+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prtd application

Mosay

Jun 9, 2022
I don't think so.

Personally I think better to NOT invoke an H&C reason when there is no H&C issue - only reiterate that you are a new PR and hence in compliance. But what's done is done.
Is there anyway I can undo that? Like my first application is through PR portal raising another one through mail?

Mosay

Jun 9, 2022
Bu selecting H&C your application will be sorted with other H&C applications and theH&C applications have much longer processing times. You should apply for a regular PRTD.
What is the current timelines for H&C applications?

vjdua

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
I m not able to cancel the previous application through PR portal. And in instructions it is mentioned that not to create 2 applications. I think I am stuck now.
It would be better for you to raise a web enquiry and state your urgency. I am not sure if there is any restrictions for Indians to use PR Portal for PRTD. You have alrady made your application on the portal and it was submitted. the covid ircc email is for applications made on email and your reminder or request will not find a link, therefore, web form enquiry is the best option for you and you raise this under urgent processing of PR Card.

Reactions: Mosay

Mosay

Jun 9, 2022
It would be better for you to raise a web enquiry and state your urgency. I am not sure if there is any restrictions for Indians to use PR Portal for PRTD. You have alrady made your application on the portal and it was submitted. the covid ircc email is for applications made on email and your reminder or request will not find a link, therefore, web form enquiry is the best option for you and you raise this under urgent processing of PR Card.
Thank you so much. As per the circumstances, this seems to be the best way to get it done. I just hope I get through. Thanks again @vjdua

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,pls can you give me a detailed info about you wrote. Can I enter by using a land border if my PR has been expired month ago?
PR doesn’t expire PR cards do. Are you compliant with your RO? How many days have you spent in Canada during the past 5 years?

IlonaTovmas

Oct 8, 2022
PR doesn’t expire PR cards do. Are you compliant with your RO? How many days have you spent in Canada during the past 5 years?
I have applied for a renewal of my PR card in June, but then I have to fly so now my PR Card has expired on 22.09 and now i have to travel back and need to apply for PRTD or i read on cic.gc.ca that I can enter Canada on private vehicle by providing other documents, I have valid driver license and also medical insurance card. I spent more than 1500 days outside Canada with Canadian citizens(husband and kids)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have applied for a renewal of my PR card in June, but then I have to fly so now my PR Card has expired on 22.09 and now i have to travel back and need to apply for PRTD or i read on cic.gc.ca that I can enter Canada on private vehicle by providing other documents, I have valid driver license and also medical insurance card. I spent more than 1500 days outside Canada with Canadian citizens(husband and kids)
If you have a US visa you can fly to the US and enter via private vehicle. You can also wait for PRTD but it may take a while and you’ll need to include proof that you have have been living in the same place as your Canadian spouse in order to prove your RO. Assume you had spent time living in Canada with your spouse as a PR before leaving Canada. If not you can end up facing legal barriers counting days abroad with your Canadian spouse.

IlonaTovmas

Oct 8, 2022
If you have a US visa you can fly to the US and enter via private vehicle. You can also wait for PRTD but it may take a while and you’ll need to include proof that you have have been living in the same place as your Canadian spouse in order to prove your RO. Assume you had spent time living in Canada with your spouse as a PR before leaving Canada. If not you can end up facing legal barriers counting days abroad with your Canadian spouse.
I have left the Canada with my husband and kids, now we have to return and I have an appointment to pick up my PR card in person. Pls could you explain how to cross the Canadian border without valid PR Card via private car( my father in laws car) ? Do i have to present my expired PR Card or other document insted?
P.S I have US visa

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have left the Canada with my husband and kids, now we have to return and I have an appointment to pick up my PR card in person. Pls could you explain how to cross the Canadian border without valid PR Card via private car( my father in laws car) ? Do i have to present my expired PR Card or other document insted?
P.S I have US visa
You can present expired PR card, old COPR, etc. at the land border. Would also bring proof that you have an appointment to pick up your new PR card. Is this your first PR card renewal? How many days have you spent in Canada (not outside with your Canadian spouse) in the past 5 years? You will need to bring proof that you were accompanying your Canadian spouse abroad and that you spent over 730 days living together in person. You would have needed to include this proof in your PR card renewal application.

IlonaTovmas

Oct 8, 2022
You can present expired PR card, old COPR, etc. at the land border. Would also bring proof that you have an appointment to pick up your new PR card. Is this your first PR card renewal? How many days have you spent in Canada (not outside with your Canadian spouse) in the past 5 years? You will need to bring proof that you were accompanying your Canadian spouse abroad and that you spent over 730 days living together in person. You would have needed to include this proof in your PR card renewal application.
I read at cic.gc.ca that I can use other document? You mean during the appointment they will ask me to provide a proof that I was living with my husband or kids? I have already applied for PR Card Renewal now I have to collect it, i have submitted my husband's passport with all stamps that we left Canada together, my kids' passport also as a proof that we left together, so I have three Canadian Citizens with whom I leave abroad. It is my third time that I am renewin my PR Card. I want now to be sure that I can cross the border by private car with my expired PR Card using instead Driver license for example.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I read at cic.gc.ca that I can use other document? You mean during the appointment they will ask me to provide a proof that I was living with my husband or kids? I have already applied for PR Card Renewal now I have to collect it, i have submitted my husband's passport with all stamps that we left Canada together, my kids' passport also as a proof that we left together, so I have three Canadian Citizens with whom I leave abroad. It is my third time that I am renewin my PR Card. I want now to be sure that I can cross the border by private car with my expired PR Card using instead Driver license for example.
There may be a list of documents you can provide to cross the land border without a valid PR card but in general an expired PR card or your landing document are the most common. Proof of your appointment to pick up your PR card or proof that you have applied to renew your PR card is additional proof. You are still crossing without a valid PR card so need to show that you have met your RO in order to not get reported for failing to meet RO. This is why you should have proof that you have been living abroad with Canadian citizens for over 730 days in the past 5 years.

When you have an appointment to pick up a new PR card it is more complex than just picking up a card. They usually review your application with you and review your passport to see that you have continued to meet your RO before handing you your new PR card. If someone hasn’t continued to meet their RO they can get reported. The appointment for pick-up is slightly misleading. Most assume they will just collect the PR card from a front desk like picking up a package at the post office.

IlonaTovmas

Oct 8, 2022
How should I prove that I live with myy husband and kids in Canada ?