+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Application Returned - Reason "wrong application"

she-she

Mar 26, 2014
Hi @luckysomething , did you apply for urgent or non urgent prtd for your wife? My husband and I applied for prtd but he got his ppr 2 days after and I'm still waiting. We're travelling soon for a month. Thanks!

luckysomething

Sep 4, 2016
Hi @luckysomething , did you apply for urgent or non urgent prtd for your wife? My husband and I applied for prtd but he got his ppr 2 days after and I'm still waiting. We're travelling soon for a month. Thanks!
Hi, @she-she. My wife applied non-urgently, as we don't have a legitimate reason for urgent processing outside of a plane ticket and us wanting our family reunited in Canada soon.

My wife's processing time is a bit complicated by the fact she's a couple months short of meeting her RO in terms of strictly being in Canada. We claimed time we spent together abroad per Appendix A in this guide, but having spent more time on this forum, it looks like claiming that time together might not be as simple as we thought with the whole "who-accompanied-whom" clause...

Regardless, it sounds like you're in much better shape than us, so best of luck!

kirk1978

Mar 9, 2023
Hi, @she-she. My wife applied non-urgently, as we don't have a legitimate reason for urgent processing outside of a plane ticket and us wanting our family reunited in Canada soon.

My wife's processing time is a bit complicated by the fact she's a couple months short of meeting her RO in terms of strictly being in Canada. We claimed time we spent together abroad per Appendix A in this guide, but having spent more time on this forum, it looks like claiming that time together might not be as simple as we thought with the whole "who-accompanied-whom" clause...

Regardless, it sounds like you're in much better shape than us, so best of luck!
Hey @luckysomething , any update on your wife's PRTD? yours was submitted mid Feb right? just wonder if you heard anything back yet.
we are waiting for ours and it was submitted mid March.

Cheers
-K

luckysomething

Sep 4, 2016
Hey @luckysomething , any update on your wife's PRTD? yours was submitted mid Feb right? just wonder if you heard anything back yet.
we are waiting for ours and it was submitted mid March.

Cheers
-K
Hey, @kirk1978.

Yeah, my wife submitted February 17th. We haven't had any updates since we were finally able to link the application via GCKey a couple weeks ago. I assume this means we had a VAC agent do a completeness check and it's now with a visa officer, probably taking longer than usual because my wife's RO verification is cutting it really close and involves another party (me).

Hopefully, you'll have a faster turnaround!

kimmagg

Mar 3, 2023
Hey, kimmagg. Have you tried linking your application via the IRCC portal using a GCKey account? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

My wife was able to do so about a week ago using her UCI and family name, although you can link it through other identifiers too. There's no option for PRTD applications specifically, but you can link it under a "Permanent Resident Card" application type.

For my wife, there's not much extra information, but we now know that the application is under eligibility review. We also found out her file number (which is handy for web forms or GCMS notes requests):

I don't know if I've done it correctly. But my screen shows there's no application =/ not a good sign... did you receive any confirmation email after you/your wife submitted the application? I am trying to get the GCKey with my personal access code, which I will have to wait 5 days for the government to mail it to me.

kirk1978

Mar 9, 2023
Hey, @kirk1978.

Yeah, my wife submitted February 17th. We haven't had any updates since we were finally able to link the application via GCKey a couple weeks ago. I assume this means we had a VAC agent do a completeness check and it's now with a visa officer, probably taking longer than usual because my wife's RO verification is cutting it really close and involves another party (me).

I am kinda on the same boat,
we finally able to link GCkey with the applicaiton this week. and it shows it is under review just like your screen capture. it seems like it is taking longer than usual... i mean if your application is 2 months old and still no update.. mine is at least a month behind.
hopefully we all get some reply soon..

beenalee

Jan 18, 2022
Hello. RE: WRONG APPLICATION

1) We applied for my husbands PRTD on January 06 2023 as an urgent application.
2) Application was returned on January 12 2023 as incomplete application as our application was not considered urgent. We resubmitted the application as non urgent.
3) On January 17 2023 we received a message from the portal stating WRONG APPLICATION and we were ABLE TO CLICK ON THE VIEW BUTTON.
4) We resubmitted the application on January 17, 2023.
5) On January 24, 2023 we received our passport request and sent everything to the IRCC office on January 25, 2023.
6) We received our passport with PRTD inside 2 weeks later.
Hi @Fulya may I check with you what you changed in Step 4 when you resubmitted the application? I'm in the same boat where I got a wrong application and I'm able to click on the view button

beenalee

Jan 18, 2022
Im having a issue ..i applied back in decemver 16 and still havent got any answer its still under "submitted" even tho it says 2-8 weeks its been a month longer so far ..so i applied again abother one this timem urgent request cuz i have a legit reason..now my issue is this..since i applied its already 3rd time that is being "returned" under the "wrong application" reason and im able to click the view button and resubmitt every time it comes back it comes bask usualy a day after but it must be some kind of glitch ..evrything is complete and done right ..why is it coming back all the time with a wrong application reason and when i open it the declaration and signatur3 is always incomplete until i click on it and open it its complete ...seems lik its deff tehcnical issue cuz this makes 0 sense..i dont knkw what to do its beeb 4months since i started applying i have kids and a life thats i need to get back too and they are just playing with peoples lives its seems unreal im beyond dissapointed and shocked at how importabt issies like this are being handled
Were you able to finally get your PRTD? I'm facing the same issue now. The frustrating part is that they don't give a clue as to what exactly you need to change.

kirk1978

Mar 9, 2023
I don't know if I've done it correctly. But my screen shows there's no application =/ not a good sign... did you receive any confirmation email after you/your wife submitted the application? I am trying to get the GCKey with my personal access code, which I will have to wait 5 days for the government to mail it to me.
Were you able to get your GCkey code? and any progress after?

kirk1978

Mar 9, 2023
Im having a issue ..i applied back in decemver 16 and still havent got any answer its still under "submitted" even tho it says 2-8 weeks its been a month longer so far ..so i applied again abother one this timem urgent request cuz i have a legit reason..now my issue is this..since i applied its already 3rd time that is being "returned" under the "wrong application" reason and im able to click the view button and resubmitt every time it comes back it comes bask usualy a day after but it must be some kind of glitch ..evrything is complete and done right ..why is it coming back all the time with a wrong application reason and when i open it the declaration and signatur3 is always incomplete until i click on it and open it its complete ...seems lik its deff tehcnical issue cuz this makes 0 sense..i dont knkw what to do its beeb 4months since i started applying i have kids and a life thats i need to get back too and they are just playing with peoples lives its seems unreal im beyond dissapointed and shocked at how importabt issies like this are being handled
We did applied once back in Dec too, but that one stuck as "submitted" forever, unable to view, and UNABLE TO LINK TO GCKEY.
i suspect that one might have been bugged and gone.
so we resubmitted in March as mentioned in my previous post...

So were you able to get any progress after?

bhavnat

Dec 17, 2022
Hi all,

I have just submitted PRTD for parents on 8th april, and I am unable to view application, however i got an email from tehm asking for a document, that I emalied them back with attachment. I am worried that I am not able to open or edit my application so I can add this document that is requested...please share your insight. thanks,

luckysomething

Sep 4, 2016
Hey, @kirk1978.

As a follow-up to my previous post, for anyone interested:

We haven't received any updates, but my wife got her GCMS notes last Friday (shockingly quick!), which she ordered shortly after being able to link her application on GCKey.

There isn't too much exciting in there, but we learned that a visa officer from the PRC Sydney office reviewed her file a few days after submission, which is the same day she received the "wrong application" return reason.

The only note this officer left was that the file would be transferred to the missions office, as my wife claimed some time that we accompanied each other abroad to meet her RO. Her eligibility assessment is still "Not Started", but her PRD assessment was assigned an RC code, probably the visa office, on March 15th. Since then, there hasn't been any movement on her file, and it's not assigned to a specific officer. It seems to be waiting in a queue?

kimmagg

Mar 3, 2023
No luck. I think I will have to reapply. This is what it shows on mine. There's no application found.

Link an existing application to this account
Based on the information you entered, we found no applications.
What do I do next?
You may have made a mistake entering your information. Go back and try to enter it again. You can only try to link an application five times in 24 hours.
If you still have trouble, contact us.

themyth1994

May 3, 2023
Hello everyone,

having a similar issue as " wrong application " with grayed-out click/button. I was initially relieved to see it was a glitch and most got their applications processed. However, I applied on April 22 and I still haven't seen any change in status. I believe the strike in Canada had a part to play.

Can anyone let me know what options I have to try and speed up my PRTD urgent application?

Thank You

kimmagg

Mar 3, 2023
As a follow-up to my previous post, for anyone interested:

We haven't received any updates, but my wife got her GCMS notes last Friday (shockingly quick!), which she ordered shortly after being able to link her application on GCKey.

There isn't too much exciting in there, but we learned that a visa officer from the PRC Sydney office reviewed her file a few days after submission, which is the same day she received the "wrong application" return reason.

The only note this officer left was that the file would be transferred to the missions office, as my wife claimed some time that we accompanied each other abroad to meet her RO. Her eligibility assessment is still "Not Started", but her PRD assessment was assigned an RC code, probably the visa office, on March 15th. Since then, there hasn't been any movement on her file, and it's not assigned to a specific officer. It seems to be waiting in a queue?
I finally got the letter from the government. So, KEEP waiting!!! I applied on Feb 2, 2023, and got this letter on May 8, 2023. Processing time is at least 3 months. And also, if you got "submitted", can't "VIEW", it's a glitch! don't worry, the government got your file.

Dear applicant,
This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident travel document. A
decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize
processing your application.
Passport requirements
- Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
- There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
Your passport must be received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
within 30 days from the date of this letter.
Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.
To find out where to send your passport, visit our website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-
ircc/offices/find-visa-application-centre.html

Attention:
The unique client identification (UCI) number in the upper left corner of this letter is
your personal identification number. For your own protection, do not allow any
person, other than an authorized representative, to use this number as it provides
access to personal information on your file.
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada