+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prospective Student for January, May, and September 2019 Intake Gather Here For Question and Answer

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Thanks John

What if I change my program to a 2 year Diploma program wth coop, will I get 3year PGWP?

I already applied for visa with the previous information i.e 1yr Postgraduate certificate......if after getting my visa I change to 2year Diploma, is it going to be an issue since the program is now different?

To your first question, yes you will get a 3years PGWP and to your second question, it won't pose any harm, just update the new admission letter in your gckey account with the new DLi number

Reactions: Miss Jenny

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
If you are applying through agent, the agency will help you changing the program. But if you are applying on your own, I think once you get your visa, mail the college regrading the change of program. But bear in mind that I advise you to consult an agency for this, as they have links in colleges.
You've advised well but there won't be much need for the applicant to contact the college or even sending IRCC a message regarding this effect, it do the said person to update the DLI number on the new admission letter in the gckey online account, and them (IRCC) would automatically update their existing profile of the said person in their system

Reactions: Miss Jenny

no.cap.alex

Apr 10, 2019
hey, got a question
when someone re apply for the second time, do the VO check your previous application documents you submitted.

cause im thinking if i should submit all the documents i submitted on my first application again especially the SOP, or they have it already and would definitely check it?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
hey, got a question
when someone re apply for the second time, do the VO check your previous application documents you submitted.

cause im thinking if i should submit all the documents i submitted on my first application again especially the SOP, or they have it already and would definitely check it?
All previous documents and information already in IRCC system would definitely be referred back to, to actually see if there is a sudden twist in the already provided information.

You should be careful not to give information that would be contrary to the first, though you can provide new additional documents to improve the strength and success of your next application.

If you give a contradicting information contrary to the first application, the VO might perceived a misrepresentation.

For a reapplication, you have to submit another set of documents, it boils down to you if you want to reapply with the previous documents, you know your application and situation more that anybody does.

I went through your LOE, it wasn't quite convincing though you need to be detailed in explaing the refusal reason because its a straight forward and less complex reason to address, but you need to sound convincing. If necessary, request for your gcms notes.

Good luck!

Reactions: no.cap.alex

Yoshyyahu

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018
A
All previous documents and information already in IRCC system would definitely be referred back to, to actually see if there is a sudden twist in the already provided information.

You should be careful not to give information that would be contrary to the first, though you can provide new additional documents to improve the strength and success of your next application.

If you give a contradicting information contrary to the first application, the VO might perceived a misrepresentation.

For a reapplication, you have to submit another set of documents, it boils down to you if you want to reapply with the previous documents, you know your application and situation more that anybody does.

I went through your LOE, it wasn't quite convincing though you need to be detailed in explaing the refusal reason because its a straight forward and less complex reason to address, but you need to sound convincing. If necessary, request for your gcms notes.

Good luck!
About this, I observed I made a mistake in my siblings' DOB (2nd App) in family form, do you think it's consequential enough to result in misrepresentation?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
A

About this, I observed I made a mistake in my siblings' DOB (2nd App) in family form, do you think it's consequential enough to result in misrepresentation?

Not really, i don't think so. You are the principal applicant, and most of the scrutinizing would be focus on you more than your siblings.

BTW if it really bothers you, send the correct document via the webform or email with a body explanatory message about the error, to the VO handling your application.

However, i don't see it as consequential.

Reactions: Yoshyyahu

Yoshyyahu

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018
Not really, i don't think so. You are the principal applicant, and most of the scrutinizing would be focus on you more than your siblings.

BTW if it really bothers you, send the correct document via the webform or email with a body explanatory message about the error, to the VO handling your application.

However, i don't see it as consequential.
Thank you so much, how do I know the VO handling my app, I submitted online?

Yoshyyahu

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018
VO can also mean Visa Office. You assess the information through IRCC website (via google)
Thanks for responding, I know what VO mean, normally our Visa doc is addressed to Lagos, but information available shows no Visa is processed in Lagos, hence the confusion about which office is handling an application. Many people will say Kenya, the question is how will I know for sure?

Ayeni babajide

Star Member
Apr 15, 2019
Thanks for responding, I know what VO mean, normally our Visa doc is addressed to Lagos, but information available shows no Visa is processed in Lagos, hence the confusion about which office is handling an application. Many people will say Kenya, the question is how will I know for sure?
If your application has exceeded the normal processing time. You should send a web form. They will reply and tell you where your document is currently being processed

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
To know, send a message to London via email, making an enquiry about your application. They would refer your enquiry to the appropriate office copying you. That way you get to know, when the right office responds to your enquiry.

BTW if you applied in Nigeria, there is better chance that your application is been processed in Nairobi

no.cap.alex

Apr 10, 2019

Good luck!
yes, ive ordered it already

Yoshyyahu

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018
To know, send a message to London via email, making an enquiry about your application. They would refer your enquiry to the appropriate office copying you. That way you get to know, when the right office responds to your enquiry.

BTW if you applied in Nigeria, there is better chance that your application is been processed in Nairobi
Thank you, will do that

Miss Jenny

May 28, 2019
My application is less than 3 weeks (paper route - I linked it online) No upfront medical, and I already received a biometric validity letter without a medical request. Am scared this is a negative sign based on the fact that people get there medical request before the biometric validity letter. Pls house, what do u think about this situation.