+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Application Returned - Reason "wrong application"

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
hello
had applied through portal (https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca) for PRTD based on H&C.
the application was returned with the reason " wrong application"

all documents and application shows Ready to Submit. Except the Document check list. i had uploaded it last time (5644E updated on June 6)
when i click to download the check list, i find it to be the same

what am i missing here? last time i didnt upload a photo. as there was no place.
is it a missing document issue or the whole process is not right and i need to submit through the email.

or i had mistakenly clicked one option under "PR C card section" in the document check-list. since it was a PRTD application, shouldnt be selecting any option under PR Card Section. is that why all documents are still showing Ready to Submit and due to the above mistake. they removed the check list and expect me to correct it and upload again .

or is there more?

i didnt receive any email telling me if there was a missing document

thanks

Last edited:

fkmahs

Mar 10, 2020
hello
had applied through portal (https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca) for PRTD based on H&C.
the application was returned with the reason " wrong application"

all documents and application shows Ready to Submit. Except the Document check list. i had uploaded it last time (5644E updated on June 6)
when i click to download the check list, i find it to be the same

what am i missing here? last time i didnt upload a photo. as there was no place.
is it a missing document issue or the whole process is not right and i need to submit through the email.

or i had mistakenly clicked one option under "PR C card section" in the document check-list. since it was a PRTD application, shouldnt be selecting any option under PR Card Section. is that why all documents are still showing Ready to Submit and due to the above mistake. they removed the check list and expect me to correct it and upload again .

or is there more?

i didnt receive any email telling me if there was a missing document

thanks

Hi. What became of this "Wrong Reason"?

My PRTD on online portal shows the same status but I am not able to click on the View button or do anything else to it. I don't know what the way forward is.

Reactions: asaeed100

RaoTejasvini

Dec 13, 2022
Hello,

I am also having same issue. Return reason is wrong application and the view button is disabled. How can I check the reason for return?

fkmahs

Mar 10, 2020
Hello,

I am also having same issue. Return reason is wrong application and the view button is disabled. How can I check the reason for return?
My friend, I've been driving through the internet to find an answer to this. But I really haven't been able to.

Anyway, what are your timelines?

I applied on 7th Dec, from UAE. What about you?

Designersurya

Aug 10, 2019
i figured it out. it is wrong application form.
Hi. we are facing the issue . We applied PRTD from India on 13th Dec . It says "wrong application" as return reason and the view button is disabled . Could you please let me know which application was wrong in your case ?

Last edited:

cango2017

Star Member
Aug 13, 2017
Hello guys,

Occouring the same issue here. Already the sceond time, the first time returned by was incompleted application which we re-submitted as it is. Then this time is " wrong application"... Anyone sheding a light here? Thank you!

Anneline

Jan 4, 2023
Hello guys,

Occouring the same issue here. Already the sceond time, the first time returned by was incompleted application which we re-submitted as it is. Then this time is " wrong application"... Anyone sheding a light here? Thank you!
Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue. Does your request allow you to click on the view button?