+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prospective Student for January, May, and September 2019 Intake Gather Here For Question and Answer

diptesh

Feb 14, 2019
I applied in December and received my offer in February. Hope this helps you
thanks dear for replying. one last bit..........hw much was ur graduation percentage??? jst wanted to check my competency as i am very much interested to get into this course.

I.D.S

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Hello I was hoping you all could help me

I got accepted to an MA degree in SFU (Fall intake). I am planning to apply for a study permit along with an OWP for my husband (online application). Would this lead to visa rejection?

And also I don't have a bank balance for 4 months, but I am planning to sell a car to fund my studies. Would that be okay?

Also I am showing my husband's Business Registration Documents and my house for ties to the home country. Will they suffice?

Thank you in advance

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I got accepted to an MA degree in SFU (Fall intake). I am planning to apply for a study permit along with an OWP for my husband (online application). Would this lead to visa rejection?

And also I don't have a bank balance for 4 months, but I am planning to sell a car to fund my studies. Would that be okay?

Also I am showing my husband's Business Registration Documents and my house for ties to the home country. Will they suffice?

Thank you in advance
Hi I.D.S,

Hope well. I would strongly advise against your plan. A Canadian study permit has what is called Dual Intent. If a VO suspects this in your application he/she is likely to reject you application. I would suggest you apply for your own Study permit first, get it. And then apply for a visitor permit for your husband. In his application just clarify that he will be accompanying you to help you settle into your new environment, and then will be returning to his business in your home country.

Cheers

All the best.

Omofar

Reactions: Johnsnow 007

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria

Thank you in advance
In excerpt of your queries, work on your funds and home ties. In addition to what you've already been advised on, apply alone first and use your hubby as part of your home ties

I.D.S

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Hi I.D.S,

Hope well. I would strongly advise against your plan. A Canadian study permit has what is called Dual Intent. If a VO suspects this in your application he/she is likely to reject you application. I would suggest you apply for your own Study permit first, get it. And then apply for a visitor permit for your husband. In his application just clarify that he will be accompanying you to help you settle into your new environment, and then will be returning to his business in your home country.

Cheers

All the best.

Omofar
Hi thank you for your quick response. But could he apply for an OWP after coming as a visitor? Won't that look more suspicious?

I.D.S

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
In excerpt of your queries, work on your funds and home ties. In addition to what you've already been advised on, apply alone first and use your hubby as part of your home ties
Thank you for your response. When is it advisable to apply for my husband's OWP? Afte

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi thank you for your quick response. But could he apply for an OWP after coming as a visitor? Won't that look more suspicious?
Hello I.D.S,

Yes he can. He may 'claim' that the long distance is affecting your marriage and hence would like to be with you until you complete your studies. Also note that what you both will get before you fly is a TRV (Temporary Residence Permit), when you land in Canada, Toronto/Vacouver/Montreal, that is when the immigration officer will issue your own study permit, and that is when your husband will explain what he is doing in Canada, there he will be issued an OWP as well (Please get clarification about the OWP), but generally that is how it is done. So what you both will be leaving your home country with is a TRV. Again reconfirm or anyone else with more experience can help clarify. If this is the case, it won't look suspicious. Again, if it is not the case, he can just apply to be your dependent while you both are in Canada citing the reason I mentioned earlier. But it is always better that thr primary applicant gets their own permit first before dependents.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best.

Omofar

Last edited:

I.D.S

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Hello I.D.S,

Yes he can. He may 'claim' that the long distance is affecting our marriage and hence would like to be with you until you complete your studies.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best.

Omofar
Thank you very much. Would surely let u know how it goes

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
Hi,
I am going to get my $10k gic funds from my godmother and transfered into my account.
However I have read that it's better that the money comes from a parent so can my godmother transfer the money into my dads account and then he transfers it into my account? since my parents dont have 10k for me and I will get bank loan for tuition only.

If my dad transfers the money into my bank account and writes a gift deed do I still have to show his bank statement and what about where he got the 10k from in the first place? does my godmother need to write a gift deed giving the money to my dad and then my dad writes a gift deed giving it to me?

Should I rather forget all this and just get giftdeed from grandmother to me?

Mandii

Feb 19, 2019
I have weighed the options from your reply thank you very much, and I feel it’s best to go ahead with a Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in international Development.
But do schools in Canada offer PGD programs and what schools And regions please?
Also considering that I’m also serving (NYSC) is it advisable to get an admission for fall (September) 2019 and differ the admission to start January 2020 ?

GloDiva

Jan 21, 2019
hello everyone
i was advised to order the notes from my file in response for my study permit beyond normal processing time, i received my notes today and i am asked to contact GCMS help desk or proceed with processing the application at the VO's discretion pls what do i need to do next and is the response out of place?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
hello everyone
i was advised to order the notes from my file in response for my study permit beyond normal processing time, i received my notes today and i am asked to contact GCMS help desk or proceed with processing the application at the VO's discretion pls what do i need to do next and is the response out of place?
This context is rare. Did you request your gcms notes via a person with PR status or third party representative?

However, if your gcms notes addresses concerns of insufficient documents/indirectly hinting towards additional supporting documents by the VO, do the needful and send it through the webform or email otherwise there is no reason to contact the gcms help desk since you now have your notes