+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Application Returned - Reason "wrong application"

Fulya

Feb 14, 2023
Can you please explain how did you do this?
Did you apply through pr portal and then send your passport to Visa office in that country ? Thanks
My rep applied via pr portal and yes we sent our passport to Visa office in our country when they requested it.

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
Hi Guys, I have submitted my wife's PRTD urgent request yesterday (6th Feb 2023) and today I am able to see return reason as "Incomplete Application" with view button disabled. Read all previous posts from this forum and assuming that its a glitch as long as view button is not enabled. Have not received any email of any kind (acknowledgement or anything). I believe we just have to sign in consent and nowhere else.. right ?
Hi, im in a similar situation.
What happened in your case?

kimmagg

Mar 3, 2023
I submitted my father's application in Canada as a representative on Feb 2, 2023, NOT urgent. I still haven't heard a word or receive email from the government as today is March 3, 2023.
As previous mentioned, mine is also "submitted" "wrong application" unable to "view".

is it normal to take this long? any phone number or email that we can call to consult?

dlkbabyyy

Mar 15, 2023
Im having a issue ..i applied back in decemver 16 and still havent got any answer its still under "submitted" even tho it says 2-8 weeks its been a month longer so far ..so i applied again abother one this timem urgent request cuz i have a legit reason..now my issue is this..since i applied its already 3rd time that is being "returned" under the "wrong application" reason and im able to click the view button and resubmitt every time it comes back it comes bask usualy a day after but it must be some kind of glitch ..evrything is complete and done right ..why is it coming back all the time with a wrong application reason and when i open it the declaration and signatur3 is always incomplete until i click on it and open it its complete ...seems lik its deff tehcnical issue cuz this makes 0 sense..i dont knkw what to do its beeb 4months since i started applying i have kids and a life thats i need to get back too and they are just playing with peoples lives its seems unreal im beyond dissapointed and shocked at how importabt issies like this are being handled

luckysomething

Sep 4, 2016
My wife's PRTD application is also experiencing this "glitch":

She hasn't received any updates since the initial submission, which was a month ago now.

Not sure if anyone else has tried this for a PRTD application, but you can glean a tiny bit more info from the JSON response that's used to populate this table using your browser's developer tools. For example, I noticed these fields of interest in my wife's application:

JSON:
"status": {
    "id": 20,
    "statusEn": "Completed",
    "statusFr": "Complété"
},
"rejectionReasons": [
    {
        "id": 21,
        "rejectionReasonEn": "Wrong application",
        "rejectionReasonFr": "Mauvaise application",
        "documentTypeId": null,
        "phaseId": 3
    }
],
You also get an array of all the documents submitted. Some fields of interest I found on ours are:

JSON:
"documentApproved": true,
"isComplete": null,
Not sure if it means she's close to getting some sort of update, but it looks to be getting processed, at least.

Last edited:

kimmagg

Mar 3, 2023
My wife's PRTD application is also experiencing this "glitch":

She hasn't received any updates since the initial submission, which was a month ago now.

Not sure if anyone else has tried this for a PRTD application, but you can glean a tiny bit more info from the JSON response that's used to populate this table using your browser's developer tools. For example, I noticed these fields of interest in my wife's application:

JSON:
"status": {
    "id": 20,
    "statusEn": "Completed",
    "statusFr": "Complété"
},
"rejectionReasons": [
    {
        "id": 21,
        "rejectionReasonEn": "Wrong application",
        "rejectionReasonFr": "Mauvaise application",
        "documentTypeId": null,
        "phaseId": 3
    }
],
You also get an array of all the documents submitted. Some fields of interest I found on ours are:

JSON:
"documentApproved": true,
"isComplete": null,
Not sure if it means she's close to getting some sort of update, but it looks to be getting processed, at least.
I have the same screen, and I submitted on Feb 2, 2023. I don't know what's going on =(

luckysomething

Sep 4, 2016
I have the same screen, and I submitted on Feb 2, 2023. I don't know what's going on =(
Hey, kimmagg. Have you tried linking your application via the IRCC portal using a GCKey account? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

My wife was able to do so about a week ago using her UCI and family name, although you can link it through other identifiers too. There's no option for PRTD applications specifically, but you can link it under a "Permanent Resident Card" application type.

For my wife, there's not much extra information, but we now know that the application is under eligibility review. We also found out her file number (which is handy for web forms or GCMS notes requests):

Karrysingh

Apr 3, 2023
I am submitting my prtd application from 21 st march and i am trying 5 times and everytime application returned either as wrong application or income application. View button is active. When i opened the rep pdf and consent declaration was red. I uploaded again rep page and submit consent form and submit application but it again returned back. I talked to ircc customer care and they said me to raise error through web portal. Now please suggest me what should i do.

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
I am submitting my prtd application from 21 st march and i am trying 5 times and everytime application returned either as wrong application or income application. View button is active. When i opened the rep pdf and consent declaration was red. I uploaded again rep page and submit consent form and submit application but it again returned back. I talked to ircc customer care and they said me to raise error through web portal. Now please suggest me what should i do.
same issue here