+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prtd application

Mosay

Jun 9, 2022
Hello @vjdua ,
I have applied for PRTD on 15th July through portal as normal application without urgency. However, today I have received a job offer who wants me to join in 2 months time. I want to change the application or atleast request the IRCC to process my application urgently. How can I do that?
Will the web form help as i haven't received AOR yet or
should I email to that PRTD application covid email id or
Should I apply through mail with all the documents with Urgent mentioned in the mail id
Please help. I don't want to lose on this job.
Thank you.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello @vjdua ,
I have applied for PRTD on 15th July through portal as normal application without urgency. However, today I have received a job offer who wants me to join in 2 months time. I want to change the application or atleast request the IRCC to process my application urgently. How can I do that?
Should I apply through mail with all the documents with Urgent mentioned in the mail id
Thank you.
If you can go to US, it's better to use the land border

Reactions: IlonaTovmas

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello @vjdua ,
I have applied for PRTD on 15th July through portal as normal application without urgency.
What do you mean by a 'normal application'? Just 'not urgent'? That's not the relevant part.

It seems to matter quite a lot whether you are applying as compliant with RO, or - put differently - also why you don't have a card. Are you in compliance? How many days in Canada in last five years from the day you applied? (Cutting it close or well over the 730 days?)

The onus is on you to show that hyou're a PR and in compliance with the residency obligation. It's a lot easier and likely quicker if the reason you don't have a card and/or haven't applied for a new one yet is simple and obvious.

Reactions: Mosay

vjdua

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
Hello @vjdua ,
Thank you.
It should not take more time as it is faster these days. You applied from which country? You can very well request through webform enquiry giving details of your application and stating the urgency for processing your application on priority. You can enclose copy of the letter of offer received by you as there is an option to upload any supporting documents in webform enquiry. If the portal has an option to send reminder you can do that as well.

Mosay

Jun 9, 2022
It should not take more time as it is faster these days. You applied from which country? You can very well request through webform enquiry giving details of your application and stating the urgency for processing your application on priority. You can enclose copy of the letter of offer received by you as there is an option to upload any supporting documents in webform enquiry. If the portal has an option to send reminder you can do that as well.
Thank you for the reply. I hope i get it faster. I dont have any RO issue as I am a new PR.
I have applied from India. Then I will send the urgency request through webform. There is no option for send remined or to track the application in PR portal. I haven't even received the AOR yet.

Do I need to select Urgent PR card option in webform?

In case i mail them, Does Mailing the ircc covid prtd email will count as a new application or they will connect it to my portal application.

Also, does applying for prtd automatically cancels the pr card application
Thanks again for the reply.

Last edited:

Mosay

Jun 9, 2022
What do you mean by a 'normal application'? Just 'not urgent'? That's not the relevant part.

It seems to matter quite a lot whether you are applying as compliant with RO, or - put differently - also why you don't have a card. Are you in compliance? How many days in Canada in last five years from the day you applied? (Cutting it close or well over the 730 days?)

The onus is on you to show that hyou're a PR and in compliance with the residency obligation. It's a lot easier and likely quicker if the reason you don't have a card and/or haven't applied for a new one yet is simple and obvious.
Yeah, I mean my application is not urgent. However, things changed after I applied now I want it to be processed under urgent or urgently. There is no RO issue as I am a new immigrant. I had applied through immigration officer while landing but I didn't receive the card. I had to travel to India for the birth of my child. So couldn't wait for the card. I have mentioned this reason in LOE and provided reports as proof in H&C. I don't know what is the current timeline for non urgent applications through pr portal in india. I hope i get it in around 45-60 days.
I will fill webform for now explaining the urgency. Also, please let me know if there is any other way out

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
There is no RO issue as I am a new immigrant. I had applied through immigration officer while landing but I didn't receive the card. I had to travel to India for the birth of my child. So couldn't wait for the card.
Ok, that is the main thing. Do you know/have any way to confirm if card was sent? Any chance it will be received at whatever address you provided? Because getting it sent to you will likely be faster.

I have mentioned this reason in LOE and provided reports as proof in H&C.
I honestly have separate question (rhetorical) that I do not know if writing "H&C reasons" in this form will make it faster - because in essence, there is no reason you should be considered out of compliance, it's possible that the H&C reasons will just complicate things. (Hope you kept it brief anyway)

Otherwise, keep in mind that you only applied a few days ago - it probably isn't out of the 'mail room' as it were.

You can try to change it by requesting it will be treated as urgent - no idea whether it will have much effect.

It's very hard to say how long PRTD apps take - on the positive side seemingly not so long for those where RO compliance is not an issue.

If you do wish to do something, you could try your MP - but I would wait until eg a month has passed (for example) because again, you only submitted a few days ago.

vjdua

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
Thank you for the reply. I hope i get it faster. I dont have any RO issue as I am a new PR.
I have applied from India. Then I will send the urgency request through webform. There is no option for send remined or to track the application in PR portal. I haven't even received the AOR yet.

Do I need to select Urgent PR card option in webform?

In case i mail them, Does Mailing the ircc covid prtd email will count as a new application or they will connect it to my portal application.

Also, does applying for prtd automatically cancels the pr card application
Thanks again for the reply.
Yes you can put urgency request through webform and enclose the copy of job offer received by you., hope this will definitely work for you and you will get your PRTD soon. You do not get AOR but just the PPR (passport submission request)

Mosay

Jun 9, 2022
Ok, that is the main thing. Do you know/have any way to confirm if card was sent? Any chance it will be received at whatever address you provided? Because getting it sent to you will likely be faster.

I honestly have separate question (rhetorical) that I do not know if writing "H&C reasons" in this form will make it faster - because in essence, there is no reason you should be considered out of compliance, it's possible that the H&C reasons will just complicate things. (Hope you kept it brief anyway)

Otherwise, keep in mind that you only applied a few days ago - it probably isn't out of the 'mail room' as it were.

You can try to change it by requesting it will be treated as urgent - no idea whether it will have much effect.

It's very hard to say how long PRTD apps take - on the positive side seemingly not so long for those where RO compliance is not an issue.

If you do wish to do something, you could try your MP - but I would wait until eg a month has passed (for example) because again, you only submitted a few days ago.
I have given my friends address for the delivery of the PR card. However, I am unable to link my pr card application to gc key account. That's altogether a different issue. I haven't included apt number in the address. I am not sure they will deliver it precisely. Also, will raising a PRTD request automatically cancel my PR card application?

I included H&C to avoid RO scrutiny and I kept it brief like one USG report and a small para explaining my decision to return to India on the basis of compassionate ground.

Now, I will send a webform with my the job offer letter to process the application faster by any chance.

Thank you.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Also, will raising a PRTD request automatically cancel my PR card application?
I don't think so.

I included H&C to avoid RO scrutiny and I kept it brief like one USG report and a small para explaining my decision to return to India on the basis of compassionate ground.
Personally I think better to NOT invoke an H&C reason when there is no H&C issue - only reiterate that you are a new PR and hence in compliance. But what's done is done.

Reactions: Mosay and canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have given my friends address for the delivery of the PR card. However, I am unable to link my pr card application to gc key account. That's altogether a different issue. I haven't included apt number in the address. I am not sure they will deliver it precisely. Also, will raising a PRTD request automatically cancel my PR card application?

Now, I will send a webform with my the job offer letter to process the application faster by any chance.

Thank you.
Bu selecting H&C your application will be sorted with other H&C applications and theH&C applications have much longer processing times. You should apply for a regular PRTD.

Mosay

Jun 9, 2022
Yes you can put urgency request through webform and enclose the copy of job offer received by you., hope this will definitely work for you and you will get your PRTD soon. You do not get AOR but just the PPR (passport submission request)
So, I will raise the webform, if I don't get any response within a month I will email them on this ID IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Are they entertaining PRTD applications for Indians through PR Portal?

If no then I will mail them new application with urgent request.

Thank you.

Mosay

Jun 9, 2022
Bu selecting H&C your application will be sorted with other H&C applications and theH&C applications have much longer processing times. You should apply for a regular PRTD.
I m not able to cancel the previous application through PR portal. And in instructions it is mentioned that not to create 2 applications. I think I am stuck now.