+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prospective Student for January, May, and September 2019 Intake Gather Here For Question and Answer

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
I am applying to Umanitoba, I got stuck when applying for political studies in the section of filling in "Academic History" and please I need assistance to move on with completing the application.

This is the issue: It keeps showing "please enter a invalid month and year(mm/yy)" which I have done by imputing the required end dates and start dates i.e. "June 2016," still no luck just confused.

Any idea will be resourceful
Can you post a screenshot here? That will help to understand the error.

Fatimaa Shah

May 7, 2018
I'm a Software Engineer and belong from Pakistan. I have 5 yrs of experience. I have been accepted in University of Ottawa for Master's Program for Winter'18. I've applied on 15th of Oct, 2017 for a study permit. In mid of Nov'17 I got an email from CIC to submit directly to Abu Dhabi Embassy:

1. My father's bank statement directly to Abu Dhabi Office (Because my father lives in Dubai)
2. Proof of UAE Residency
3. Employment Reference Letter

I got +ve because they replied me much earlier than I expected. My consultant told me to give upfront medical so I gave an upfront medical in December'17.

Uptill now, I didn't receive any update from CIC. I asked my consultant to send reminders to them. He send a reminder and after 3 weeks I got a same email that my case is in queue for processing.

A week ago, I come here in dubai to meet my father and I received a call from my consultant that I have just receive a call from VO and he wants to have a telephonic interview with you. My consultant forward my UAE contact number to the VO. Till now, I didn't get any call.

It's been almost more than 6 months, I'm waiting for my visa approval. Is there any expert here, I will be thankful to you guys for your advice and suggestion.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
I know for such CIC hardly reply to emails but have you tried sending them reninders again? if yes then its best your request for your caips/gcms notes, try to start from there

Reactions: Al Saudi

Fatimaa Shah

May 7, 2018
I know for such CIC hardly reply to emails but have you tried sending them reninders again? if yes then its best your request for your caips/gcms notes, try to start from there
My consultant told me to wait so that the VO can call me for an interview. Will I wait for the VO call?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
It happens sometimes like this, waiting for visa approval for a very long time. 6 months and counting is a long time to wait for a SP. Your agent should keep sending them reminder email, they will reply one day.. do you trust your agent?

..be hopeful

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
I'm a Software Engineer and belong from Pakistan. I have 5 yrs of experience. I have been accepted in University of Ottawa for Master's Program for Winter'18. I've applied on 15th of Oct, 2017 for a study permit. In mid of Nov'17 I got an email from CIC to submit directly to Abu Dhabi Embassy:

1. My father's bank statement directly to Abu Dhabi Office (Because my father lives in Dubai)
2. Proof of UAE Residency
3. Employment Reference Letter

I got +ve because they replied me much earlier than I expected. My consultant told me to give upfront medical so I gave an upfront medical in December'17.

Uptill now, I didn't receive any update from CIC. I asked my consultant to send reminders to them. He send a reminder and after 3 weeks I got a same email that my case is in queue for processing.

A week ago, I come here in dubai to meet my father and I received a call from my consultant that I have just receive a call from VO and he wants to have a telephonic interview with you. My consultant forward my UAE contact number to the VO. Till now, I didn't get any call.

It's been almost more than 6 months, I'm waiting for my visa approval. Is there any expert here, I will be thankful to you guys for your advice and suggestion.
I have never heard any VO calling a consultant to setup a interview with the applicant. They want to interview you they will send an email so ask the consultant if he has any email. If not, link your application to your CIC acct and track from there. follow the instructions to link, https://caipsgcms.com/blog/8/How-To-Link-Your-Paper-Based-Application-To-Your-Online-Cic-Account

You need to do your due diligence and not just depend on the VO.

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
No, I guess your final year project was Thesis base and not research though sometimes Thesis need some research before it can be written.. but I think its Thesis base

However, to the best of my knowledge, your profile is impressive as that is already worthy of an attention, I think your work experience is good enough also but it would be best if you contact your prospect DLI to actually know the importance they hold in research works before granting an admission or seeking more information(if its for you to quickly put something together to show your research work) because in a literally point, most Canada schools(department) requires either a previous work on Thesis or Research

Though you can also decide to talk about reasons for not having a research work when writing your letter of intent
I wanted to provide an update here. So a week or so after my post here I was refused by Waterloo's ECE program for an MASc. I expected that because I didn't really get in touch with professors. I erroneously believed it was too late to email them.

But this refusal motivated me to email some professors from where i had not gotten any decisions. Long story short, Queens offered me a fully funded MASc position yesterday. It's totally unofficial (just an email from the professor/head-of-department) but I'm very happy.

I had settled on an MEng in Systems Design at Waterloo but my heart is in a MASc for a few reasons, hence i will chose Queens:

1) MEng feels like an advanced level of Bachelors to me, just more advanced coursework. I can learn that anywhere.
2) MASc provides me with the skills and background I need to solve open-ended problems.
3) I really enjoy technical/scientific writing and so look forward to writing a thesis.
4) It's fully funded which means the visa process is easier as well. No need to prove financials, no need to prove you're a bona-fide student.

If you guys are considering applying to MASc positions in Canada, you need to email professors. The #1 thing in my case was my resume. I already had work experience in the field and I put my skills and core knowledge section at the top. I didn't even email them my transcripts.

In my case, the interview was technical and I tanked it. It didn't help that I received a rejection from my top choice, McGill, 3 minutes before the interview so I did horribly. One of them asked me a basic probability question and I totally blanked.

But you need to get in touch with professors. There is no chance for an international student without it.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Congrats on the first part, the second to go.. in my opinion regard your highlighted point 4, it's advisable and best you submit your application with some financial documents and as well try to prove you're a bona fide students

its always wise to never say never even if it's so

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Congrats on the first part, the second to go.. in my opinion regard your highlighted point 4, it's advisable and best you submit your application with some financial documents and as well try to prove you're a bona fide students

its always wise to never say never even if it's so
Sorry, I wasn't clear. My point was, the burden of proof is now in the Letter of Acceptance.

I will still provide 3 bank statements (my Waterloo sponsor, and two of my personal statements). These statements will show a huge transaction to Waterloo which I will have to explain to VO. Not a problem as I will just give the Waterloo offer letter as well and explain the situation.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Sorry, I wasn't clear. My point was, the burden of proof is now in the Letter of Acceptance.

I will still provide 3 bank statements (my Waterloo sponsor, and two of my personal statements). These statements will show a huge transaction to Waterloo which I will have to explain to VO. Not a problem as I will just give the Waterloo offer letter as well and explain the situation.
Okay.. and make sure you have some extra money in the account that would be sufficient to show for your living expenses even if its included in your sponsorship funds, double back up

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Okay.. and make sure you have some extra money in the account that would be sufficient to show for your living expenses even if its included in your sponsorship funds, double back up
Yes, I have CAD 30,000 in my personal account + CAD 20,000 provided by sponsor for Waterloo (after payment to Waterloo).

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Yes, I have CAD 30,000 in my personal account + CAD 20,000 provided by sponsor for Waterloo (after payment to Waterloo).
That will be helpful, and try to state everything that will help your case in your SOP of anything you've done that needs important explanation to the VO's understanding and also go through your other supporting documents to make sure its intact

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
That will be helpful, and try to state everything that will help your case in your SOP of anything you've done that needs important explanation to the VO's understanding and also go through your other supporting documents to make sure its intact
Hi, so I'll explain my case here. So please give feedback if you feel something is missing.

When I was applying for a study permit based on the offer from Waterloo, I had already paid 100% of the tuition (16 months) to Waterloo. My sponsor, a public limited company in which I and my father are a shareholder and also my employer for the past six years, transferred the funds to my personal account. I opened a new account in which I transferred these funds and sent the tuition to Waterloo. I have a letter from Waterloo and also from my bank proving this. Keep in mind, I paid 100% of my tuition and the remaining amount in my account was for living expenses in Waterloo.

However, the situation, as I describe above now changes as I now have a fully funded offer, tuition + living, for two years. I am now going to request the employer to change the affidavit to confirm that they transferred the funds but now that we have switched to a fully funded offer from Queen's, they will still support me for any unexpected expenses + provide me with CAD 10,000.

My program is the same as my bachelors and the specialization i seek I already have work experience. In fact, I can also provide my supervisor's email stating the project I will work as it is relevant to the work I did at work. My SOP explains all of this.

The documentation I am providing is as follows:
  • bank statement from sponsor showing clearly the transfer of funds to me
  • my bank statement of my salaried account where I received the payment
  • my new bank account's statement where i transferred the above funds and then onto Waterloo. The remaining amount is still in this account.
  • affidavit from sponsor confirming the above + support for Queen's program
  • letter from bank saying they sent the funds to waterloo + letter from waterloo saying they received the funds
  • SOP explains the relevance of the program to my existing work + the project I will be working on at Queens has no similar research in my country
  • funding letter from Queen's
  • income tax returns of sponsor for the past three years to demonstrate revenue and income
  • employment letter stating my responsibilities + future responsibilities upon my return
  • four months tax certificates proving my employment
I want to add that the business statement above does not have a perpetual/minimum balance in it. It fluctuates a lot but it has very regular, weekly, payments from customers that are quite large (~CAD 200,000) and my sponsor clearly made the payment from one of these weekly transactions to my account.

In addition, I know that i am providng a bank statement of my 2nd account which is barely a few weeks old but that account was setup because my main bank was not cooperating with me to sending funds to Waterloo but I'm clearly proving the money trail and providing the source of funds.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hi, so I'll explain my case here. So please give feedback if you feel something is missing.

When I was applying for a study permit based on the offer from Waterloo, I had already paid 100% of the tuition (16 months) to Waterloo. My sponsor, a public limited company in which I and my father are a shareholder and also my employer for the past six years, transferred the funds to my personal account. I opened a new account in which I transferred these funds and sent the tuition to Waterloo. I have a letter from Waterloo and also from my bank proving this. Keep in mind, I paid 100% of my tuition and the remaining amount in my account was for living expenses in Waterloo.

However, the situation, as I describe above now changes as I now have a fully funded offer, tuition + living, for two years. I am now going to request the employer to change the affidavit to confirm that they transferred the funds but now that we have switched to a fully funded offer from Queen's, they will still support me for any unexpected expenses + provide me with CAD 10,000.

My program is the same as my bachelors and the specialization i seek I already have work experience. In fact, I can also provide my supervisor's email stating the project I will work as it is relevant to the work I did at work. My SOP explains all of this.

The documentation I am providing is as follows:

bank statement from sponsor showing clearly the transfer of funds to me
my bank statement of my salaried account where I received the payment
my new bank account's statement where i transferred the above funds and then onto Waterloo. The remaining amount is still in this account.
affidavit from sponsor confirming the above + support for Queen's program
letter from bank saying they sent the funds to waterloo + letter from waterloo saying they received the funds
SOP explains the relevance of the program to my existing work + the project I will be working on at Queens has no similar research in my country
funding letter from Queen's
income tax returns of sponsor for the past three years to demonstrate revenue and income
employment letter stating my responsibilities + future responsibilities upon my return
four months tax certificates proving my employment

I want to add that the business statement above does not have a perpetual/minimum balance in it. It fluctuates a lot but it has very regular, weekly, payments from customers that are quite large (~CAD 200,000) and my sponsor clearly made the payment from one of these weekly transactions to my account.

In addition, I know that i am providng a bank statement of my 2nd account which is barely a few weeks old but that account was setup because my main bank was not cooperating with me to sending funds to Waterloo but I'm clearly proving the money trail and providing the source of funds.
Is this the summary or the detailed SOP? if YES for SUMMARY then its okay based on the financial analysis but if YES for DETAILED, some vital infos are skipped. What i read in your SOP was just only about justifying your financial status which is good but there are other points to also include to strengthen an SOP. The break down of points to write on are

1. Introduction(talk little about yourself, your graduate course, and other relevant activities etc)

2. why you choose the course (you intend to do, and how it will make you a better person to yoursef and country)

3. Benefits of the course( especially to yourself and your home country etc.. always mention and your course to the interest of your country etc)

4. Why you choose Canada to study

5. Why the chosen University

6. Your short and long term plans( make sure you hint at returning back to your country after ur propose program)

When writing from the beginning, always try to paint a picture of you returning back to your country

..and how precious ur country is to help you explore ur new found or acquired knowledge after ur program..