+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

protected person applying for university

pan109

Apr 21, 2018
Hi everyone,
I recently got accepted as a convention refugee and awaiting my protected person document. I have a few questions. What would I have to do to apply for university for sept 2019. What are the steps I would have to take to apply?

Medoxtar

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
I’m also interested in this! Hope someone can come on with some ideas on how to go about this

sss12345

Star Member
Dec 13, 2017
Hi everyone,
I recently got accepted as a convention refugee and awaiting my protected person document. I have a few questions. What would I have to do to apply for university for sept 2019. What are the steps I would have to take to apply?
First and foremost you need to have a valid study permit, if you don't have one you need to apply for one. In order to apply for a study permit you will need to wait for your "Notice of Decision". As a protected person you are also eligible to apply for a student loan. Good luck!!

Medoxtar

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
First and foremost you need to have a valid study permit, if you don't have one you need to apply for one. In order to apply for a study permit you will need to wait for your "Notice of Decision". As a protected person you are also eligible to apply for a student loan. Good luck!!
Thanks for that reply. I guess that’s the best thing to do! Until one have a refugee status before you can be granted a student permit