+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prtd application

IlonaTovmas

Oct 8, 2022
There may be a list of documents you can provide to cross the land border without a valid PR card but in general an expired PR card or your landing document are the most common. Proof of your appointment to pick up your PR card or proof that you have applied to renew your PR card is additional proof. You are still crossing without a valid PR card so need to show that you have met your RO in order to not get reported for failing to meet RO. This is why you should have proof that you have been living abroad with Canadian citizens for over 730 days in the past 5 years.

When you have an appointment to pick up a new PR card it is more complex than just picking up a card. They usually review your application with you and review your passport to see that you have continued to meet your RO before handing you your new PR card. If someone hasn’t continued to meet their RO they can get reported. The appointment for pick-up is slightly misleading. Most assume they will just collect the PR card from a front desk like picking up a package at the post office.
I have all the comfirmation letter yhat I have applied for PR renewal card

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I read at cic.gc.ca that I can use other document? You mean during the appointment they will ask me to provide a proof that I was living with my husband or kids? I have already applied for PR Card Renewal now I have to collect it, i have submitted my husband's passport with all stamps that we left Canada together, my kids' passport also as a proof that we left together, so I have three Canadian Citizens with whom I leave abroad. It is my third time that I am renewin my PR Card. I want now to be sure that I can cross the border by private car with my expired PR Card using instead Driver license for example.
Yes you can cross the border with your expired PR card. By private car or walking across.

Reactions: IlonaTovmas

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How should I prove that I live with myy husband and kids in Canada ?
You should have had to include proof with your PR renewal so whatever you included as proof for that application but things like your bank ststements with each of your names and addresses, other bills, proof of employment in same cities, etc.

sunny soni

Oct 7, 2019
Hi Experts..

I need some help.. I sent my application for PRTD through email but it came back after 1 week mentioning the reason that PRTD should be applied visa online portal or through VAC.. My VAC is in Punjab in India.. I am trying to fill the 5 year address history but its giving me an error as "
Please leave no gaps in your address history "..
I am sure that I have no gaps and no over-written any date... I have cleared cache and history of Chrome and Mozilla Browser.. Please reply.. I have my flight back to Canada on Nov. 22 /2022.. I have more than 1500 days in canada in last 5 years..

Tons of thanks in advance..

Reactions: Linear M

Linear M

Mar 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
can we apply on PRTD portal a month in advance before expiry of PR card, or do we wait for PR card to expire first ? (outside Canada )

Linear M

Mar 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Also can we apply on the portal for all family members (minor/adult) together, like 4application for PRTD in one account. the account that we register on portal.

muggle

Nov 8, 2022
No problem. It's a new system that was just released on the PR portal so people don't know about it.
Hi. Can you please share your timelines for the online portal? Like how long did it take to get passport request and when did u receive your passport? Also, did you submit pictures on the online portal?
Thank you so much, would really appreciate a reply since I'm considering whether applying through VAC or online portal is faster and have to decide quickly.

muggle

Nov 8, 2022
Hi
Hi Experts..

I need some help.. I sent my application for PRTD through email but it came back after 1 week mentioning the reason that PRTD should be applied visa online portal or through VAC.. My VAC is in Punjab in India.. I am trying to fill the 5 year address history but its giving me an error as "
Please leave no gaps in your address history "..
I am sure that I have no gaps and no over-written any date... I have cleared cache and history of Chrome and Mozilla Browser.. Please reply.. I have my flight back to Canada on Nov. 22 /2022.. I have more than 1500 days in canada in last 5 years..

Tons of thanks in advance..
Hi. Any updates on your application?