+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected person PR Status delayed. Any experience please share

mohammed zaid

Apr 14, 2014
Hello,
I am a protected person. I am currently in second stage its been 27 months as I applied for PR.
Here is my time line

We received your application for permanent residence on March 27, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 10, 2014.
We started processing your application on April 10, 2014.
We sent you correspondence on December 3, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Medical results have been received.
We transferred your application to the local CIC office on October 5, 2015. The local CIC office may contact you.

Currently I am second stage and my application is in CIC Etobicoke.
Please share your experience and suggestions.

Thank you.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
mohammed zaid said:
Hello,
I am a protected person. I am currently in second stage its been 27 months as I applied for PR.
Here is my time line

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 10, 2014.
We sent you correspondence on December 3, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
We transferred your application to the local CIC office on October 5, 2015. The local CIC office may contact you.

Thank you.
You have received a DM email or you can see Decision made on your online status:
in such a case nothing to worry about and just wait as etobicoke office seems to be a very busy office and a lot of people are waiting for their landing appointment to be scheduled in etobicoke.

You can not see Decision made or have not received any DM email:
file getting transferred to local office without a Decision Made (DM email) usually means your application has some complications in it and it requires an interview to investigate it. such interview appointments takes long time depending on the local office work load (6-12 months).

mohammed zaid

Apr 14, 2014
Hi Kriv,

What is the normal process ?
All the communications are just through my cic account. I havent got any personal emails.
Would the Decision be made before transferring to the local office ?
I haven't got any DM or any sort of information regarding my case.

According to you does it mean that my file is in second stage of processing ?

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
mohammed zaid said:
Hi Kriv,

What is the normal process ?
All the communications are just through my cic account. I havent got any personal emails.
Would the Decision be made before transferring to the local office ?
I haven't got any DM or any sort of information regarding my case.

According to you does it mean that my file is in second stage of processing ?
The normal process is:
stage 1: in this stage they just check that the applicant has submitted the correct forms, filled them completely, signed them and have attached all the required documents.
in stage one you receive acknowledgement of your application received ( an email telling you that your application has been received). once stage 1 is over you receive a Approval in principal letter (AIP letter). This AIP letter also have request for medical exam, police certificates, or any other document required (only if they require any of these).

Stage 2: in this stage medical assessment is done, background and security checks are performed. on the completion of stage 2 Decision is made. On decision made you receive an email about your decision and you are informed that your local cic office will contact you to complete the landing process (issuing of COPR, confirmation of permanent residence)

Landing/COPR: this is basically the final stage when you actually become a permanent resident. after your Decision Made, your local office contact you and schedule a appointment. on the appointment day they verify your identity and issue you COPR document.

hope it helps

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
mohammed zaid said:
Hello,
Here is my time line

Thank you.
Don't worry man my case stuck in the same local office Etobicoke and i am 2013 applicant, they transferred my application in 24 September 2015 and until now nothing heard about it I contacted with MP also with Cic many times and answer was ( local office will contact you ) I don't know when!
Even my medical exam expired last year, last week i called cic to ask if i need to re-medical but agent said dont do it until u get request
If u heard anything let me know