+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Application Returned - Reason "wrong application"

kirk1978

Mar 9, 2023
I finally got the letter from the government. So, KEEP waiting!!! I applied on Feb 2, 2023, and got this letter on May 8, 2023. Processing time is at least 3 months. And also, if you got "submitted", can't "VIEW", it's a glitch! don't worry, the government got your file.

Dear applicant,
This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident travel document. A
decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize
processing your application.
Passport requirements
- Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
- There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
Your passport must be received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
within 30 days from the date of this letter.
Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.
To find out where to send your passport, visit our website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-
ircc/offices/find-visa-application-centre.html

Attention:
The unique client identification (UCI) number in the upper left corner of this letter is
your personal identification number. For your own protection, do not allow any
person, other than an authorized representative, to use this number as it provides
access to personal information on your file.
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Woohoo! congrats!
so it takes 3+ months to process these days!! thats madness!!! i guess covid and the strike did pile up quite a lot!

what about the others?
any good news?
Luckysomething? yours was like 10 days after kimmagg... right?

anyway.. fingers cross! i don't think ours will have any update for another 1.5 months

luckysomething

Sep 4, 2016
Woohoo! congrats!
so it takes 3+ months to process these days!! thats madness!!! i guess covid and the strike did pile up quite a lot!

what about the others?
any good news?
Luckysomething? yours was like 10 days after kimmagg... right?

anyway.. fingers cross! i don't think ours will have any update for another 1.5 months
Hi @kirk1978,

We're still waiting. We've been ordering GCMS notes every month to keep track of things. From those notes, it appears my wife's file has been sitting in "Registry" at her local visa office since March, but there hasn't been any actual movement on her file since February 20th. Her eligibility assessment is still "Not Started".

kirk1978

Mar 9, 2023
Hi @kirk1978,

We're still waiting. We've been ordering GCMS notes every month to keep track of things. From those notes, it appears my wife's file has been sitting in "Registry" at her local visa office since March, but there hasn't been any actual movement on her file since February 20th. Her eligibility assessment is still "Not Started".
how do u know it is "not started" does it actually show not started? or just "still under review"?

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
Hi @kirk1978,

Can you please tell me how to track it by GCMS? Is it another system? I only submitted the applications via the oneline portal. The status is submitted and can not review it.
Thanks!

luckysomething

Sep 4, 2016
how do u know it is "not started" does it actually show not started? or just "still under review"?
From the GCMS notes that we received. Here are the high-level assessments:

I should note that GCKey always had the review of eligibility as "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements", but I figure that's just a generic status and doesn't mean anything. The GCMS notes make it clear no one has looked at the file since the transfer.

kirk1978

Mar 9, 2023
From the GCMS notes that we received. Here are the high-level assessments:

I should note that GCKey always had the review of eligibility as "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements", but I figure that's just a generic status and doesn't mean anything. The GCMS notes make it clear no one has looked at the file since the transfer.
did you apply for the GCMS notes for your wife (given the requirement is either you are citizen, current PR, or in canada)? or she can apply directly? i think i need to do that too

luckysomething

Sep 4, 2016
Can you please tell me how to track it by GCMS? Is it another system? I only submitted the applications via the oneline portal. The status is submitted and can not review it.
Thanks!
Hi @8221129,

GCMS notes are the actual case notes of your file. You can search these forums for more information on them, but essentially these notes give you the true status of your application. You can apply for the notes through the IRCC under the Access to Information Act here for a $5 fee. You will usually get the notes after 30 days, although they will be generated some time before that date.

A PR is entitled to them under the Access to Information Act, which I assume you are for a PRTD application. If not, you can get someone residing in Canada to request them for you with the proper consent forms. There are also third-party services that do this, but I don't know much about them.

Remember to include your file number, UCI, and any documents proving your identity when applying.

Reactions: 8221129

themyth1994

May 3, 2023
Just an update

I applied for URGENT PRTD on April 23rd
I received the passport request last Thursday, June 1st evening.
so total of 39 days with the first 10 ish days being pretty much not useful since there was a strike.

aminskeptic

Jun 12, 2023
Have the same problem.
Did you guys receive an acknowledgment letter containing your application number after you submitted your PRTD?
I submitted my application on May 25 and the status is "submitted", the View button is gray/disabled and under the return reason it is mentioned: "wrong application"!

aminskeptic

Jun 12, 2023
Did you receive an acknowledgement letter containing your application number after you submitted your PRTD application?

kirk1978

Mar 9, 2023
Have the same problem.
Did you guys receive an acknowledgment letter containing your application number after you submitted your PRTD?
I submitted my application on May 25 and the status is "submitted", the View button is gray/disabled and under the return reason it is mentioned: "wrong application"!
is there anythink you can click or submit after u got Wrong Application? for our case, it was one doc need to be re-send...
something could be missing and need to resubmit some stuff
also might wanna get the login on GCKEY.. there usually got some more info.

Tinakumarjung

Nov 18, 2016
I have applied PRTD for myself to travel on 5th August. But my passport is about to expire in October this year. Will my application get rejected? please let me know. I currently see 'Wrong application' under Return reason with 'Submitted' & 'View' buttons disabled.