+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prospective Student for January, May, and September 2019 Intake Gather Here For Question and Answer

Blema

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
Please when does U of Saskatchewan and Queen University make their final decision. This delay is killing me. And who knows how to convert GPA. Mine is 4.37

Hema_1993

Jan 27, 2019
Hello friends...
I got letter of acceptance from Dublin City University for MEng mechanical engineering..... and am waiting for the final decision from concordia university and university of alberta....
Guys please advice me.... How about studying masters in mechanical engineering in ireland....?
What are the job opportunities there after completing the course????
Your suggestions are most welcome........

pete26

Feb 9, 2019
Good day guys, I'm new here and I'd really appreciate your assistance, I got and admission into a canadian university to begin in sept 2019 and in preparation for my visa application, I want to find out what my documents I'd be needing. So far I have my CV, Birth cert, Bsc Cert, employment letter and payslip, Transcript, Admission letter, receipt of 2000CAD paid to hold my admission, landed doc. from my mum whose my sponsor. I intend to bring in my maternal uncle, who has a firm as my sponsor. Please aside from his letter of sponsorship, CAC cert. tax clearance, bio data page of intl. passport, what else would he need to provide, and also what other document will I be needing

Tolulola Esther

Jan 9, 2019
Nigeia
Hello everyone,
I applied to Lambton college for sept intake.i was expecting LOA from them but unfortunately, the schools emailed me today that I should send my English proficiency for review. I don't know why they are requesting such a document when my country is exempted from providing it and I have submitted a letter from university when applying. Should I just email them back to tell them my country exemptions because I don't have ielts to provide? Please, your kind advises will be appreciated. Thanks

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,
I applied to Lambton college for sept intake.i was expecting LOA from them but unfortunately, the schools emailed me today that I should send my English proficiency for review. I don't know why they are requesting such a document when my country is exempted from providing it and I have submitted a letter from university when applying. Should I just email them back to tell them my country exemptions because I don't have ielts to provide? Please, your kind advises will be appreciated. Thanks
Hello Tolulope Esther,

Lambton College does a lot of 'shakara' especially if you are applying for any of their business or IT related programs. Many of those programs are over subscribed, so in order to reduce to filter out the number of applicants, they bring up other issues like English Proficiency.

You have two choices, you either provide them with the IELTS results or its equivalent, or you consider another college. Centennial is another good college.

All the best

Cheers

Omofar

Tolulola Esther

Jan 9, 2019
Nigeia
Hello Tolulope Esther,

Lambton College does a lot of 'shakara' especially if you are applying for any of their business or IT related programs. Many of those programs are over subscribed, so in order to reduce to filter out the number of applicants, they bring up other issues like English Proficiency.

You have two choices, you either provide them with the IELTS results or its equivalent, or you consider another college. Centennial is another good college.

All the best

Cheers

Omofar
I applied for Autism and behavioral science. I suspected so too.
I have emailed them anyway and hopefully, they will reconsider because i have a degree in education and if not I will have to hope for the other colleges I applied to.

Thanks

Reactions: Omofar

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day guys, I'm new here and I'd really appreciate your assistance, I got and admission into a canadian university to begin in sept 2019 and in preparation for my visa application, I want to find out what my documents I'd be needing. So far I have my CV, Birth cert, Bsc Cert, employment letter and payslip, Transcript, Admission letter, receipt of 2000CAD paid to hold my admission, landed doc. from my mum whose my sponsor. I intend to bring in my maternal uncle, who has a firm as my sponsor. Please aside from his letter of sponsorship, CAC cert. tax clearance, bio data page of intl. passport, what else would he need to provide, and also what other document will I be needing
Hello pete26,

1. Congratulations on getting admitted into a Canadian university. You did not say if its for undergrad or post-grad studies, that info will be helpful in assessing your chances of getting a study permit approval.

2. Please confirm that the University is a designated learning institution (DLI) or else you will not be given a study permit.

3. Study permit application guide can be found here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5269-applying-study-permit-outside-canada.html

4.Based on the documents you have including your B.Sc I now see that it is a post-graduate program you are applying for. Here are a few issues of concern I think you should try and address in order to increase your chances of approval.
a) Pay the tuition fee of at least a semester, better still pay for a session. This will show that the money is yours or that your sponsor is committed to being responsible for all associated fees during your study period in Canada. The $2,000CAD would not be sufficient to demonstrate this.

b) I would suggest your uncle and your mum discuss this matter, and the funds be moved to your mum's account, the embassy does not really 'trust' that a third party would be willing to pay for your fees, especially with the economic situation in the country (trust me they are aware), it would raise a red flag.

c) You did not state what business your mum is into. Not only should the funds be held in your mum's account, she must be able to demonstrate that the funds were made from a verifiable source of income.

Finally, getting admission is much easier than getting study permit approval. You need to make sure your application is very tight and nicely packaged or else your application will be rejected.

All the best.

Cheers

Omofar

Sohail K

Jan 21, 2019
Hello everyone,
Please inbox me to see if i can help you out since I am at last step of getting visa application decision.

Reactions: Tolulola Esther

stressedz

Star Member
Jan 12, 2019
Greetings, I have few questions regarding proof of funds.
I am showing fixed deposit of cad 45000 (fathers) he is my sponsor. my father has property (3 store yd building) on his name.and we get rent from tenant every month. but our tenant always give rent on Cash. How do i show it to VO? that we get rent every month as a proof of funds.

Another thing is we have property papers and all but how do i show it to Visa Officer that we built a 3 store yd building?
Help me in this matter. Thanks in advance.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Greetings, I have few questions regarding proof of funds.
I am showing fixed deposit of cad 45000 (fathers) he is my sponsor. my father has property (3 store yd building) on his name.and we get rent from tenant every month. but our tenant always give rent on Cash. How do i show it to VO? that we get rent every month as a proof of funds.

Another thing is we have property papers and all but how do i show it to Visa Officer that we built a 3 store yd building?
Help me in this matter. Thanks in advance.
Its advisable to liquidate the FD and deposit the funds into your sponsor's (father) account except if the closing balance in your father's account is sufficient to cover your living expenses and first semester/year(if feasible for the previous year but could also be optional) then the FD can be included without liquidation. The VOs want to see funds that could be easily accessed.

As for the rent collection, issued receipts and a tenancy agreement drafted by a lawyer can suffice enormously

For your last question, since there is property papers, endeavour to show it. The building approval plan, land survey, and deed of transfer for the land would suffice, or any of the listed available

In addendum, you can also include pictures of his properties and evaluation document(optional) which would be use to compliment the aforementioned above

Reactions: stressedz

stressedz

Star Member
Jan 12, 2019
Its advisable to liquidate the FD and deposit the funds into your sponsor's (father) account except if the closing balance in your father's account is sufficient to cover your living expenses and first semester/year(if feasible for the previous year but could also be optional) then the FD can be included without liquidation. The VOs want to see funds that could be easily accessed.

As for the rent collection, issued receipts and a tenancy agreement drafted by a lawyer can suffice enormously

For your last question, since there is property papers, endeavour to show it. The building approval plan, land survey, and deed of transfer for the land would suffice, or any of the listed available

In addendum, you can also include pictures of his properties and evaluation document(optional) which would be use to compliment the aforementioned above
Can i show the buildings (3 store yd drawings and unit plan drawings) which is made by an engineer. I found only these two documents few days ago. But i can't found the other documents which you had mentioned such as approval plan, land survey, and deed.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Can i show the buildings (3 store yd drawings and unit plan drawings) which is made by an engineer. I found only these two documents few days ago. But i can't found the other documents which you had mentioned such as approval plan, land survey, and deed.
That would also come in handy as well as your father can also swear an affidavit of "Asset Declaration" with the complete details and locations of his properties

Reactions: stressedz