+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD online application via PR portal

Samrao100

Mar 13, 2022
I just replied on email with scanned copies. Afterward I raised the webform also. Got PRTD . I never sent the physical documents.
I did so too, also physically mailed proofs of RO to the Bengaluru Consulate General. Still waiting, mine might take time I guess since just 2 days (732) meeting RO, so they got to check entry records w CBSA & exit records for last 5 years only by getting passenger lists from each & every airline, takes a month I believe. I “THINK” my reply to the IRCC email asking for detailed Proof of RO went thru; I’d ccd that to the Delhi & Bengaluru Consulate Generals too (those didn’t go through to their listed email addresses, size too big so bounced back… after all , nearly 25MB of attachments) , but … maybe your situation was easy to verify? Meeting RO with lots of margin? And u got PRTD right away?

manpreet4875

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Got the same email request to submit scanned copies. I guess i will do both as well. When submitting from webform, I don't see the PRTD application type, what did you choose? use PR card instead ? ('Permanent Resident Card‘ and then 'Permanent Resident Card - renewal and replacement'?) How long did it take for you to get the passport request after submitting the scanned copies? Many thanks
Yes You need to select PR card

Reactions: castol

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
Hello!!
Hope all is well.

I applied for PRTD online via PR Portal, the status shows submitted but under the return column, it mentions incomplete application however, the View button is disabled.
Is this normal?

hruday02

Jan 10, 2023
Hello!!
Hope all is well.

I applied for PRTD online via PR Portal, the status shows submitted but under the return column, it mentions incomplete application however, the View button is disabled.
Is this normal?
It seems to be a Glitch. So wait for processing your application.

SS@RS

Mar 23, 2023
Hi all, just thought I would share my experience as it may help someone.

My husband and I applied for our PRTD's via the PR Portal, the first few attempts were rejected almost instantly with no reasons. After reading several forums we learnt what to look out for and we were successful on our 6th attempt.

For some reason attaching the use of representatives form kept returning our application. On the 6th attempt we submitted our application without the use of representative form and everything worked perfectly. It's also important that your application reflects submitted and the view button should be lowlighted. With our 1st - 5th attempts, we were always able to view the documents, that's how we established something was wrong.

We submitted our application on the 20th of January.
Got our PPR on the 26th of January.
Sent off our passports on the 27th of January and it was received by VFS on the 30th of January.
VFS then returned our passports with our visas attached on the 3rd of February.

Wishing you all well.
Hi, did you submit an urgent PRTD application? What kind of proof do we need to provide for PRTD applications, I mean I am confused about the Letter of explanation requirement .

ranaxes

Feb 14, 2023
Hello everyone,

I am leaving Canada for a month next Wednesday and my PR Card that I applied for renewal back in early January never came which means I would have to apply for PRTD. As stated on previous comments here, some people applied while inside Canada. Is it totally safe to do so? or is it too risky? Also is having just my flight tickets and work obligations here in Canada considered urgent? or they're both considered non-urgent?

Just to be on the safe side, I have uploaded these as my proofs that I meet my RO (been PR since September 2009 and citizenship application has been going on for 1 year and 3 months but that's totally different story) in my online application:

- Notice of Assessments from the last 5 years
- Record of Employment (since 2016)
- Proof of Income from the past 2 years
- Phone bills from the past 3 years
- Bank statements from the past 3 years

I've also attached a letter of explanation on why I would need to return to Canada.

I hope I am doing this right as I am very nervous right now

suzan251081

May 21, 2019
Med's Done....
2/11/2022
Passport Req..
21/09/2022
Hi,

Anyone who has applied for PRTD outside Canada?, just wanted to know how long it take with the new online portal.

I applied on 31st March 2023 still waiting for the passport request from my VAC .

bahana89

May 6, 2021
Applied PRTD on March 18 From India. No updates yet.
hi, did you get any response yet. I submitted on April 11th and no response yet. Did you get any email confirmation once you submitted the application. I only got an email once we initiated the application but nothing on the submission. Also, do you know if the application is processed in Canada or in the home country of the applicant.

ajawfer

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Hello!!
Hope all is well.

Is this normal?
Was this resolved. I am also facing a similar issue:

Applied for my Wife on the 19th April
Today 26th April I see there is an update on the status stating incomplete application.

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
Was this resolved. I am also facing a similar issue:

Applied for my Wife on the 19th April
Today 26th April I see there is an update on the status stating incomplete application.
Hi,
yes, I waited for a week and got email for PPR.