+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prospective Student for January, May, and September 2019 Intake Gather Here For Question and Answer

Yoshyyahu

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018
Hello,

Asking on behalf of my brother. His employer is sponsoring him for Masters degree program.Total tuition is about $36,000. He just got denied for the reasons below. He has about $7000 in his personal account and the sponsor has over $50,000 in the company account. Tuition was not paid but $500 was paid to accept admission that goes towards the tuition. He wants to reapply, what can he do so that he won't be refused again?

Also, as his sister, can I support his application with my Canadian accounts as backup? Will this cause any harm?

Thanks

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada
It's understandable if you're co-sponsoring your brother than having a company as the major sponsor. Nothing is wrong with co-sponsoring your brother

Reactions: 7fifty

Pkay30

Jun 2, 2019
Hello fam. Please my main sponser id my guardian, and i was advisd not to go ahead with it cos i ll be refused visa except i present a tangible case. Pls i need yoyr advises how do i go about this?? thank you

Evankc

Dec 13, 2018
After medical passed , biometric correspondence letter then follow by final result . Why is final result taken much time or after correspondence letter are they still reviewing the applications again before they can release final result ??????

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello,

Asking on behalf of my brother. His employer is sponsoring him for Masters degree program.Total tuition is about $36,000. He just got denied for the reasons below. He has about $7000 in his personal account and the sponsor has over $50,000 in the company account. Tuition was not paid but $500 was paid to accept admission that goes towards the tuition. He wants to reapply, what can he do so that he won't be refused again?

Also, as his sister, can I support his application with my Canadian accounts as backup? Will this cause any harm?

Thanks

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada
What actually went wrong i think with this application is that there was no show of commitment especially when its a third party sponsorship. The company was suppose to pay at least for one semester and most likely for his one year tuition of fees, nothing was also not wrong for paying the $500 CAD for securing the seat but there should have been more commitment. The $7k CAD in your brother's account isn't close to the $10k CAD required by IRCC for living expenses, that also contributed.

There is nothing wrong with you cosponsoring your brother, in fact, that's more reliable to a company sponsorship.

The solutions:

1. He shouldn't be in haste or desperate to reapply

2. Since you in Canada, help him require for his gcms notes with his authorization to use a representatives for as low as $5 or use a third party site of caipsgcms.com for $16 above. This notes gives proper insight on how to tackle his reapplication as it states the VO's concerns.

3. He should pay for his 1 semester or 1 yr tuition fees

4. Transfer his living expenses of 1yr into his account. $10k CAD/$11k CAD

5. He show show any proof that he is well established both socially and economically in his home country

6. Get all the necessary financial documents and source of funds documents from his sponsor(s)

7. He should write a very detailed and convincing Letter of Explanation to the effect of his refusal reason.

8. The sponsorship letter(s) should not only show promissory intent but true commitment of facts.

This is what i can think for now

Good luck!

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello fam. Please my main sponser id my guardian, and i was advisd not to go ahead with it cos i ll be refused visa except i present a tangible case. Pls i need yoyr advises how do i go about this?? thank you

Try as much as possible to show concrete proof of your relationship with your guardian, if possible, draw a family tree.

Also, show proof of previous commitment of your guardian to your endeavours.

There should be proper commitment by your guardian - read my comment to @7fifty post.

A good detailed and convincing letter of sponsorship from your sponsor of what he hopes to achieve a d reason(s) for wanting to sponsor you, like you writing an sop to this effect too.

If this is done right, you have no worries

Good luck!

Pkay30

Jun 2, 2019
Try as much as possible to show concrete proof of your relationship with your guardian, if possible, draw a family tree.

Also, show proof of previous commitment of your guardian to your endeavours.

There should be proper commitment by your guardian - read my comment to @7fifty post.

A good detailed and convincing letter of sponsorship from your sponsor of what he hopes to achieve a d reason(s) for wanting to sponsor you, like you writing an sop to this effect too.

If this is done right, you have no worries

Good luck!

Thank you so much, God bless you.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
After medical passed , biometric correspondence letter then follow by final result . Why is final result taken much time or after correspondence letter are they still reviewing the applications again before they can release final result ??????
They have to check your admissibility which takes time.

Blema

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hello@johnsnow

I just gained admission into University of Windsor for fall 2019 with $16,000 scholarship. I have several questions
1. Can I defer to January without losing the funding?
2. My dad is my sponsor and he’s retired, what are the documents to show that he can sponsor me
3. My mum has given me a property as deed of gift, it’s a two story building, is that sufficient?
4. If my deferment is rejected, how will prove ties too. I work at a job of 40k but I got another offer to resume July for a job of 150k, that’s why I need to defer but if I’m unable to, what should I do?

Reactions: Seyicruz8

Seyicruz8

Apr 20, 2019
Hello johnsnow,
I just gained admission for September intake with funding, if I apply for visa now,will I still make it before September?

Blema

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hello johnsnow,
I just gained admission for September intake with funding, if I apply for visa now,will I still make it before September?
My dear, the two of us are in the same position. The school told me to apply for visa. So I’m gathering my documents. Let it be stated on your application that you are going for September 2019 sha. Which school did you gain admission?

Miss Jenny

May 28, 2019
It will be highly appreciated if anyone can give a specific answer to this question please. I got admission to study Professional Accounting (Post graduate certificate) Its a 3 semester course that runs for 1year. I will like to know how long PGWP I can get and maybe there's any bridge course to help me complete one or two more semester in other to get a 3 year PGWP.

1299MehtabSingh

Nov 29, 2018
Punjab
LANDED..........
04-09-2019
It will be highly appreciated if anyone can give a specific answer to this question please. I got admission to study Professional Accounting (Post graduate certificate) Its a 3 semester course that runs for 1year. I will like to know how long PGWP I can get and maybe there's any bridge course to help me complete one or two more semester in other to get a 3 year PGWP.
It doesn't matter if your program is 2 semester or 3 semesters long, but the duration of the program on your offer letter determines the duration of PGWP. E.g my program at northern college, pures is 2 semesters long from Sept 19 to April 20 (8months) but the LOA reads that duration is 1 year. So I will get a one year PGWP. But if I go for another 1 year program I will get 2 year PGWP(as per new rules). However if I study for next year in a program that has credit transfer or something like tgat, or diploma ti degree programs, I will get a 3 year PGWP.
Hope it helps. Correct me if I am wrong.

Reactions: Miss Jenny

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello@johnsnow

I just gained admission into University of Windsor for fall 2019 with $16,000 scholarship. I have several questions
1. Can I defer to January without losing the funding?
2. My dad is my sponsor and he’s retired, what are the documents to show that he can sponsor me
3. My mum has given me a property as deed of gift, it’s a two story building, is that sufficient?
4. If my deferment is rejected, how will prove ties too. I work at a job of 40k but I got another offer to resume July for a job of 150k, that’s why I need to defer but if I’m unable to, what should I do?
Congratulations on your admission and scholarship. In answering your questions:

1. Yes, you can defer your admission without losing your scholarship but each respective Canadian schools have their policies and requirements regarding their funding or scholarship. Its best you contact them on this.

2. a. Pension account
b. Personal savings account
c. Investments/Tbills/Mutual fund/ Stocks/Bond
d. Retirement letter
e. Letters of employment, Promotion, etc
f. Letter of Sponsorship
g. Landed properties
h. Valid national ID
i. ID of work
j. Any other documents that proves his source of funds etc
g. Previous travel stamps

3. Its good. It can show hometies but how you connect these things in your SOP proves substantial convincing, not just including documents. There are other ways you can also show hometies like economic ties ( your level of establishment and source of funds etc.) and social ties (organizational membership etc.).

4. Not comprehensible for me to comment

Good luck!