Jun 3, 2017
India
Nomination.....
NA
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 12 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 19 2018
Hello All, Update on my status ! Landed as a PR on Feb 27th 2018. Got request for new photos on April 16th. Travelled to India on May 12th and submitted PRTD application on May 14th @ Chennai VFS. Got the passport back on May 23rd with two years PRTD - multiple entry. Good luck !
Did you engage any agent or did you get this done on your own?

harpreet81

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
09-11-2010
IELTS Request
Scored 7.5
File Transfer...
14-10-2011 To Seattle
No, I did not take any prior appointment at VFS Chennai.
There is usually long lineups at VFS office for first time applicants/visitor visas etc...
Do we need to stand in line or there is an easier option for permanent residents/PRTD applicants? I mean just walkin/direct entry?

samy_8789

Jun 23, 2018
Hi,

I just received my PR and I’m planning to land in Toronto in the coming months. However, I will be moving back to India in the same month after activating my PR. This is because I have my work obligations here and can permanently move to Canada only next year in 2019.

I have the below questions:

1. If I manage to receive my PR card in India (through post or friends), can I use it to go back to Canada next year? Or should I apply for PRTD?
  2. I have heard that using a PR card first time to enter into Canada could create issues because the card wasn’t used to exit the country in the first place. Has anyone faced an issue while doing so?
  3. In case I apply for PRTD, is there a risk that they won’t issue me the same because I left without having my PR card? What reasons should I be giving while applying for PRTD that would not lead to any rejections from the visa office?

Please advise!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I just received my PR and I’m planning to land in Toronto in the coming months. However, I will be moving back to India in the same month after activating my PR. This is because I have my work obligations here and can permanently move to Canada only next year in 2019.

1. If I manage to receive my PR card in India (through post or friends), can I use it to go back to Canada next year? Or should I apply for PRTD?
  2. I have heard that using a PR card first time to enter into Canada could create issues because the card wasn’t used to exit the country in the first place. Has anyone faced an issue while doing so?
  3. In case I apply for PRTD, is there a risk that they won’t issue me the same because I left without having my PR card? What reasons should I be giving while applying for PRTD that would not lead to any rejections from the visa office?

Please advise!
Hi,

Please advise!
1. Yes you can use your PR card next year. No need for a PRTD.

2. Totally false. PR card does not get checked when leaving Canada. It is only a travel document to enter Canada.

3. No problem getting a PRTD as long as you do it before you have spent 3 years out of Canada. Make sure you give yourself a few months because some offices seem to take a long time to issue PRTDs.

mandyshine2009

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
HELPFUL TIP IF APPLYING FROM NEPAL AND INDIA:

1) Download and type the "entry exit form" correctly. (This is very important if you have lot of travel history) (save your time in vfs)
2) Download and type the "family information form" correctly. (Save your time in vfs)
3) Avoid 50x70mm photo, even though ircc post 50x70mm photo, vfs will reject the photo and tell you to bring 35x45mm photo with 31 to 35 or 36 chin to crown.
4) Sign all documents which requires a signature.

Good luck.

mandyshine2009

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Update: PRTD approved in 14 days. It's for a 7 years old pr.

New delhi.

So the thing is no matter if you are a new pr or old pr if you meet residency obligation and launch a application you should expect around 10-15 days to receive the prtd.

(Exception: Humanitarian and Compassionate cases take longer may be 1-3 years.)

Hope it helped.

Last edited:

Harpreet Singh Monga

Jul 26, 2018
Amritsar
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
I landed on august 13, 2018 and due to official emergency i had to return on 16th august, 2018.. Now i want to return to Canada by October 2018 permanently..though my first pr card application is still in progress... Can i apply for PRTD on august 22, 2018, so that i can fly in October

Rsca

Sep 5, 2018
Hello!

I have a query. I will be landing in Toronto on 1st Feb, 2019 and would have to leave for India in a week and since by then I wouldn't be getting PR card, will have to apply PRTD from India.
I have two questions :
1. Since my stay in Canada would just be 7 days, how will I prove the residency obligation for PRTD?
2. Can I apply for a PRTD in USA and use it for flight from India to Toronto?

Kindly help!

Thank you.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hello!

I have a query. I will be landing in Toronto on 1st Feb, 2019 and would have to leave for India in a week and since by then I wouldn't be getting PR card, will have to apply PRTD from India.
I have two questions :
1. Since my stay in Canada would just be 7 days, how will I prove the residency obligation for PRTD?
2. Can I apply for a PRTD in USA and use it for flight from India to Toronto?

Kindly help!

Thank you.
1. If you've only recently become a PR your copr suffices as proof of RO
2. Yes. Prtd issued anywhere can be used to take flight from anywhere into Canada. But be aware of the processing time..takes anywhere between 5 if you are lucky to 20+ days to get PRTD especially getting into holiday season now

Rsca

Sep 5, 2018
1. If you've only recently become a PR your copr suffices as proof of RO
2. Yes. Prtd issued anywhere can be used to take flight from anywhere into Canada. But be aware of the processing time..takes anywhere between 5 if you are lucky to 20+ days to get PRTD especially getting into holiday season now
Oh thank you!

Rsca

Sep 5, 2018
Hello guys!

I would be applying for PRTD from India and I am a new PR and had to leave before PR card arrived.
I have two questions -
1. People say that it's good to show bank statement etc. as proof of residence in Canada, but I would be in Canads for just a week, I can open a bank account there in that period but for a bank statement, wouldn't I need at least a month?
As if not this, I would be getting my SIN. And that is the only proof of residence I would have to give. What to do?

2. In the PRTD form given on CIC website, it's written that if your stay in Canada is greater or equal to 730 days, you comply with the residency obligation and skip to Declaration and if you don't you might not get it?
How should I fill this section of the form considering I am a new PR and would have stayed in Canada for hardly a week!?

Please help!
Thank you