+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD

Tommo56

Sep 7, 2018
Hey guys, I had my landing interview the other day and am now a PR, however i have to fly home to australia for a wedding before my PR card arrives. I was going to drive to the states and fly from there, but the lady at my landing interview said there is a process I can go through with the embassy in Sydney, Australia to get a document to be able to fly back to Canada without my PR card. Does anyone have any information on what this is?

redpanda505

Sep 27, 2017
Hey guys, I had my landing interview the other day and am now a PR, however i have to fly home to australia for a wedding before my PR card arrives. I was going to drive to the states and fly from there, but the lady at my landing interview said there is a process I can go through with the embassy in Sydney, Australia to get a document to be able to fly back to Canada without my PR card. Does anyone have any information on what this is?
Hey what did you end up doing?? I'm stuck in the same position but anyway have my flight to vancouver booked!

Will_PA

Sep 3, 2017
(You didn't reply to me but I was one of the posters above)

I went to the High Commission in London and applied for a PRTD - it took nearly a week. Depending on which country you are currently in this is the safest option - go to your local Canadian embassy.

JMZO

Jul 5, 2019
(You didn't reply to me but I was one of the posters above)

I went to the High Commission in London and applied for a PRTD - it took nearly a week. Depending on which country you are currently in this is the safest option - go to your local Canadian embassy.
Thank you. That’s helpful. I will probably just do that then, as soon as I arrive.