
Hello everyone! These forums have been very helpful to me and I want share my experience and timeline to help others.

I applied for my wife's PRTD as Urgent using the portal. We have confirmed return tickets to India and were advised by the IRCC agent that we can apply upto 2 weeks before leaving Canada since we have confirmed return tickets ( I am aware that the IRCC website says you need to be outside canada, but I called IRCC multiple times and even spoke to the same agent twice to confirm that its okay to apply two weeks before leaving Canada becase we have return tickets).

Timeline:
29th January 2023 - applied for PRTD (urgent)
2nd February 2023 - Received passport request letter
14th February 2023 - Will be reach Delhi (India) and submitting passport at VFS (VAC) for PRTD stamping.

Will make sure to update the timeline with future updates after VFS processing.

Note: There is a known glitch in the PRTD portal where after submitting the PRTD application - If the status is 'submitted' and View button is disabled but there is a Return Reason - "Wrong application". This is a glitch IF your status is submitted and view button is disabled. However if your status is "returned" or View button is active it is not be a glitch and you might have to take action on your application. Hope this is helpful. Thanks

Narang89

Nov 6, 2017
Hello everyone! These forums have been very helpful to me and I want share my experience and timeline to help others.

I applied for my wife's PRTD as Urgent using the portal. We have confirmed return tickets to India and were advised by the IRCC agent that we can apply upto 2 weeks before leaving Canada since we have confirmed return tickets ( I am aware that the IRCC website says you need to be outside canada, but I called IRCC multiple times and even spoke to the same agent twice to confirm that its okay to apply two weeks before leaving Canada becase we have return tickets).

Timeline:
29th January 2023 - applied for PRTD (urgent)
2nd February 2023 - Received passport request letter
14th February 2023 - Will be reach Delhi (India) and submitting passport at VFS (VAC) for PRTD stamping.

Will make sure to update the timeline with future updates after VFS processing.

Note: There is a known glitch in the PRTD portal where after submitting the PRTD application - If the status is 'submitted' and View button is disabled but there is a Return Reason - "Wrong application". This is a glitch IF your status is submitted and view button is disabled. However if your status is "returned" or View button is active it is not be a glitch and you might have to take action on your application. Hope this is helpful. Thanks
This is super useful man. Thank you so much. I am travelling on 11th feb so will apply in the portal today. Just one thing if you can confirm for urgent processing just tickets was enough or you provided some solid reasoning. For us its my wife office commitment so can we just write in explanation ?
Really appreciate yiur quick response

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, i became a PR in Nov 2022, did my soft landing and now planning to move to canada in Aug 2023.
Got a photo resubmission request, not sure how long the PR card will take and then there is also a question of getting it delivered here, thats why looking for a backup plan.
You can’t have PR card sent abroad directly from the Canadian government. The government only sends PR cards to aCanadian address.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is super useful man. Thank you so much. I am travelling on 11th feb so will apply in the portal today. Just one thing if you can confirm for urgent processing just tickets was enough or you provided some solid reasoning. For us its my wife office commitment so can we just write in explanation ?
Really appreciate yiur quick response
Applying before you leave Canada is either a new policy or incorrect information. Unfortunately the customer service line at IRCC is often incorrect so it will be interesting to hear what happens.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applying before you leave Canada is either a new policy or incorrect information. Unfortunately the customer service line at IRCC is often incorrect so it will be interesting to hear what happens.
Agreed! Hopefully @Narang89 will update this thread to share what happened.