+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prospective Student for January, May, and September 2019 Intake Gather Here For Question and Answer

Sc21

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
my timeline guys

I re-applied online on 31st May 2019 under general category

31st May 2019: Confirmation and submission letter
7th June 2019: Medical passed and review started

what are the chances of approval after medical passed is it a good sign and when can i expect a decision i am really stressed #hope
Which country did you apply from

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
My application is less than 3 weeks (paper route - I linked it online) No upfront medical, and I already received a biometric validity letter without a medical request. Am scared this is a negative sign based on the fact that people get there medical request before the biometric validity letter. Pls house, what do u think about this situation.
It isn't a good sign, but be hopeful, especially if you applying from Nigeria

newuser86

Jan 30, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2023
Med's Done....
09-02-2023
Hey guys,
Now that I have gotten the study permit, and I am thinking to apply for my spouse's open work permit and for my children to accompany me. Are there anyone else who is contemplating this, after their initial single application?

Reactions: benygod2

patelsagar

Apr 10, 2018
HI All,

I posting on behalf of my brother who has applied for study permit General category (not SDS) online. He has been accepted by University of Manitoba for 1 yr PG certificate course. Only concern i have is his ielts score. Over all 6, L 6.5,R 6, W 6 and S 5.5.

Should we worry about it??

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Reactions: Deval

KateBen

Jun 20, 2019
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
Pls I need urgent suggestions if you’ve had this kinda reason.
Thank you.

Deval

Jun 20, 2019
Hey guys,

I applied for Canada study permit general category (not SDS) online on 6th june, got application number right away, but i got UCI number yesterday (on 20th june). In general category, processing time is 45 days . But my question is that from when this process starts ( i mean from the date of submitting file or from the date of getting UCI number)?

Blije

May 3, 2019
My application is less than 3 weeks (paper route - I linked it online) No upfront medical, and I already received a biometric validity letter without a medical request. Am scared this is a negative sign based on the fact that people get there medical request before the biometric validity letter. Pls house, what do u think about this situation.
Sincerely speaking it isn’t a good sign... in my last application I got the biometrics correspondence letter after a month, without upfront medicals... I got my rejection letter exactly a week after.

Sc21

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Hey guys,

I applied for Canada study permit general category (not SDS) online on 6th june, got application number right away, but i got UCI number yesterday (on 20th june). In general category, processing time is 45 days . But my question is that from when this process starts ( i mean from the date of submitting file or from the date of getting UCI number)?
I applied on 27th May University Category. Biometrics on 31st and updated same day. Acknowledgement letter on 10th June. No more updates after that.

Yoshyyahu

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018
Hey guys,

After submitting, you get a message and PDF file, which primarily says your application has been received, it's normally few hours or minutes after submitting, so the processing starts from that time.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
HI All,

I posting on behalf of my brother who has applied for study permit General category (not SDS) online. He has been accepted by University of Manitoba for 1 yr PG certificate course. Only concern i have is his ielts score. Over all 6, L 6.5,R 6, W 6 and S 5.5.

Should we worry about it??

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Since its under the general category you filed your application, there is nothing to worry about

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
Pls I need urgent suggestions if you’ve had this kinda reason.
Thank you.
Request for your gcms notes. The purpose of visit can be any reason of vague and poor study plan, no course correlation, choice of program etc

Yoshyyahu

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018
Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I got Biometrics Correspondence Letter, please is this a good sign?

Jun 24, 2019
Sincerely speaking it isn’t a good sign... in my last application I got the biometrics correspondence letter after a month, without upfront medicals... I got my rejection letter exactly a week after.
Same here, got my biometrics validity last week and got refusal letter today. I'm so sad. I want to reapply, how can I go about it?