+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Application Returned - Reason "wrong application"

Tinakumarjung

Nov 18, 2016
Hi,

I need an urgent help here. I applied for PRTD for my son on 25th June & got a letter from IRCC today to send the passport. I am in Canada & my travel dates are in August 1st week. I also attached this ticket when applying for PRTD. could someone please guide me how to send the passport from Canada to India VAC to get the PRTD. I checked vfs global but not finding any information on how to do it.

Tinakumarjung

Nov 18, 2016
Hello. RE: WRONG APPLICATION

1) We applied for my husbands PRTD on January 06 2023 as an urgent application.
2) Application was returned on January 12 2023 as incomplete application as our application was not considered urgent. We resubmitted the application as non urgent.
3) On January 17 2023 we received a message from the portal stating WRONG APPLICATION and we were ABLE TO CLICK ON THE VIEW BUTTON.
4) We resubmitted the application on January 17, 2023.
5) On January 24, 2023 we received our passport request and sent everything to the IRCC office on January 25, 2023.
6) We received our passport with PRTD inside 2 weeks later.
Hi, @Fulya : could you please tell me where & how did you submit the passport. I am struggling to find the information.

RP@2023

May 17, 2023
my application statue is same, return reason column says'' primary identification not provided'' while status still shows application submitted

BobSusa

Jul 24, 2023
i did receive email from IRCC and they ask me to send them copy of all pages of my passport
i did send them last week and waiting for decision
Thank you. My wife received her new PR card today, I submitted both applications on the same day. So I must be patient and wait for the email.

BobSusa

Jul 24, 2023
i did receive email from IRCC and they ask me to send them copy of all pages of my passport
Btw, how long did you receive that email after you knew the return reason? 1 week or longer?

kirk1978

Mar 9, 2023
curious, in the email, did they ask you to upload through a link on IRCC (which i couldnt' find) or just email directly.
Did you hear from them after you email since end of July?

luckysomething

Sep 4, 2016
Hi @kirk1978,

We're still waiting. We've been ordering GCMS notes every month to keep track of things. From those notes, it appears my wife's file has been sitting in "Registry" at her local visa office since March, but there hasn't been any actual movement on her file since February 20th. Her eligibility assessment is still "Not Started".
Just an update on my wife's situation; she's finally received PPR yesterday, so roughly 6 months processing.

Note that the portal is still showing the same "Wrong application" for "Return reason", for anyone wondering. I actually suspect they don't update anything in that portal once you submitted. Per her GCMS notes, it looks like they copy everything into the GCMS system, and I don't think that portal is integrated with it like, say, GCKey is.

Anyway, our timeline was quite long because of the fact it got transferred to her local visa office (Beijing) for RO verification as she claimed time accompanying me. They seem severely backlogged at the moment. This might not be true of other locations.

Reactions: kirk1978

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
thank you for sharing this. So GCKey account got some update then?
Just an update on my wife's situation; she's finally received PPR yesterday, so roughly 6 months processing.

Note that the portal is still showing the same "Wrong application" for "Return reason", for anyone wondering. I actually suspect they don't update anything in that portal once you submitted. Per her GCMS notes, it looks like they copy everything into the GCMS system, and I don't think that portal is integrated with it like, say, GCKey is.

Anyway, our timeline was quite long because of the fact it got transferred to her local visa office (Beijing) for RO verification as she claimed time accompanying me. They seem severely backlogged at the moment. This might not be true of other locations.

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
also can you please tell me how long for the PRTD-6 months?

kirk1978

Mar 9, 2023

Wow, this is almost like waiting for a new season of TV series drop long.... good for you!
sort of an update from us too, our original application since late december finally got some reply, and (also beijing office) ask us to provide extra doc to further prove she is accompanying me. so took us a month to gather all the info and now we submitted (by email, since the link on GCkey/IRCC website is no where to find)

our other application got withdrawn since they notice it was a duplicated. (we submitted that since originally we were not able to link the Dec applicaiton to GC key, and we thought it was bugged.

so we wait.. AGAIN ... it is 8 months and counting already...

karnamehta

Aug 26, 2023
Hello there, I have applied for PRTD on PR portal from India and return reason came up as "Wrong Application". Is it a glitch or do I need to reapply? I am unable to click the view button. It has been more than a month and i still haven't heard from immigration. I have things to get back to. Please help

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
Hello there, I have applied for PRTD on PR portal from India and return reason came up as "Wrong Application". Is it a glitch or do I need to reapply? I am unable to click the view button. It has been more than a month and i still haven't heard from immigration. I have things to get back to. Please help
call them and they can verify the status. the portal has wrong information

Sivabhagavan

Sep 11, 2023
I have applied for PRTD on 2023/09/06 and my return reason shows "Wrong applicationIncomplete application " with the view grey and disabled to view.I have No email about this return reason(rejection).I tried to link by GCKey sign in but there is no option for PRTD in the GCKey.So what to do now?