+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prospective Student for January, May, and September 2019 Intake Gather Here For Question and Answer

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
It will be highly appreciated if anyone can give a specific answer to this question please. I got admission to study Professional Accounting (Post graduate certificate) Its a 3 semester course that runs for 1year. I will like to know how long PGWP I can get and maybe there's any bridge course to help me complete one or two more semester in other to get a 3 year PGWP.
You will get 1yr PGWP. You can as well do PGD in Business Administration or Business Management

Reactions: Miss Jenny

Moyosoree

Apr 27, 2019
Hello
Please which address should be in the sponsorship letter? And should there be an address in the Sop?
How can I show home ties as an undergraduate?

Pre33

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
my timeline guys

I re-applied online on 31st May 2019 under general category

31st May 2019: Confirmation and submission letter
7th June 2019: Medical passed and review started

what are the chances of approval after medical passed is it a good sign and when can i expect a decision i am really stressed #hope

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello
Please which address should be in the sponsorship letter? And should there be an address in the Sop?
How can I show home ties as an undergraduate?
Its not conpulsory for an address, SOPs takes different forms and formats. In the case of inputting an address, the location of which the Canadian visa office in your country is situated should be the address.

As an undergraduate, your home ties could be:

1. A reference letter and certificate of membership of any legal organization or association.

2. Prospect or future offer of internship or research partnership.

3. Inheritance

4. Voluntary or community services of a said initiative

5. A prospect of future career in your home country

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
my timeline guys

I re-applied online on 31st May 2019 under general category

31st May 2019: Confirmation and submission letter
7th June 2019: Medical passed and review started

what are the chances of approval after medical passed is it a good sign and when can i expect a decision i am really stressed #hope
There's a chance of an approval especially with a medical done upon request, and with an upfront medical, it should be 50/50 but hope for the best. The final decision is close, just
be hopeful

Reactions: Pre33

Pre33

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
There's a chance of an approval especially with a medical done upon request, and with an upfront medical, it should be 50/50 but hope for the best. The final decision is close, just
be hopeful
so, I can expect a decision anytime soon and i believe i meet all the requirements hoping for an approval #hope.

Reactions: Johnsnow 007

Moyosoree

Apr 27, 2019
Thank you. I’m 18 years old and I don’t have any land or property in my name yet. Can I just put my parents’ properties.

Its not conpulsory for an address, SOPs takes different forms and formats. In the case of inputting an address, the location of which the Canadian visa office in your country is situated should be the address.

As an undergraduate, your home ties could be:

1. A reference letter and certificate of membership of any legal organization or association.

2. Prospect or future offer of internship or research partnership.

3. Inheritance

4. Voluntary or community services of a said initiative

5. A prospect of future career in your home country

Miss Jenny

May 28, 2019
Thanks Mehtabsingh

What if I change my program to a 2 year diploma program wth coop, will I get 3year PGWP?

I already applied for visa with the previous information i.e 1yr Postgraduate certificate......if after getting my visa I change to 2year Diploma, is it going to be an issue since the program is now different?

Reactions: 1299MehtabSingh

Miss Jenny

May 28, 2019
You will get 1yr PGWP. You can as well do PGD in Business Administration or Business Management
Thanks John

What if I change my program to a 2 year Diploma program wth coop, will I get 3year PGWP?

I already applied for visa with the previous information i.e 1yr Postgraduate certificate......if after getting my visa I change to 2year Diploma, is it going to be an issue since the program is now different?

1299MehtabSingh

Nov 29, 2018
Punjab
LANDED..........
04-09-2019
Thanks Mehtabsingh

What if I change my program to a 2 year diploma program wth coop, will I get 3year PGWP?

Welcome.
If you get your visa for 1 year program your visa duration will be according to that program. I have heard that some students change their programs and even colleges. So yes it is possible.
BTW for which college and program have you applied?

Miss Jenny

May 28, 2019
I applied to fanshawe college 3 semester (1 year ) postgraduate certificate in accounting but now i want to change to Diploma in Business logistic and supply chain mgt that runs for 2year because of the 3year PGWP and d coop opportunity to get canadian work experience.

I am only worried because I have already applied for my visa with the previous information.

Am happy now atleast to hear that it's not a problem

Thanks Mehtabsingh

Reactions: 1299MehtabSingh

1299MehtabSingh

Nov 29, 2018
Punjab
LANDED..........
04-09-2019
I applied to fanshawe college 3 semester (1 year ) postgraduate certificate in accounting but now i want to change to Diploma in Business logistic and supply chain mgt that runs for 2year because of the 3year PGWP and d coop opportunity to get canadian work experience.

I am only worried because I have already applied for my visa with the previous information.

Am happy now atleast to hear that it's not a problem

Thanks Mehtabsingh
If you are applying through agent, the agency will help you changing the program. But if you are applying on your own, I think once you get your visa, mail the college regrading the change of program. But bear in mind that I advise you to consult an agency for this, as they have links in colleges.

Reactions: Miss Jenny

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Thank you. I’m 18 years old and I don’t have any land or property in my name yet. Can I just put my parents’ properties.
Yes, your parents properties and their own personal future plans for you in Nigeria after your studies in Canada would suffice. Your parents(sponsor) should do well to hint at these areas in their Letter of spinsorship given you still a teenager likewise in your SOP too. I believe you have an account opened already, get them to transfer some funds sufficient for your 1year living expenses even if you been sponsored by your parents. The. Include the(your personal statement) to that of your sponsor while submitting. If possible, do well to pay for your tuition fees(i believe its an UG program) for the first year.